Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 17 February 2014

Mrs A's Inaugural Butterfly Challenge

Hullo one and all another very quick post as felt needs must make the effort to join our Playground pal Mrs A's "Inaugural Butterfly Challenge".Actually when just popped over was delighted at how many of our (Dis Snippet's) playmates were over there! What splendid pals they all are!
Here is my ultra quick card. I needed a quick "Get well" card for a dear lady (in her 80's, broke her femur - so praying for speedy recovery, please Lord).
The Inaugural Butterfly #1 Challenge requires us to use two flowers and two butterflies on it.. and does not have to be a card can be many media. Just see Mrs A.'s lovely examples on link. I used K Kingdom Butterfly and Leaves E.F. Verse from WAW using labels 4. Purple snippet was pearlised with frosty mauve ink. Cut flowers and stem from Olivia Alphabet CB die set, with two punched butterflies. 
Of course embossing folder has about four or five peeking on it and used my butterfly watermark too so think there are enough butterflies for a butterfly challenge! :D
Again apologies for not commenting as much as want, as should not be on here anyway.. but do sneak in sometimes :D Thanks so very much for popping over for a peek and chat.
You do cheer my heart, may God bless and keep you all safe wherever you may be.
Shaz in Oz.x
PS meant to say joining over with Snippet Challenge (purple snippets) and Word Art Wednesday (Anything goes) where the digi stamp of verse is from .. I need it too at the moment.
 Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

16 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Beautiful card
love violet butterflies
hugs Tamara

brenda said...

Beautiful and elegant Shaz.

Hope your week is a good one.

B x

Sue - said...

Beautiful card. Hope the lady re covers soon.

Mrs A. said...

It might just be a trick of the light but the butterflies wings look two tone. A beautiful card for your friend with a lovely verse. Hope the break mends without any problems for her. Thank you so much for fluttering by my new little venture.I never dared to think it would take off so well.Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful card Shaz.
Hugs
Caz x

Irene said...

Beautiful and elegant Shaz. I love embossing folder and clicked for a better look. I think I need this one
LoL. A soft gentle colour combo - just perfect.
luv
irene
xxxx

Anne said...

Very pretty and I am sure will it will make your friend feel better!Beautiful work as always! xxx

Gail said...

Very pretty, and will cheer your friend up!
Hope you're feeling well!

Di said...

So elegant Shaz - I love the mauves with white and the butterflies are a gorgeous touch.

Hugs, Di xx

scrappymo! said...

This is a great entry for Mrs A's first challenge!

MaryH said...

Love this pretty white & lavender card done with your usual elegant style. Isn't it fun to see our Playground Elves jumping in with the Butterflies too? Another great way to use up the snippets in such a pretty way. Great card, TFS & big hugs too.

Sian Ridley said...

This is really beautiful! :) I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, I too wish her a speedy recovery :)

This is a lovely passage and I especially love the illumination (pretty floral design!) you have added to the 'B'...it is stunning! :)

Saints Rule! said...

Thank you for blessing us with your talents at Word Art Wednesday! We look forward to seeing you again!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card- the Pop of purple is so pretty! The butterflies are a great addition as well- I am sure this will put a smile on your friends face!

Sarn said...

Really lovely card Shaz. I'm sure it will be well received. xxx

Jean said...

A lovely pretty and uplifting card for your friend. I love the EF you've used.
Jean x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...