Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 25 April 2016

Scrappy Mo's Christmas + Butterfly + Snippety Challenge

Well, today is ANZAC day here in Australia and New Zealand as it is 25th April.. 
ANZAC stands for Australia and New Zealand Army Corps. 

 Australia and New Zealand both had a baptism of fire, under fire as new nations for the first time in 1915 at Gallipolli, current day Turkey. 
In WW1 Australia and New Zealand, two small emerging nations. lost 80,00 men and had over 200,00 casualties, a total of 280,000 lives taken or never then same again - families decimated by it all.
That's why we say together:
"In the morning,
And at the going down of the sun,
We will remember them.
Lest we forget."
On the 25th of the month, pop over at Scrappy Mo's Christmas card challenge - aka Rudolph day (until 30th April) over here! Here is my very snippety offering ( so joining Di's Snippets challenge for this and cards below).{will just have to work out which card am going to enter they all had snippets, but can only enter one..}
DP on back are two snippets from Christmas bonbons, colours silver one and one gold, embossed with CB Holly Ribbons 5x 7" EF. The red card is all snippets, side border die is a disc one, the verse on SB Labels 4 Fleur de Lis was done last year(s) ago, verse from Christmas card - on my desk last week as re-found it!
At Mrs A's Butterly challenge it is T is Teal and texture.. now I love both tea and texture so had to join in. Needed couple of cards too.These are made with  "There she goes clear stamps" set and masked off gebras or daisies on two of the snippetty square. Here am using London Fog and Teal Zeal by Memento to dust the edges. Then a used nail polish to give more texture and shone to flowers then masked them off and sprayed the background with slimmer mist to give extra pop.
Finished card. Use Sizzix textile EF, and snippets of teal to mount the squar-ish flower pieces. Couple of requisite butterflies and pearls and snippet of SU ribbon in gorgeous teal colour.  I actually made this card because of Miss' card a week ago with a stamp of gerbra or daisies too made me look these out!
 
Mm, this image is bit indistinct, sorry - however it's a bit of a flop at stencil work with Gilding flakes. Butterfly is MB Vivienne in teal snippet. Greeting is formatted digi image.
I do love the card in spite of the poor stenciling.. if you want to see a real pro with this, see Loll's card.. this was my inspiration!! brilliant, eh?
(1. think my fine MB stencil is part of issue possibly and 2. glue or method of glue application is different.
I
am going to ask Loll how *she applied it and what glue she used. *Loll used a sponge lightly - I used a brush, but not sure on glue yet)

This is my first effort with flakes, have had them for six months but been hesitant to use them.

Think jumped in at deep end with them, perhaps :D
Bottom of card had one of ODB Beautiful borders embossed on it it for more texture but am tempted to add the border itself die cut instead, not sure.. side panels are embossed with Swiss dots EF for more texture again!
To the Aussie shots as wont be blogging again this week:
This is a mystery plant seen again on our icecream drive, on a Friday this week, not Sunday! Suspect it is an exotic plant and not a native. These were truly Christmas like, deep red and velvety. Looked in vain online for an idea??
In the centre of this photo below, in the distance, is this pelican and yellow warning sign floating. Warning boaties of troublesome sea weeds growing under surface of water, would clog any propeller.
 This is looking west to the Great Dividing range.. over that line of distant hills is the mountain range. A gorgeous autumnal day downunder!
I want to apologise first of all am behind in commenting...
God willing, I will catch up later this week but trying to take a wee bloggie break for a week so maybe not till next week if I run out of time, however for each of your comments is truly appreciated. 

Well, I'm delighted to welcome a new wonderful encourager ..
Lesley of Grenouille Greetings
You will learn much from this clever crafter.. a pleasure to visit..
Thanks so very much for popping over! 
Please say hi - to let me know you've been by!

Shaz in Oz.x 

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”  John 15:13

23 comments:

Liz said...

Three gorgeous cards - you HAVE been busy! Love all the texture on the Christmas card. The two butterfly cards looks so fresh with the teal against the white background.

Visiting your blog today with my Rudolph Days DT hat on. :-) Liz xx

Barb said...

Three lovely cards Shaz. You've certainly been busy. I couldn't choose a favourite. Barbxx

Di said...

LOVE your cards Shaz - and like Barb I couldn't pick a favourite - although I do love the snippets card you chose to link possibly the very most :)

If you're trying to improve the back, I do recommend adjusting seat height for example - as I mentioned to you in email, mine's improved loads.

Great to see you in the Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

All your three cards are so pretty! My preferred is the last one, love the match of teal colour, white and the gold of the Gilding Flakes!! Great stenciled background!
Sorry for the victims of the fire, prayers for them.
Lovely photos, and the first one with the mysterious plant remember me the litchees, a japanese fruit that in Italy is selling at Christmas time.
Very beautiful plant, anyway!

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Fantastic cards and love your photos - bit cold here today. But was beautiful and sunny yesterday.

crafty hugs Pen x

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely Christmas card, red and gold are always perfect together, your blue flowers are so lovely, like the sponging around them too! I think your stencil card turned out very pretty! Lovely pictures, looks like you are enjoying some good days out!! Have a great week!

Stephanie said...

Sweet Shaz, it's always a delight to visit your blog. How I love seeing your card creations and these that you have recently made are stunning!

May you have a beautiful and joyous week. Hugs!

Kath said...

Lovely cards - and great photos too. Thank you for joining in the fun at the Rudolph Day challenge.
Kath x
Rulolph Day DT

LesleyG said...

Wow, you have been busy! love 'em all, particularly the gilding flakes, which I never get out to play with much, so thanks for the nudge. Now I am wondering what an ice cream drive is?! Don't fret about the commenting, we all lapse sometimes......never enough hours in the day! xxx

Mrs A. said...

I love both of the teal/texture/butterfly cards that you made. you may have been a tad disappointed in your gilding flakes card but it is still vey much texture and looks great. Thankyou for fluttering by and playing just for fun. I do appreciate your stopping by. Hugs Mrs A.

mamapez5 said...

I like all your cards, especially the teal butterflies.
I have been making Anzac biscuits for years. They are a firm favourite at after church coffee break. But I never knew that is what the letters stand for! Kate x

Kathleen said...

Three wonderful cards and some fabulous photo's and thank you for saying how the word ANZAC came about, I was wondering.

Kath x

Betsy said...

All beautiful cards today Shaz! I think the butterfly is my favorite today. Love the Aussie shots of the day. So very pretty. Enjoy your week my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Berina RGA said...

Wow!! Gorgeous cards, Shaz!! Love the Christmas card!! Very beautiful!! The butterfly teal card is awesome!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Shaz - love the two teal ones, and the gilded one in particular - you are so talented
Blessings
Maxine

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous cards....and I love your beautiful photos!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

OOh! Love those butterfly cards. Is it still teal and texture? I'm always hopelessly behind on those challenges. I still have a partially made mint one and fuchsia parts out on my desk. LOL!

I really came by to see your Rudolph card, but I'm easily distracted!

Pia S said...

Beautiful creations and photos! I especially noticed the card with the little panels of stamped flowers and your effective coloring of the white space around the images. Classy!

CherylQuilts said...

Ah, yes, precious Shaz, another friend from Australia posted a card in remembrance of ANZAC Day, and what a sad day for so many. May we never forget the sacrifices made in behalf of our freedoms here and in Australia and in Europe/UK. So many lost. Oh, what a joy to know that our Father has for us a place where there will be no more tears and wars. I love the beautiful cards you've made, dear Shaz, and what an interesting and beautiful plant. And I always delight at the beautiful photos of places where you live. They are gorgeous! I'm glad you are taking a little break. We all need that from time to time. Rest, my friend, and we'll be here! Hugs and love! xoxo

Sally H said...

Gorgeous cards, Shaz! Happy Rudolf day! Lovely photos too

MaryH said...

Some gorgeous cards here, Shaz, and I was pleased with myself at recognizing the lovely embossing on #1's background. What a lovely, lovely card you have made, with the wonderfully perfect verse. Also loving #2 with the teal butterflies - and as always enjoy the pictures of the beautiful surroundings where you live. Had to sympathesize with the flakes effort. I had my 1st try recently, and can't say I covered myself with glory. But like you, I'd had the product for a while, NBUS, and Loll inspired me. I think the background you have created with the gold flakes is really pretty with the delicate teal of the butterfly. I'm also liking the design treatments on the layout of this card too. Very pretty. Hooray for you at all this creative effort - take a big bow!!! TFS & Hugs

Kimbo said...

Beautiful cards Shaz, I love them all but particularly the butterly on the flakes - very effective

Thanks for entering the Butterfly challenge this time, Kim guest DT x

Aileen said...

Beautiful cards Shaz, I rather love that butterfly one, the flakes look wonderful behind the butterfly, love the mix of colours. And your blending on the three flower card so beautiful. Love them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...