Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 24 March 2017

It's Happy Smiles Day over at Annie's 😊

WOYWW post below... see HERE, folks.

If this iPad will play ball I will post a quick post for Annie's smiles..Over here 😊
I had some visitors a few weeks back, two different lots, and we had the best of fun..

Today, I'm sharing some of the pickies. 'Cos it's summer here or it was then, when we went swimming.
Has turned a bit cooler since then, but still went swimming this week.
And here it is!!
It is a very large rock pool, naturally formed in part and added to by man. We swam in it, on our beach holidays as children.
It was built in early 1960's, I think it said on the sign.
We had so much fun - it very deep at the deep end but shallow closest to us, there is natural rock platform for diving off too.
I do hope you enjoyed the pickies .. I also have another swimming place, which I swam at this week, on my WOYWW post below this.
Thanks for popping over for some smiles, please do say hi to let me know you've been by.
God bless and keep you throughout all your way.
Shaz in Oz.x

"I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me..The LORD is on my side; I will not fear:  It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Ps 118:5 & 8

17 comments:

Annie said...

That's what I call a rock pool and a half....it's stunning. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Annie x

craftyani said...

Remember when my daughter was little and we used to go somewhere like this in the UK she used to call it the sea with no sand.
Memories for mother's day I think.

Betsy said...

Such a beautiful place to be able to swim. We swim in our lake during the warm months and there are some hot springs within a few hours of our city. Thank you for sharing with us. It gives hope that warmth is really still out there somewhere! :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Barb said...

That is some big rock pool. I'm sure you have many happy memories of this beautiful place. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

JoZart Designs said...

Lovely to go back to special childhood haunts and relive your memories. Great pics of super places.
Thanks for popping by and for your comment Shaz. It's been a really stressful period for me and despite my own health problems I am committed to helping a friend who has no family to support her through illness. thankfully she is in a good respite home now until she can cope in her own home but I think it will be a while yet.
Lots of love from Jo x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing place for swimming and surely perfect for kids!! Such a fabulous sea you have!! :)

mamapez5 said...

That's not quite what I think of as a rock pool, but it looks very inviting. I am looking forward to a bit warmer days so we can swim again. I've never heard of your cungy-boy but it sounds a bit like our limpits. It is all very beautiful around you anyway. Hope you get a few more swims in before it gets too cold. Kate x

Joanne said...

you lucky girl, I would so love to be able to go swimming and have that beautiful seaside near me. On the other hand our weather is getting warmer now as spring is here and the days are longer. Big hugs from France, Joanne

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow that is neat, I like the idea that there is stairs down to it also, glad you had a good time with your visitors :)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, sorry I'm a bit late as I've been out all day today and busy yesterday but had to stop by and thank you for the visit. The weather here is just starting to improve though you never know with the UK. Your photos are lovely. Bet you had a great time, always nice to spend time with friends. Have a lovely weekend too, Angela xXx

Anne said...

Me want to be where you are.....sigh! xxx

Marilyn Mathis said...

Sure looks inviting. One day hot, 89 degrees and the next day not here. Thanks for the pics. Hugs

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful place to swim Shaz, and some gorgeous photos
Blessings
Maxine

Pia S said...

Wish I was there... but I'm not going to complain, I'm heading off for a vacation with my mum, sister and her three young boys this Friday, swimming, sun and relaxation on Lanzarote....

Brenda said...

Wow, I am loving that rock pool!!! It looks like a fun place to swim. Do the sea critters get in it?? So happy to have my email notification once again, I hate when I miss posts, especially ones like this one! I'm glad you enjoyed your company both times Sharon!! It's a good thing to enjoy good friends. Hugs, Brenda

Berina RGA said...

Wow! These look lovely!! Glad you had fun!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely photos, Shaz, guaranteed to make me smile. We're just going into summer as you are going into winter but I'll bet the temperatures aren't so different at the moment. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...