Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 26 April 2017

ANZAC + WOYWW + Scrappy Mo's Christmas Challenge

hi there one and all, a very quick post today.. as yesterday was ANZAC Day (Australia New Zealand Army Corps) here and in NZ, I thought i would share a photo of four paintings by Thomas (7) and Emily (5). I was really impressed with them, but maybe a tad biased.
ANZAC Day is from WW1 In 1915 on Sunday, 25th April the Australia New Zealand Army Corps landed in Gallipoli, Turkey. Here we achieved nationhood in bloodbath of fighting, the like of which has never been forgotten by both nations.
Lest we forget. Ever so grateful for all brave ones who fight for nations freedom.
Okay, everyone .. as it after 25th, we know that means Rudolph day! so here I am this morning going through my pre-prepared stash of Christmas items. Cards images from last year, background and sentiments done to chose just what!!?? I was going to make. on left is almost finished card with brusho resit tag on it. Aimed to print out some Romanian greetings for it.. which you can see below too add to it.
I hope to make a dozen cards for missionary in Romania. She told me what Bible text they use and said of the greeting which I sent her suited. I researched some Romanian embroidery images as thought the ladies might like these. added greetings to them and will die cut them all.
This was piece I decided to go with (made last year), + one of the print out of Bible verses on desk also.Made with CB large EF from Winter Wonderland set, added to top of folder Versamark then clear embossed and heat set.Used Watercolour paper, and sprinkled brushos over it Cobalt and Rose Red).

Didn't add much, verse is by Karen of WAW, bought from her on Etsy. The Snowflakes from RosA (thank YOU!) and Memory Box I think.Sliver thread on bottom, the piece was given to me, ages ag- finally made it to a card.
Now to the Aussie photos -
Eastern Yellow Robin
at Campsite at Scotts Head last month.
Gold Coast, Qld. from highest tower, Q2. Cant get over how it has grown from when we went there when young, too big for my liking now.
Taken this evening on my walk - I wish you could've been there! Too many to share now, so much beauty of God's creation. Truly "the heavens declare the glory of God".. Psalm 19:1

May God bless your day everyone.. where every you maybe, and thanks so much for popping over for a peek and chat, you really do cheer my heart!
Shaz in Oz.x
 Verse of day is in honour of those who gave their all for us:
 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Joining up with: 
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/ 
2.  Rudolph day challenge over at Scrappy Mo's

30 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, first off, lovely scenic photos- I much prefer the nature view to the huge city too! Love the card using Versamark & Brusho's, been playing with them again this week too. Will post them up soon. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #1 XxXx

Annie said...

I'm loving all your cards today. Looks like we've both been busy. My room has been filled with fabric fun this morning on every surface.....and then I had two customers! So now I have to make room to do their sewing first. I'm not complaining though cos that's what pays the bills .
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Christine said...

Congrats to the children on such lovely artwork.
Love that Eastern Robin photo - we have a nesting couple (plain old red breasted ones)in our garden and they have had two chicks.
Take care
Christine #19

laurie said...

So pretty!Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players...so glad you joined us!

Betsy said...

I have never heard of Anzac day. Thank you for telling us about it. Your cards are wonderful. My husband used to go to Romania on business a lot. He always took suitcases full of children's aspirin and other things that they needed at the orphanage when he went. I love the cards that you're making for the missionaries there. So beautiful. Blessings always my sweet sister.Betsy

Helen said...

Loving the Aussie photos! your work for the missionary in Romania is fabulous
thanks for stopping by.
Helen #2

Sharon said...

Looks like a lovely evening walk - fantastic views!

Wonderful paintings. They are very nice. I love the makings of your cards especially the one I see with the trees and the moon - beautiful!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #29

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous photos!
Well, I've learnt something today - sadly, I thought that ANZAC just were a type of poppy!
Have a Wonderful Wednesday
Bubbles #32
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/woyww-412.html

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, sentiments in Romanian has to be a first on WOYWW!! What a thoughtful thing to do :-D I love the cards, the colours on the snowflake ones are so pretty as are your lovely photos of Oz nature!
Hugs, LLJ 4 xx

Kathleen said...

Great Anzacs cards.
Really beautiful RD cards, the backgrounds are stunning.

Kath x

BożenA said...

Beautiful! I see a lot of your heart in it :-) Beautiful ...
Hugs,
BożenA

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous photographs. Although I only know a little about the ANZACs it is remembered in the UK and we usually find ANZAC biscuits for sale in the shops about now. Looks like your desk is pretty busy today too. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great week and a happy woyww, Angela x7x

Unknown said...

I love your scenic photos but I, too, am not excited about big cities. Looks like you've been very busy and those images of Romanian embroidery is gorgeous! Hope you have a great week!
Carol N #31

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Well done to the kids!! :) And also to you, that are so busy with cards for missions and Christmas! Great use of the snowflake card, so sweet and vibrant!
Lovely photos, expecially those of nature...
Hugs

Lindart said...

The ANZAC paintings are wonderful! You have some talented children there! The snowflake card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #34

Liz said...

Thomas and Emily are very talented artists - what wonderful paintings!
I enjoyed reading about your Romanian images and text. It reminded me of our visit to Romania about 15 years ago. My daughter was working as a volunteer at the time, for about 4 months, in a Romanian orphanage and my hubby and I went out to spend a few days there. As the children were encouraged to do crafts, we took two huge suitcases full of craft supplies, so heavy we could hardly lift them. How we managed to get them on the plane without paying for excess baggage, I'll never know!
TFS your Aussie photos, I especially love the last one, it looks so peaceful there.
I'm visiting your blog today with my Rudolph Days Guest Designer's hat on. Thank you for joining in the challenge this month wth your beautiful card. Good luck! xx

April said...

Such a lovely card. And great pictures of the birdie, the city and the lovely sunset.
April #28

buterfliecrafter said...

yesterday I saw on the news a deligation from NZ bringing tribute in Ieper under 'de Menenpoort', normally it is very subdued but this time it was very impressive with the traditional haka.happy WOYWW, Vicky #5

sandra de said...

I prefer your little spot to the Gold Coast any day. Stunning cards... we have all been recipients of RosA diecuts. Have a great week.
sandra de @22

Neet said...

Two very talented youngsters if they can paint like that at such an early age. Did they draw the pictures too? Wonderful, I am impressed.
I love the picture taken on your evening walk - so peaceful and tranquil, just what I needed to see today.
Lovely work, as always, on show for us Shaz.
Blessings, Neet 6 xx

loz said...

Beautiful painting from Thomas and Emily. Gorgeous christmas card Shaz..Loz

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful paintings by Thomas and Emily. I love your cards. The Romanian embroidery image looks very beautiful.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Conniecrafter said...

You have a great idea for the cards for the missionaries. Love your brusho background, such a pretty style of font on the verse and pretty framing of it too!
That robin is just the sweetest!! I am not really into big cities at all myself, it amazes me but much rather be in a small town :) Wow your evening walk was just beautiful, you captured the reflection on the water beautifully!

scrappymo! said...

Your card is so beautiful! that background is stunning and the verse looks wonderful on it. I am sure your cards will be so appreciated. You do so many kind works...I am in awe of you!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!
Monica - CCC DT

serendipity said...

Lovely Romanian cards, I bet all the research you have done will be appreciated.
Also loving the brushos card. I've been using mine recently too. I finally got round to making a card with Brushos and the dragonfly die which we both have. (Haven't blogged it yet though). Great photos x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! I love the embossed background!
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Shaz the snowflake card looks stunning ...so beautifully you have used it on the card
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

Shoshi said...

Shaz, what a moving tribute for Anzac Day. I loved reading about it. The kids' drawings are so touching! Also, your Romanian cards struck a real cord with me because my hubby was involved with charity work in Romania for many years and has quite a few Romanian friends, and has learnt quite a bit of the language. He translated the texts you've chosen for your cards. The embroidery is so familiar to me, too, because between us we've got a lot of Romanian textiles. I went with him once (in 2003) for the wedding of the son of a friend of his and we visited some fabulous ethnic museums and I took over 600 photos on that trip! I love the style of their textiles and buildings and the people themselves were so friendly and giving, and showed amazing spirit after spending so many years under brutal dictatorship. We have heard many stories of true Christian martyrdom. I know that your beautiful cards will bring a real blessing to the people in Romania.

Thank you for your lovely comment and kind words. It's been rather a frustrating week and as a result I am suffering the consequences and getting ME payback and having to rest a lot - on top of quite a bit of busyness, so it's doubtful I shall make WOYWW tomorrow.

Have a great week, and may God bless you richly!
Shoshi x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...