Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 19 April 2017

Snippety Penny Black Baby Card + WOYWW

hi there one and all, a very quick post today..
Finished a card for posting today last night and there are a few hints on my desk, which I did clear last night. Am really happy (s'cuse pun), with my Elizabeth Craft happy birthday die. I had larger one, but find this smaller one bought on 40% off sale is very handy...  a snippet of brayered brusho was cut with it but not used. Other die , SB rectangle die was used not put away, requisite scissors there, plus assorted glues which live on that part of the desk. Drawer set, with top drawer open, which often is when working as use lots in it. Monkeys say hi.. and took it at 12.30pm at lunchtime today, according to clock. Bedtime now here, so wont rattle on.
Have lots of cards to share, all sympathy ones, but not time .. here is one made in hurry about ten days ago! 
Used a pre-stamped (ages ago) Penny Black stamp - hedgie baby image, quickly coloured it with my Tombows. Used Spellbinder to die cut it and chalks to colour it softly around image; also used SU discontinued greeting set for "Happy new baby". Was a baby shower and sex of new arrival not known. Lemon gingham DP embossed with CB baby folder.
 To the Aussie shots - taken over Easter break from family's verandah.. we are very very blessed, in this part of God's beautiful world! The surfers were out enjoying it too.. love the way the clouds are so pretty on skyline at this autumnal time of year.


Well that's it for me today, thanks so very much for popping over for a peek and chat, your comments mean a lot to me. So sorry, but am struggling to keep up with commenting at the moment.. but thank you none the less.
 You are so very much appreciated. ❤❤❤
Shaz in Oz.x
PS I've a really great technique I've explored below .. using dies as a mask.. with gilding flakes, or see here.
 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me."  Galations 2:20

Joining up with: 

33 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

That is such a useful CB embossing folder. I hadn't thought of embossing gingham card before. It's come out really well. You certainly live in a beautiful part of the world. Fabulous views. Sarah #11

Annie said...

I love your latest card. Your views are really stunning....you really are blessed.
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x # 19

Valerija said...

This is such a cute card. Love the sweet image.
Valerija xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, nice to see you ! Love the hedgehog card, so sweet. I agree, a sentiment in different sizes is always useful, sometimes they are just too big and swamp the card. Glorious scenery, as always. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #15 XxX

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Shaz, it's just lovely to see you desking, please don't worry about not returning comments, we understand :-). That card is so sweet, I love it..sorry to hear you've had so many sympathy cards to do though. The views of the beach are glorious, I have to say that the weather here really has been as good. Blue skies and sunshine, we've been on the beach a lot too!
Hugs, LLJ 1 xxx

brenda said...

First of all Shaz, never ever aplogise for lack of visits or comments, I know only too well what a struggle it is at times and it's just lovely when you cane make it over to me.

It's an adorable new baby card with the hedgie hanging in his hammock among the blossoms and lovely for our themes at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More, thank you so much for joining in.

And of course I love your photos of the waves, my surfing boy Eliot will be here tomorrow so I will be showing him waves across the ocean.

B x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That baby card is so adorable, it is perfect!

I love your lovely beach views! Thanks for sharing them!!

Di said...

What a lovely card Shaz! Love the idea of the embossing - clever you. And the PB stamped image is just so, so cute! I wonder if we'll have baby hedgies in the garden again this year - we sure have a few visiting already! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Me again, i forgot to say that I did giggle about you dilly dallying over the Playground prize. You're as bad as me! Have put you down for the whole bundle if your number is chosen :)

Hugs

Di xx

lisa said...

Your baby card is just so cute Shaz, you've been busy again and thank you for the gorgeous beach photos. I look forward to seeing them each week. It would be wonderful if our autumn days looked like that.
Have a good week.
Hugs Lisax #12

Betsy said...

What a sweet little baby card. I love the blue, blue sky in your Aussie shots. We're having a week of rain, but it is almost 60° today for the first time this year. Have a lovely day my sweet sister.
Blessings, Betsy

Bubbles said...

Such a cute card - and the embossing behind the image is really lovely!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Bubbles #27

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable sweet baby card!! love the cute image and the delicate colour scheme!! Amazing embossed background too!!
Here for me now is bedtime, I have to close my pc! :) Hugs

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You might have made the card in a hurry but it's still gorgeous. Happy crafty week and wishing you a lovely woyww, Angela x16x

Helen said...

great baby card! love the views - stunning! visit when you can, we're here for you. Helen #3

Cara said...

Your new baby card is just adorable. Love your photos too. Cara x

sandra de said...

Such a sweet little baby card .... just perfect. Your view is stunning.
sandra de @10

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, hope you are feeling well, I've been offline for a bit just catching up with everyone now. I love your sweet little hedgie card, so cute. I was over at the playground earlier and had a laugh... if you win the prize part of it will be flying back here. I picked up the butterfly stamps from Spotlight. Hope you have a great weekend... Megan

Neet said...

Indeed you are so blessed with those views. But then, so are we, as you share them with us and they cheer us no end dear Shaz.
Your card for the new baby is so cute, those hedgies make wonderful cards don't they.
Hope all is well with you and the family.
Blessings, Neet xx

Lindart said...

Lovely Baby Card! I love those hedgehogs! What a glorious view from the balcony! I could sit there and watch surfers all day long! Glad you had a nice Easter! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #35

Kim Heggins said...

Adorable baby card...your images are as sweet as can be. Love your photos, so beautiful.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card and a great stamp used too. I love the photos too.

Sue xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

You can't go wrong with a PB hedgie hog! I love how the quills stick out of his receiving blanket.

Kelly said...

Hi Shaz. Thanks for your visit this week. Was lovely to see you. Your pictures are beautiful. Looks so relaxing. Baby card is adorable! Hope your week is awesome. Creative Blessings! Kelly #29

loz said...

Adorable card Shaz..Loz

Brenda in IN said...

This is a sweet baby card with such a cute image. I love the embossing folder. Your scenic pictures are always so soothing. What a view to look out on every day.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is just the sweetest little image, such a great embossing folder to go with it.
Beautiful Easter day you had, love all that Blue!!

Brenda said...

Your card is so adorable and sweet! I love the beautiful pictures, it looks like your fall weather is pretty nice right now. Yes, you are indeed blessed to live where you do. But I feel like God's world is so beautiful everywhere and that we are all blessed. Hugs, Brenda

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, sweet Shaz, what a darling baby card! I just love the sweet embossing folder too for such great texture. And wow, you live in one of the more beautiful places God created, and I just love seeing the ocean. It's a joy when I drive along one of the roads that I can see the Atlantic Ocean, and its beauty is amazing! And heaven will be even more beautiful, and we shall see Him...and live forever with Him in heaven! Praise God! Much love! xoxo

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful card. I love the cute baby hedgie. Beautiful beach pics.

Mrs A. said...

Pictures by Thomas and Emily are brilliant. You have the right to be biased. The pierced die I used on my card is great as it is a full 12" in length. hugs Mrs A.

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

susiestacey said...

Adorable card, sweet stamp.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Spring' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...