Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 21 June 2017

Sympathy Cards, Snippets Butterflies + WOYWW

Hi everyone! ... Well guess what? .... 'tis Wednesday, AGAIN! June is flying by!
Here's my desky share for WOYWW or What is on your Workdesk Wednesday!
Multiple  desks to see today, warning + photo overload!
My desk this morning - just done some background stamping, with white embossing powder. Have two lots one small, one large - the latter is Hero Arts White, bought after watching Jennifer McGuire, noticed last night Kristina Werner is still recommending it. I dont like it because it bubbles. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, never had EP like this before. I bought the WOW Opaque bright white super fine and love it!
Tip: Re image below - most of background stamps dont stick as they should. So thought would try Mono-multi Liquid (tacky) glue, it is repositionable once dry, AND works a treat.
After drying in sun these are the finished brusho pieces, the Hero Arts Dandelion Frame works well with them. L To R 1. Violet, Purple + Sea Green 2. Crimson, Violet, Sea-Green 3.Blue - Prussian + Cobalt.
I am  fan of Heather Thompson, she's on DTr at Foiled Fox. Their latest challenge has emboss resist .. if get these done will share in that!
These next seven cards were done for my cousins and aunts family when she passed away in April. Didn't have time to post so sharing now. Used butterflies + white card .. lots of it! Bits of brusho pieces were die cut to highlight, added various dry embossing. Sympathy set is by Inspired By stamping - great value set and very useful!





Card - for Butterfly Challenge (bingo + Colour Heather) with large 5 x 7 EF, has flowers swirls and butterflies, pearls added on it.
Aussie shot today our local beach about ten days ago.. surf's up and yes, some were catching some waves out there! that's why the lifesaver has his eyes on them and vehicle, etc at ready.
Well, I'm delighted to welcome new wonderful encourager - a fellow Aussie ... http://alittlebitofkellie.blogspot.com.au/
 May God bless your day, wherever you may be, and a very happy WOYWW!
Shaz in Oz.x  

"Blessed [is] the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is." Jeremiah 17:7

Joining up to the following:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes both cards  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/
Yes, all cards used snippets! surprise! ;)
3. http://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/80-butterflies-b-is-for-bingo-lines.html NBingo &colour heather - Mauve butterfly embossed card  - colour + Bingo line Bling, butterfly and bloom (embossed flowers on folder.
4 http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-emboss/ all seven cards have wet embossed greetings plus many have dry embossing as well.

39 comments:

LilArtsyWoman said...

This is a wonderful set of beautiful cards. I love the effect of the Brusho.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Those are beautiful sympathy cards, Shaz - the butterflies are perfect for them! Is it because they are so ephemeral and remind us that so are we? I didn't understand the technical lingo about the products but I'm glad you ended up with something that works for you!
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Beautiful sympathy cards; just a splash of colour and the sentiments are perfect. I use the Cosmic Shimmer Detail bright white embossing powder and love it. Happy WOYWW Sarah #28

Jan said...

Great WOYWW. Thanks for sharing xx Jan 31

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, I totally agree with you about the WOW! Embossing Powder. Lovely to use, and the whitest of white powders I've ever tried Love all the cards, so gorgeous.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 XxX

Diana Taylor said...

The Brushos look great against the white embossing - lovely effect, and that is such a lovely stamp too. I find those shiny stamps never stick to the block so I always pull them apart and attach the rubber to EZMount - of course you don't get the image on the back then, but I don't mind that.
I love the beautiful cards you made,lovely words.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana #23 x

Neet said...

Butterflies always seem right for that type of card but these are even better than 'right' - the Brusho card you have done makes them really stand out from the crowd. Very fitting cards and beautifully executed.
Must try the WOW White as I find several EP's do tend to have a bubble look about them and more heating results in scorching.
Thanks for the wishes - you have a glorious week ahead.
Blessings, Neet xx

Dorlene Durham said...

Beautiful cards. I always have a hard time with sympathy cards and yours are so pretty. Love the photo of the beach as well. Catching waves...are you a surfer? Love it! Dorlene #38

loz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
loz said...

Beautiful set of cards for a sad occasion Shaz..loz

lisa said...

Brushos are brilliant aren't they. I've been using them a lot lately. I love how you've die cut them to make some very striking cards.
Love the Aussie shot, especially that big sky!!
No we don't have The Tour this time, but we'll still be watching it. The day it came seems like yesterday, people still talk about it.
Enjoy your week
Hugs Lisax #21

Shoshi said...

Beautiful cards, Shaz, and my goodness haven't you been busy? You are very productive! Love the Aussie shot - a beach like that would not be so deserted here in the UK... but then I was forgetting, it's winter where you are, isn't it!! Thank you so much for your prayers. I have been asking the Lord to send us the right pair of new kittens and I am sure He has exactly the right ones for us hidden up His sleeve and they will come at the right time. I'm sorry to hear about Snooksy too. Having photos of them is so important, isn't it. I'm so glad you like my Infusions pages. Once this heat eases up a bit and I've also caught up with various things, I'm looking forward to some more studio time and getting that project finished.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #26

Helen said...

those are perfect sympathy cards, such a tricky subject to get right. Love the beach shot. thanks for stopping by. hopefully things are cooling down here after today - cannot wait! Helen #8

ToadilyDiane said...

Your backgrounds are so pretty. I love your cards. They look so elegant- rich white and a touch of color. Beautiful!

Have a great day!
Diane F #27

Cara said...

Oh gosh, so many fabulous creations! Your sympathy cards are beautiful and I'm sure they gave so much comfort to the recipients x

Lindart said...

Hi Shaz, sorry to have missed you last week, you left such a nice comment! You asked about my index cards - they are numbered because I am making 100 of them! A one-a-day project that is now becoming a habit - what will I do when I reach 100? LOL! Your sympathy cards are beautiful! I do love butterflies on sympathy cards. I also love the Mono glue, I have run out of it, and no one at Michael's seems to remember selling it - there is so much staff turnover there! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #41

505whimsygirl said...

Hello Shaz,

The sympathy cards you made are beautiful. I love the wording fonts. I'm sure those that received them are touched by your thoughtfulness.

Yikes! I fixed my link and it's now going to the correct post. I had scheduled the post and I must have done it wrong. When I linked up it wasn't "live" so it went to the old one..... Can't wait to retire so I can have more time!!

The Aussie shot is beautiful!!

Happy WOYWW
Kay (2)

Betsy said...

Shaz, you did such a beautiful job on those cards. The butterflies are perfect. We finally have some warm weather here and we have skiers out on the lake where you have surfers in the ocean! Beautiful.
Thank you for all of your prayers. My back is better today than yesterday and I'm thankful for each day I have that is a little better than the last. Have a lovely day my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful cards. All so special and the words so perfect for the sad occasion they were needed for. The last one is certainly my favourite. Thank you for fluttering by my bingo challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

May said...

Beautiful cards, The design is perfect Love the butterflies... Have a good week ahead... May #21

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. Beautiful cards. You put so much effort into your crafting. I am strictly 'quick and simple' now! Lovely beach scene. I have actually avoided our local beaches through this recent heatwave - they get so crowded and I hate all the litter left behind. Ali x #30

Carmen said...

I keep seeing Brusho mentioned but never tried it - I love the effect you've achieved. Beautiful

Have a lovely week :)

Carmen x #32

Di said...

Wonderful batch of cards Shaz! And you really have the art of using Brushos sorted!

Thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Cheetarah said...

Such beautiful cards! I also enjoy using embossing resist technique on my projects :) Happy rest of the week! WOYWW xo Cheetarah #36

Anne said...

Lovely cards and interesting brusho panels! I've managed to have a little play with mine, just looking forward to when I can get a real play day! Thanks for the tip re: white embossing powder, I am looking for a good white one. I shall see if I can find a supplier of WOW EP. Thanks for your sper post mon amie, bravo on such beautiful cards! xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I've decided that background stamps, MISTIs, sprays and the like are for people who like to putter around and experiment and have time to do so (which is why they don't appeal to me). I do enjoy seeing the process of playing from others though. My first thought was along the lines of HOLY WOW! THAT IS A HUGE STAMP. And indeed it is. It seems you are enjoying it.

Great sympathy cards too. I like that they are coordinated by not matching. Very well done.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Wow Shaz, so busy. Loving the backgrounds you've done. Have a great crafty belated woyww, Angela x22x

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what an incredible collection of beautiful cards!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Shaz - I love your use of brushos - I have just had my first play and am loving them too.
Your sympathy cards are outstanding
Blessings
Maxine
p.s. I love seeing some of the tools etc that I use on other crafters desks :-)

sharon said...

It looks like you have had a busy week playing around!
Your sympathy cards are lovely, the butterfies work beautifully.
Great to see the surf.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
sharon :)

Jo Ann said...

Wonderful creations! Thanks for joining us here at WORD ART WEDNESDAY. We hope you will join us again soon. Leaving you with the inspiration found in Philippians 4:13 (KJV) which says: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Conniecrafter said...

That post about the glue reminds me I bought tack it over glue that I was hoping would work for that and I don't think I ever tried it.
The cards for your cousins are so lovely and all so different and unique!
Wow that does look like some good waves are coming in and love that sky too!
Hope your having a good weekend!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh you have been a busy girl!!

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous collection of cards, love the CAS look and the lovely colours.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How many works! You have been so busy! Lovely embossing resist pieces and fab compilation of CAS's! Love all them!

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards Shaz!! Love the Dandelion border. So pretty colors. The set of CAS sympathy cards are lovely.

Aileen said...

Beautiful collection of butterfly cards, always a reminder that a small butterfly can set off a n embossed background perfectly. Beautiful

Claire said...

Hello there, thank you so much for stopping/following and leaving such lovely comments on my cards, I really do appreciate it. I've just stopped by to follow you and your amazing blog, your work is gorgeous and your photos are stunning of the beautiful part of the world you live in. Take care and once again, big thanks x

Barb said...

Your cards are lovely Shaz. I must work more with my Brushos. Beautiful sentiments. Barbxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...