Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 15 December 2017

Hero Arts Poppy Stamp Set - Bizzy Bec’s Final DT post

Hi there everyone one. Sadly today is my very last post on the DT for Bizzy Bec's.
I’ve been obliged to give it up due to family commitments.
  Another learning curve for me here, this time layering stamps.. 
 Here was my trial run - using Hero arts layering stamps. I've never used layering stamps before, so inked up all shades to chose which inks to us,e and watched a video on it from you tube as well.
 Misti very handy for layering stamps, especially clear ones. Below am working out placement with second card and colours.
Used Lawn Cuts stitched border die to make pattern for background.
 Stamped and embossed greetings in Black Versafine ink from the same stamp set. Background is Hero arts Linen background stamp, could use one from Darkroom door.


Items used:
(A good size stencil for circle pattern, one I used is discontinued).
I really want to say a big thank you to Bec and Karen and the whole team for the blessing and privilege of being part of such a great group.

Thanks, dear friends for popping over too, and especially if you kindly take time to comment! You are really appreciated!
May God bless you in everything wherever you maybe!
Shaz in Oz.x  
Linking up to:   
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au 

20 comments:

Betsy said...

Gorgeous card again Sharon. I sure enjoyed seeing the process of making it. I framed the card you sent me in a shadowbox and I think it is beautiful. I have it on a table right across from my knitting chair where I can see it every time I glance up. Thank you for your sweet comment on my post yesterday. I feel the same way as you do about Santa Claus. He’s nowhere to be found in my Christmas decor except on the top of the little camper someone gave me as a gift. But, I could appreciate the history in that being the same Santa that had visited Pipers daddy and so I included him in the pictures. I hope you’re having a most wonderful day my friend. May God bless you and yours as you prepare in this holiday season.
Blessings, Betsy

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Shaz, your layering is fabulous.
I'm sorry to hear that you are having to step down from the DT due to family commitments - I have given up all of my DT's recently due to a few health issues. I am quite enjoying the freedom of creating just for fun.
Take care.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

LilArtsyWoman said...

These are two beautiful cards and I love how the finish product look.

Claire said...

Two lovely cards and yet so different with a change of colour and background x

brenda said...

Two perfect Floral creations for our 'Clean and Simple' theme at Penny Black and More challenge Shaz and you know me and Poppies, love both colourways, many thanks for joining in.

B x

brenda said...

Me again Shaz, add Stamping Sensations to my last comment.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Shaz what a fabulous pair of cards - love your colour choices, and for a first time with layering stamps, the outcome is stunning. What a great way to make a textured background too, and stretching the ways to use a die
Blessings
Maxine

sandra de said...

These are absolutely beautiful ... poppies are one of my favourite flowers. Thanks for your lovely comments. If I am ever up in the North coast You will definitely get an email and a visit from me. :) Have a lovely christmas.
sandra de @18

Neet said...

Drawn straight away to Poppies, I visited your blog today and saw you had been busy with your Misti. Isn't it a wonderful tool for that layered stamping? I love how you have used your stamps, not slap bang in the centre like I would most likely do. I must take a lesson from this Shaz.
Lovely cards, and don't stretch yourself too much my lovely.
B;essings
Neet xx

Cara said...

Beautiful cards, I love how you carefully worked out the ink combinations, I just stamp and see! Take care x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creations, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love the backgrounds and you did a terrific job using those layered stamps!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous flowers!! Love the ways you layered them! Both your cards are amazing!

sharon said...

Shaz your cards are beautiful, I would love to try the layered stamps.
I hope that you get some quiet time now, sorry to hear that you are leaving Bizzy Bec's team, family does come first.
Hope your having a lovely week.
hugs
sharon :)

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful card Shaz - and the yellow one is just as lovely as well. You cracked that layered stamping for sure.

Your beautiful card arrived here safely and I'm delighted as I totally loved it when you were GD. Len is well impressed too - it sums up the true meaning of Christmas so well.

Hugs

Di xx

Lynne K said...

So beautiful, Shaz! I love both colourways. Layered stamping isn't as easy as one might think, but you have definitely mastered it! Thank you for sharing your stunning cards with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Barb said...

Two lovely cards Shaz and the colour makes them look very different. Barbxx

RosA said...

Hi Shaz
Your colouring on those poppies is lovely!

Craftychris said...

Stunning cards for your last DT post! You will be missed! xxx

Mervi said...

Thank you for sharing your creativity at Penny Black and more!
Happy New Year;-))m

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...