Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 14 February 2018

WOYWW, Engagement Birthday Butterflies

Hi everyone. Been very hot and dry here in summery Oz, fires in some parts. Went swimming yesterday at jetty beach, think might be in order today too.
On left of 1st desk is box to be recovered with the calligraphic gift wrapping paper for the bride's set of gift cards, I've made. Covered already, added two strips of gold washi, it looks great.
 
Setting up desk under best fan in house, too hot in craft room. Don’t have aircon, as usually sea breeze rescues us, but not till later today!
Time  for WOYWW for Workdesk Wednesday over at Julia's place! To my work in various stages of  progress!  Extra bonus is watching the Winter Olympics while crafting. Aussies have won two medals, silver and bronze! Great work considering not much snow here..  I’ve a spate of birthdays this month that’s why I’m really glad we’re not big on Valentine’s Day here. I’m trying to make a male card, should’ve taken a half made image from stash as have them but wanted something different!! This Penny Black Stamp was in my Christmas pressie, a NBUS!
 If it weren’t "Hearts" over at Feb. Two-fer Challenge, I'd have used this stamp. Tried a coloured sky on this.. new to me colours.
 Another desk, below, yesterday was making card using Finetex Gold paints to paint and die cut looks great.


On Monday I posted a card similar to this see HERE!
Also today is  Mrs A’sButterfly #95 challenge - spin wheel with letter P. (She has revamped this year with heaps more options).
This fortnight is P is for Purple + pearls (or pink, peach, paper piecing, and paptterned paper.. lots of P options there!).
As I decided to make a mauve/purple /gold  version for my friend who loves purples, pearls, butterflies and gold.. here ‘tis. For those who didn’t see the Monday post take a peek, as do love this technique for getting coloured embossed stamped greeting with clear embossing powder. Used technique
on this too. This card isn't exactly the same as different butterfly die (SB)..
 Last week my desk showed this card, an Engagement card for a friend’s daughter, she was actually named after me as I’ve known them for many decades.  
So a very special card... her favourite flower is lily of the valley, and colour is soft green. As said last week, the Lily of valley are SB die but I bought Die cuts on eBay and coloured them. Then used two Heart EF on background, both CB but discontinued, Love set and Kimmy Luvs is other, corners are a Marianne die.
Die cut two green die centres from new circle die set (Holly Jolly Nesting die set by Yvonne), using with the largest circle from SB Royal circle. Added coloured and shaped lily of valley flowers with silicone glue. Small bow is a CCD set. Lace gift from friend. Two hearts linked on right are from CB Love set which is die set and folder. "S" and "M" are from CB Olivia alphabet set.
The greeting is computer generated and as it’s glossy card I could wet emboss it. Rub anti static pad over it before printing, when comes out of Inkjet printer, quickly sprinkle embossing powder and heat set.
Now to Aussie shots .. took this photo to send to my sister.. the peach rose "Guitar" is usually apricot.. hot weather has changed the colour!!
This view from Oz this week was taken on our icecream drive this week. I don’t swim at this spot it’s too dangerous, bad rips and currents, however lots of surfers do there were some this day..

Well thanks everyone, for popping over and especially if you take time to say hi.. you do so bless my heart and I pray God’s special blessing upon you in every way. 
Feeling unloved, or simply worn out .. know this, God loves you and knows your sorrows and your joys, look to Him and rejoice in this knowledge,
Prayer Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

41 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, such beautiful cards!!! LOVE them!! They are both so gorgeous and delicate!

Betsy said...

Beautiful as always sweet Shaz. Your weather is too hot and we are waiting on a winter storm,. We’re under a snow warning for the next 18 hours. I just looked at the map and the front of the system seems to be about 15 miles away. It will be here soon. I guess tomorrow I’ll have the snowblower out. So sad. :-( I hope to do some sewing if my back will cooperate.
That is a beautiful plaque and so very true. I hope you have a wonderful day my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Shaz - love the gold leaves over the stencilled background, and the engagements card is so soft and delicate, and so beautifully tailored to the couple.
When you know what to look for, you can see the undertow and rips at that beach!!!
Love your roses - mine have just been decimated by some really heavy winds and rain - and we have more coming from Gita, if the forecasts are correct....
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

Such a pretty creation and a lovely design, the soft greens really pop against the crisp white, many thanks for joining in with our 'Love is in the Air' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Claire said...

Gorgeous photos and a great post!!
Happy WOYWW :)
no. 3

Annie said...

Such pretty cards today Shaz. Your beaches seem to go on for ever and I can rarely see anyone on them....lucky you.
Hugs,
Annie x #18

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Shaz, your post made me feel warmer as it's bitter outside here today. Love your cards, especially the purple/gold combo. Have a great week and hope things are a little cooler for you soon. Sarah #14

Anne said...

Hi Shaz. It is sooooo cold here, just had a snow flurry!!! That beach looks so inviting.
The cards are so beautiful.
I am feeling worn out and a little unloved ( by some , certainly not by DH and close family) so appreciated you verse. Stay cool if you can. Anne x #21

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, those are gorgeous cards - so different and both yet both beautiful. As are the roses, I'm looking forward to our summer and mine blooming again.
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

Neet said...

You do make stunning crds Shaz! I would not know which was my favourite but I do have to say how much I like the engagement card. So delicate and so pretty in white with the touch of green.
Your pictures of the beach tell us how much we are missing the weather you get - not missing because I never experienced it (meaning Australian weather). My little sister is in Tasmania and was waiting on a storm last I heard. I pray she is safe in her little campervan.
Take care my friend - lots of love as alwayjs
Blessings, Neet 2 xx

Anonymous said...

these cards are well and truly stunning,,, so beautiful! The view is amazing as well, I will go now and look at the view again lol,, ahhhh, not a snow flake in sight!

LilArtsyWoman said...

Two very impressive cards. They are both beautiful

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, those are some beautiful cards as always. Love how you used the TH stencil, made a lovely simple card. One to remember. And the PB stamp has turned out stunning. I saw a few You Tube videos using them, they seem to have a range of these scenics. I too sometimes buy die cuts on E-bay, if I think it's something I won't use often enough to justify buying the die. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #15 XxX

Cheetarah said...

Fantastic cards! Love the beach view as well, oh how i long for it. Have a wonderful week! xo Cheetarah #24

Mrs A. said...

A gorgeous selection of cards and I do so love the card you have put in my challenge this week. Thanykou for coming by and spinning the butterfly wheel. Hugs Mrs A. p.s. and for being the first in.

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Shaz, I'm feeling pretty chilly in my craft room today, it's very grey, rainyand windy out. Just thinking of going to put the heating on!! Love your butterfly card - has given me an idea for class next week, it should be mixed media week but I'm not up to prepping either of the projects I had in mind and my ladies didn't seem that bothered when I mentioned it to them. Stencil, ink die cuts - done!! Now, where's that lavender oil...... Thanks for the visit, Cindy #22

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely lovely cards Shaz, and even 'new to you' colours work beautifully in your hands. I'm not a big fan of air con especially since the old brain thing caused me to have dry eye, it's incredibly irritating. But the thought of sea breezes...well, bliss! Hope you're comfy under the fan until then!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I still can’t get over how pretty those Lily of the valley dies are to create a bunch. Perfect card for an engagement. Good idea not to swim where there are riptides! I enjoy that view, though!

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. Lovely cards made, and great Aussie shots! I know I owe you an email - still catching up after being away for the long weekend... Will get round to it soon - sorry!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Lindart said...

Absolutely beautiful engagement card! Wow! You are so wonderful at cardmaking! I remember when I was stamping in the summer heat with no AC, many years ago, I would start to drip on my work and have to stop (sounds so gross, doesn't it?) so I can empathize with you, although I am a little jealous of that heat and beautiful weather! Have a wonderful week,
Lindart #38

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards, but the Lily of Valley is my favourite.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Helen said...

what brilliant cards! love them, especially the splash of green of the leaves against the white card. Have a great week.. Helen #1

Monica said...

Absolutely fabulous cards. And oh that beach, not that I, fair skinned red head (well once upon a time)ever visit a beach but I love photos of beaches. Yesterday I discovered an Australian woman artist/journaler and she lived on the east coat!

Hugs and thanks
monica

Mrs.D said...

Hi Shaz, as always you have pictures of some amazing cards, love the Lily of the valley one.
Sorry you are too hot over there, could you possibly send us some of you heat to warm us up?
Thanks for visiting my desk, and your prayers for our house, we are sure the Lord is in it, but we are getting very frustrated being in limbo.
Bless you
Chris #5

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, the engagement card is absolutely beautiful. So nice to incorporate her favourite flower and colour. Thanks for stopping by earlier. Once I have used the 3D embossing folder I shall let you know how it worked. It was on sale offer, so I really did have to buy it. Have a lovely week Heather xx #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

What a busy lady you've been, gorgeous cards. While you're having that gorgeous weather my friends and I were going walking today but decided against it as it was so cold and windy and by lunch time it poured it down so just a bit different. Have a lovely woyww and happy crafting, Angela x20x

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous post Shaz, love the engagement card, a true gem of a card...big hugs.xx[aNNie]
🐰

okienurse said...

great looking desk and such beautiful cards. It has been so cold here lately I haven't done much cause arthritis is an issue. Love the beach picture...wish I was there! Have a great week. Vickie #39

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, my goodness! I love that card made with the TH mosaic stencil! Wow! Stunning. Lovely Bible verse at the end of your post. I know I am late, but it is still Wednesday here, although after 8:30 pm. #40

Conniecrafter said...

I love the sunset you did with that masculine card. Your lily of the valley's is just gorgeous such pretty framing and background die, beautiful card. I noticed our flowers can change color too, didn't realize it was because of the heat. We are in a moderate drought here too, hope you get some relief soon, I know drought is even harder in the summer.

April said...

Stay cool! I love lily of the valley. It's the flower of my birth month.
April #23

Judith said...

Whoops! sorry I'm a bit late commenting, I'm playing catch up this week! - I love your engagement card so pretty, thank you for playing along at MAWTT this week hugs Judith x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

It's hard for me to imagine your hot weather as it's been exceptionally cold here! But it can't last much longer! Those cards are exquisite - love the simple white background with the pop of colour - very classy! Lovely seascape! Enjoy the rest of your summer - then it will be our turn - although you might be living in one of those climates where it never really gets too cold - in which case I envy you! Thanks for visiting earlier! zsuzsa #9

buterfliecrafter said...

lovely cards and you have many desks, wow. I am not doing the 61 day icad challenge, but I am doing te 365somethings2018 challenge, you create 365 somethings in 2018, it doesn't have to be every single day, I choose icads as they seem to be manageble for me. have a lovely swim today, Vicky

Annie Claxton said...

So strange to think of you in the middle of a hot summer there, when here it is totally brrrrrrr :o) Lots of lovely cards there, I particularly like that sunset coloured sky. Annie C #10

craftyani said...

Your cards are beautiful I could almost smell the lily of the valley one. I have air con but not overkeen much rather have fans, but they do tend to blow away bits when crafting. Ani #17

Cara said...

Beautiful cards, I hope there are some cool breezes reaching you now x

loz said...

Fabulous cards Shaz. it is also soooo HOT here..loz

Dorlene Durham said...

Your cards are beautiful. Glad to see you watching the olympics too. I was surprised when most of my coworkers are not watching. Have a great week. Dorlene #37

Marit said...

Due to an unexpected assignment coming in I'm way late with my visit, ohmy, it's already Wednesday again! But now I'm here, admiring your desk photos. YOu're a busy woman!!! It's kinda odd to read about warm weather while we still have night-frost, grey skies, rain and a chilly wind... I'm longing for Spring! Have a great week! Love from Holland, Marit #19

mamapez5 said...

I popped over from the butterfly challenge. Your card is so pretty. I like the way you have done the background, purple stencil very much. And the lily of the valley engagement card is gorgeous too. Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...