Well, tis time for a Desky share for WOYWW - What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday, over HERE 😁 at Julia's. Today’s post is full of inky fun, and surprise - with new and old techniques.
The design eluded me .. so prayed and waited, and looked around. And there it was. The other cards made up for butterfly challenge with snippets (inky pieces were all snippets) was a batik technique Loll did over here.
Tip: re folds in card to do the batik style, I was too “neat” using my bone folder to make nice neat folds, Loll’s are much better in a random arty style.
Second technique was one saw on email from Splitcoast Stampers and decided for first time in long time to join in. It’s by Chrissie Stokes and is called Double Stamped vellum .. technique here
Tip: Worked out why I had trouble with stamping on the back.
1. I used similar brand ink as Chrissie, but I dutifully cleaned Versamark off before adding green Certainly Celery by SU. If I’d not cleaned it as Chrissie did it would have been easier!
2. plus method of rubbing over large background stamp as on short video, (with a Chucky tool as Gina K calls it), made the imprint much clearer and defined on vellum in both instance. I foolishly used my mini misti and think old way is much better..
Hopefully I’ll remember next time around. Here’s my card, the SB square frame was embossed to frame over SB Marvellous Square background. The verse stamp ( “And God Himself shall be with them .. He shall wipe away all tears from their eyes..”) is a 1990s disc wood mount (see on desk), all items are embossed in WOW Platinum EP, a beautiful colour- need some more. Also some Sympathy cards, so will be making two of these, then have another design in my head for long remnant of double stamped vellum. Hope to extend MFT Peekaboo die!
This show making again the galaxy sky with silver card embossed with CB Clockworks and loads of alcohol. On this card I only needed one layer of ink, as put way more than on first card - made over here for full technique. I made two background as wasn’t happy with first bottom one, overdid ink, will strip with alcohol and start again. Finished card, using Beccy's images Disc Nuts and Bolts Bots:
Lastly a quick card again using MFT window die and a piece of NBUS gold embossed Cardstock, which I bought with Marilyn in Florida, was perfect for this congrats card (Lawn Fawn word die).
Thanks so much for popping over - I really appreciate it so much! I will visit as many as I can, but iPad now blocks all bloggers except those with pop up windows comment boxes.
May God bless you and all whom you love,
Shaz in Oz.x
Thought for the day:
“..and God himself shall be with them..
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow, nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away. Rev 21:3b, 4
This is precious promise to cling to… especially apt for a sympathy card as I used above, not in full on stamp, but put in full inside.
It brings so much comfort to those who know the LORD as their own Saviour that one glorious day - ALL these crooked wrong things in this poor broken world will be made aright.
How I look forward to that day and the reality of this precious promise!
Linking up to the following:
1. NBUS Challenge Never Before Used Schtuff https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2022/08/nbus-challenge-41.html?m=1
2. WAW Word Art Wednesday - http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/ ANYTHING Goes each new card.
3. Butterfly challenge https://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com/2022/08/172-spin-butterfly-wheel-with-f-for.html
4. Snippets Challenge - https://pixiessnippetsplayground.blogspot.com/2022/08/challenge-435.html
5. Allsorts blogspot challenge Anything Goes with option of Rose http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2022/08/week-6901.html