Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 27 April 2022

Foiled - Alcohol Inks + Embossed Foil + WOYWW

 Yes, it’s Wednesday again and popping in with a desky share + cards made of late! Desky share for WOYWW - What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday, over HERE 😁 at Julia's … today is full of inky fun.

My desk this morning - just briefly played with Alcohol Inks on dry embossed silver foiled card (Sizzx chevron 3D)... oh so much fun and came up quickly too, worked out a easy 
technique on it. You don't need the blower this way ...

Lay around colours in locations of choice, put in centre if too bottom half two careful dollops of alcohol.

And then move it by tilting or tipping it around, and an occasional use of a gloved finger to spread it over how you like it. Easy peasy.
These days, make sure I wear gloves, apron and cover desk with scrap paper, for easy clean up.
Here’s some cards to share not done these bases up but here is one from last week, mailed yesterday.
Die by Penny Black - kind gift when I had my heart attack in June 20, from Scrappy Mo - so thank you Mo my new favourite Snippetty die ❤️❤️ you can use a skerrick strip up with it! Less than an inch roughly. The Dienamics rectangle, and Elizabeth Craft design Birthday die.
A quick CAS card of washi paper, scallop border, with disc. stamp, new fav. PB die.
Also was reminded its Scrappy Mo's Rudolph Day Christmas card challenge so quick entry, had these two elements done in Christmas box. Stampendous embossed greeting. EF 3D of carol think is Gemini brand ..
Baby card:
Image from book Beatrix Potter images. SB lattice die, large was used with DP mount, Crafts Too Daisy Lattice EF A4 with pink pearl dits to decorate.
 Celebrate die - Waffle Flower. “It’s a girl!” stamp, PB Hedgie baby set, with baby stats in Kaisercraft labels die.
An Aussie combo shot to end some pretty sunsets.
Not walked as much as not 100%, but this was soo beautiful, have 20sec video if time to watch it, too, link here if missing.
Lord bless everyone thanks so much for popping over esp if you say hi. 
I will do my very best to reciprocate, but sadly cannot comment on embedded comment boxes they block me on iPad.
Prayer hugs, 
Shaz in Oz.Xxx 

Psalm 27:3,5,7-8
 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. 

Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. 
When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
 
The LORD is a constant companion to those Who love Him, and yet He is never far away from a seeking heart too that has not yet trusted in Him.
 
Our Saviour Jesus, our God is only ever a prayer away - but He made us with a free Will to chose Him, or not. 
Praying for you dear ones, you’re all so very precious to Him. 
Joining up to:
1 Word art Wednesday Anything goes! http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/ 
2. Joining with the NBUS Challenge .. three NBUS - Never Before used Schtuff
https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2022/04/nbus-challenge-37.html?m=1  first card and baby card, brand new use of gifted pink pearl drops and the Beatrix Potter images, yay!
3. Scrappy Mo’s Christmas Rudoplh days challenge- link up above πŸ‘† 
4. Allsorts “I spy something beginning with B!” http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2022/04/week-673-i-spy-something-beginning-with.html loads of options! *card 1 BLUE foiled - *card 2 BORDER scallop edge *card 3 BELLS Christmas embossed at top of card - card 4 BABY card. 
5. Christmas card also linked to Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/
6. Designer paper on second and 4th card ( it’s DP scallop die cut) crafty Hazelnuts DP challenge http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com/
7. Penny Black die used on two cards, one and two so linking this up to Penny Blaxk and more challenge where anything gies with option of Easter. http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2022/04/pbsc-april-anything-goesoptional.html

29 comments:

Helen said...

that looks a fun way to use the alcohol inks - mine haven't come out of the drawer for years! I love your cards, as always. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the simplicity of the mirri against the embossed/alcohol ink background Shaz. Great slection of cards and techniques as always. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Neet said...

Another lovely idea from the desk of Shaz with Alcohol Inks used to perfection. You have, as always, some beautiful cards on display. Just love that Beatrix Potter image, I was reading about her the other day when we were up at the caravan, think we need to pay a visit to her house some time this year.
Hope all is well with you my friend, healthwise. Thank you for the beautiful Oz photos and short video.
God Bless, Neet 6 xx

Tracy said...

Gooood morning πŸ€— Shaz, loving the burst of colour on your desk ,the card turned out so beautiful πŸ’•πŸ₯° What a collection of cards,each one so beautiful... adore your Christmas one πŸ’› Loving the photos and watched your video..loooved it!! πŸ€—You take extra care, sending love and gentle hugs your way Tracy #10 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I love popping over to yours as there are always great techniques on the go. Gorgeous cards too. Hope you're keeping well. Happy WOYWW with hugs, Angela x9x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh wow, I LOVE that zingy electric blue green background, it reminds me of enamelled pieces and is my favourite colour ever! It works so brilliantly on that card, you definitely have to do that again! Lovely to see you on the desks today xx
HUgs LLJ 4 xxx

Whisper said...

Ooooo what a stunning embossed section and such a lovely sentiment too, thanks for joining us at April's Rudolph Days Christmas Challenge, Luv Sam x

Twiglet said...

That electric blue/green is stunning - gorgeous cards Shaz and lovely photos. I hope you are well - stay safe. xx Jo

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the effects of the alcohol link on the silver card. Your cards are lovely. May God aid your recovery x Angela #16

Lindart said...

Lovely cards Shaz! My favourite is the Christmas card - looks anything But quick! the baby card is also very cute - I need to make one for me new Grand-nephew! Beautiful sunsets, hope you enjoy your week! Lindart #19

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Shaz, I absolutely LOVE your Alcohol Inks card, such a beauty! I have to keep out mine :)
The japanese look of the second one is amazing too, love those warm colours and the gold heart balloons, the quote and the sweet border in the middle. Very elegant. Also the third is very elegant and the last one looks very sweet and cute!!
Amazing sunset on the seaside, wow!
Prayers and hugs on your way!

Gail said...

Cards are fabulous!
As usual!
Thank you for the sunset pics & video!
Hope you are well!

StampinCarol said...

We had a demo of alcohol inks at stamp club last Saturday. Fascinating! Love your cards! Have a wonderful week!
Carol N #17

Ellibelle said...

Each one of these is so beautifully done with great details and I can see lots of "b"s, perfect for our "I Spy" challenge! Thank you so much for joining in!

Ellibelle said...

Back again, didn't finish my sentence correctly :) That should say "Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge!".

Cynthia said...

Lovely group of cards, Shaz! Gorgeous beach scenes from your homeland. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

brenda said...

Very effective and colourful designs Shaz, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Lillianb said...

Love the cards and the first one is amazing must try that, great kittle video,

Have a great week,

Lilian B #4

Linby said...

Your AI card is so beautiful, I love those colours together. A lovely selection of cards. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

Cathy said...

Hi Shaz, sorry to hear you're not well, hope things improve for you soon :). Your foiled embossed AI card is a stunner, such a cool way to get the effect too, TFS. Your other cards are lovely too, the PB die looks so versatile and I too love the Beatrix Potter image, makes a gorgeous baby card. Take care, Cathy xx

loz said...

Fantastic cards Shaz. Love the technique and colours on the blue one.. Beautiful aussie photos and video...Loz

Kelly said...

Good morning, Shaz.
Lovely cards.That technique sounds fun! Creative Blessings ~Kelly #20

Mervi said...

Fabulous cards!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Pauline C said...

A fabulous selection of cards Shaz. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week for our "Something beginning with 'B'" challenge
Pauline xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely cards as usual Shaz, that’s about the only technique I use with AI now, because it uses up metallic card that I wouldn’t otherwise, and of course, I don’t very often use the inks either, but you’ve given me an idea and I thank you v much for that, will report in if it actually comes to something! Lovely video of the surf and beach, when you have got the strength to wal there, I’m sure you find it most uplifting. You aren’t alone with embedded comment problems, Sylvia too is having them. I work on an iPad (as you prolly know, because I do moan about it!), but so far haven’t experienced any probs. Will ask my guru, obviously a child. Take care of yourself, lovely to see you!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Sorry to Lyn aka Spyder. My fat fingers on mobile accidentally deleted the following comment.πŸ˜•πŸ˜΅

Spyder has left a new comment on your post 'Foiled - Alcohol Inks + Embossed Foil + WOYWW ':

ohooo that does look like fun and such bright shiny colours! Love Beatrix Potter images and that frame you've added it just perfect! Stay safe!
Happy late WOYWW!?
((Lyn))#22

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. I love it. Thank you for sharing the Bible verses. I need them. Have a lovely day my friend.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Crafty in the Med said...

Love the variety of cards Shaz you do have an eye for colour and design!😊. I enjoyed watching your video clip. It certainly looks very peaceful ad enjoyable that walk by the seashore. How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful area. Hope you are feeling better now. Take care. Amanda x

scrappymo! said...

Glad to see you were able to use the die. Your cards all look so pretty. The Rudolph entry looks wonderful with that metallic glimmer over the embossing!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge!

Hope you are keeping well. Al is struggling a bit and getting worn out with all the setbacks to his recovery. He is having his meds adjusted to varying doses and varying times of day to try to relieve the exhaustion/dizzy feeling. It will take time, but hopefully, they will get it sorted...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...