(Warning - photo heavy post)
Well, blink and tis almost month’s end! Today is also Australia Day. Certainly sunshine meant a good beach day, but not for me. I will say though I love Australia & believe I’m most blessed of God to live where I do!
A day late, but I’m joining in WOYWW (do join in please here at Julia’s, and bring a late note like me) 😂. Have so much unshared on blog. Before Christmas I made gift sets of cards so sharing some here.
Technique- smooch all over top surface of EF with chosen ink, inked three times, and emboss each time, without shifting the folder on bottom side.
I also lightly water spritzed the last smooch to activate the oxide, pop the colour and even out the tones.
I chose top side to ink up but optional (I marked it too as annoyingly Altenew hadn’t labelled this one, so mix up is easy. Usually named side is top but not always).
Here are some of the cards I made back in November, and some for next months birthday, some are explained underneath.
Now to Aust photos, today truly was as beautiful as this one, taken a fortnight ago.
These two stunning creations are Hibiscus Harlequin Beetles, they are sucking insects so not altogether good for the health of the plant, but I still wouldn't kill them.
It's a friend's photo in Sydney yesterday on an early morning walk, on FB. Have seen them but not common.
Many thanks for popping over especially if you have time for a chat.
God's blessing in all things,
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x
Thought of the Day:
I’m amazed at the bravery of all immigrants in all generations, including, in Bible times, Abraham who left in obedience to God’s command and he knew not whither he went.
So it is really for us all today!
We might know our name, our address, etc. but we really DO NOT KNOW what a day will bring forth - that’s why THE Anchor that these verses speak of is so VERY IMPORTANT.
A very wise servant of the Living God was the Rev. Richard Johnson, his choice was truly an Anchor for every single Australian (& for us all), no matter origins of birth, for 1788 and in 2023.
Psalm 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all His benefits toward me?
13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
“Richard Johnson was a grateful minister and worshipper on that first Sunday in February. He would have felt that both he and all those in the First Fleet had so much for which to be thankful to God.” Quote is linked to source.
Linking over to the following:
1. WAW Word Art Wednesday - http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/ ANYTHING Goes. Three Altenew cards, Stampscapes and pink Rock candy birthday card.
2. NBUS Challenge https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2023/01/nbus-challenge-46.html - the following cards - the three Bergenia cards, the two brayered cards. NBUS listed on post with cards.
3 Snippets playground - https://pixiessnippetsplayground.blogspot.com/2023/01/challenge-446.html All cards have items from snippets drawer it’s hard, but think the oldest snippet wins and that’s the brayered Stampscapes card, it has multiple snippets all but base in reality.
4. Allsorts Challenge - Spots and/ or stripes. I think dots are also spots 😊 used the TH Dot matrix EF used on the sunset sympathy card with deer silhouette. Image die is a VERY LARGE DOT silhouette 😂. http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2023/01/week-712.html?m=1
5. Simon Says Monday challenge https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/ Beautiful Blooms - all three Embossed Altenew EF cards.
6. Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes. - Sympathy card, Stampscapes card, Lemonade DOX EF card, Batik technique birthday card, Humming Bird birthday card https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-102/