Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.
I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 40 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years
Tuesday, 27 March 2012
Wednesday, 21 March 2012
I am now on DT and see post below for details. And see a favourite card of mine (which was working on some weeks back but never showed you) below or just scroll down it is the post below this one!.
If time permits for you do take a peek at BRAND new Cardmaking Online blog - especially if you like some stunning European style cards the one today is a stunner - here it is!
The DT was to start earlier ie in Jan, 2012 but because it is such a brand new Aussie DT things take longer than thought ( we all know about that).
First to my desk here you can see I am about to tackle a 3D work for a frame - as it is an iris I wonder if you can guess my friends name? The 3D was too large scanned it and print it at about 80%. At centre back of desk is pile of DT cards which will be posted over weeks to come as I am allowed. and dad's card is on top and his pressie next to it - his birthday today and coming over for arvo tea. :D
If I am efficient might post finished 3D with a verse next to it for my friend (she does not read blogs so totally safe) next week, God willing, and show the finished item!
Phew, that would be good. Am making another gift too but cannot show it, as the person reads my blog sometimes.
First apart from my desk have few new things to show you, this below is an Australian citrus "Citrus australasica ". Or as we know them a finger lime and this variety is called Pink Ice - wow! is it one awesome explosion of flavour in your mouth!
Our dwarf Coral tree is flowering beautifully (or see here Erythrina) - note ours is dwarf and is about 5 foot and is pruned hard every late autumn, the birds just love it especially the lorikeets (see here for how cheeky the can be!) but I'm never out there to catch them for photos.
The flowers are really huge for the size of the tree, and they produce nice large seed pods to match. Re. Brenda's comment below - it is deciduous, and makes big mess when loses the leaves!
A card is peeking out on my desk (not that you could tell) is the Nellie Snellen Square Stitched die - I have decided to use it in a totally different manner on this card.
Please dont forget to hope over to Julia's super blog to join in the worldwide exploration of WOYWW(what is on your workdesk Wednesday)..and want apologise in advance, as my visiting to blogs is going to be limited but will do my very best.
Tuesday, 13 March 2012
- Jan of Scissor Fingers
- Sandie of Delightfully Crazy Blogspot
- Sharon of My craft Cupboard
- Vicky of Vicky Pedlow Designs
The card also really qualifies for Di's snippets challenge this week,so pop along to the playground for that is if you dare - yep they dip your pigtails in the inkwells over there in the playground!
- the centre square piece is the snippet - it is really a vellum die meant for hand embossing - and have had it for simply ages - and bought it for four dollars many years ago. It is a discontinued Marianne die, rather similar to this Marianne die here. I was playing one day and tried embossing it on the cuttlebug with the tan mat only embossing, it was not a cutting die. Then hand-cut around the edge and the centre square also, and mounted it on firm card to support it as the frosted paper was like vellum.
- Next snippet was the 3D mount of the columbine (this is discontinued one, but they also have great 3D pre-cut ones I do love these!). I love Columbines or Aqualegia or Granny's bonnets or what ever you call them! I love 3D and sometimes have them made up ready like this to put on card and find doing them very relaxing.
- Then made the extended base in Craft Concepts Embossing Folder - A2 Budding Vine.
- greeting is computer generated, on Spellbinders Fancy tags2 and small pearls plus a "90" in Olivia cuttlebug die.
Shaz in oz.x
Wednesday, 7 March 2012
Happy WOYWW everyone - do pop over to our wonderful Julia's blog too as there is great learning to be had a few laughs along the way!
PS Would Elizabeth of Bluebeard and Elizabeth and RosC of Wildcards on my Workbench please email me (via the Profile link it has my email address on it) for the Stampscapes card of a few weeks back. Sorry for delay keep forgetting!
hank you to Ros also for so kindly giving this blog the Liebster blog award a week ago now - if anyone has not received it as yet please free to take this one from me with great pleasure! you are all dear, dear bloggers!