Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 29 June 2022

Galaxy with Alcohol ink on Foiled card - WOYWW

WARNING! photo overload ahead! ๐Ÿ˜Š

 Well, just over 2 mth since last post - I think this a record silence from blogging for me! I am creating but blogging time is scarce, nevertheless a glimpse of many cards made and techniques explored.

 Desky share for WOYWW - What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday, over HERE ๐Ÿ˜ at Julia's … today is full of 2 months of inky fun. This desk is continuing the previous post's techniques with Alcohol Inks and Foiled card.

A foiled cardstock with galaxy sky look, made by embossing silver foiled card (CB Clockworks folder disc.) then layering alcohol twice, ie first layer not enough depth so repeated double layers of alcohol ink. It was a great learning curve. Key addition was metal mixative of copper, as it layered over it a coppery effect in light, photos don't capture really it.
The images  are Beccy's Place, Nuts & Bolts Bot set disc. Coloured around edge with black fineliner to easier cutting, used greetings on set. Colours closest to first and last photos. I used a fine liner black to thicken edge of image to make cutting out easy, see below.
Next  are AI on embossed foil - ladies birthday cards shown on desk in post below - different colours, but similar, PB die on right (disc.) and MB die on left added, EF Sizzix 3D, recipe below post.
TIP - ordinary alcohol laid down first, added colour and move colour about by tilting, add more colour or alcohol carefully not too much of it, as is needed.
I like to cover it all, most of time, but sometimes looks good with space..
 
A Sympathy card using MB Poppy die, the Numbers Stampendous verse I love, with gorgeous snippet of Washi for DP again!
 
Iris’ 90th is made with Spellbinders Iris die - this was a labour of love.
It had stringent overseas mail size restrictions, couldn't be fully 3D, very difficult. The colour more purple than plum, but unable to capture that, again!

Two male birthdays of Black ice - see here(see last post for link or just search it will come up). These are done with Stampscapes, involve multiple stampings, very tricky to be honest. I redid some by cleaning off with alcohol spray a few time just wipe and start again! July one still on way to Norway, other Aussie for June.
This was a totally new technique seen on this video by Marianne Emmerson - here an embossing powder pounce technique!
A learning curve - hard to photograph but much fun. A 60th, but photographed before added 60, die cut birthday greeting is embossed in copper EP used on card, dragonfly a NBUS, forgotten name sorry.. 
(Might have bought some more embossing powders to try some ladies cards๐Ÿ˜‰
Below are powders used, not new but some quite old.

TIPS: the addition of the Stampendous Shaved Ice was brilliant, made it iridescent, esp on green EP. 
Keep moving the gun around in pouncing -> fine doing it on heat proof surface, used "Glad Bake" paper, for Aussies.

Last card is most recent, for a nephew, wanted change from Black Ice so finally used this Snoopy's Convertible stamp by Stampabilities.

Used a new Mask too, my bargain spider web one marked to $2. DP is surprisingly same set as the black ice cards, & by SU five years ago. Real colour is closest to bottom image, very sunny washed out top image.
 
Now  am working on a small Calligraphy for present... then August birthdays - and somewhere some Christmas cards, as waaaaa-y behind there!

Next are the Aussie pickies - for those of you sweltering, we've an unusually cold winter Downunder! This Nandina out the front under the house eaves is our weather barometer for how cold it gets. More autumnal colour the more cold it’s been - lots more this year!

As near sea, frosts are rare but still very cold! Hat on with fingerless gloves at night… inside ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

  A Brommeliad by front door, love the flowers on this one.

         Chrysanthemums, yellow are always late.. end of May, after our Mothers day in early May. Loved this year's rain then dry.

Sunsets are always a beautiful end to a sunny winter's day..

Last is obligatory seascape - know they're loved! I love it too, so did mum and dad.. this is such a "dad painting"!


How am I? simple answer is up and down - often not great with some good patches. 
That is in part why I'm not blogging much, but also since Covid I am more in prayer, and visit folk more often, as more need it - when able! 
Australia has been very strict in mandates, etc (in my opinion, too much). I don't consider us a democracy, but now more of a bureaucracy, run by “health” bureaucrats. It makes me sad, so pray more. Not as bad here tho’, as in Vic, Qld and WA. 

Thanks so much for popping over - I really appreciate it so much! I will visit as many as I can, but iPad now blocks all bloggers except those with pop up windows comment boxes.

 (EDIT: Sad, more than half of WOYWWers, I cannot comment on. iPad will not comment - a few are non blogger website. Mostly are bloggers with embedded comment boxes, which crazily is bloggers “default setting”! I apologise, really, I read post. I’ve actually written to blogger ages ago about it, no reply .. like my comment attempts.

I EXPLAIN HOW TO CHANGE EMBEDDED comment box - on the top of this blog post here, would be so very grateful if fixed, I’m not only one struggling.)

May God bless you and all whom you love, Shaz in Oz.x

PS the crafty WOYWW crop in Nov sounds wonderful.. happy memories of Llandudno in Sept., 2018, so blessed to share with you all. Enjoy! Might see if can zoom now have it on iPad. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜❤️

Thought for the Day


This is not a verse - but it is so apt, and in many verses! 

It is easy to forget there in One Who is watching over us and only ever a prayer away! if God seems a long way off - He hasn't moved - I have!

If we come simply as a little child, our Heavenly Father hears the softest cry!


Joining up to:
1. Word art Wednesday Anything goes! http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/ 
2. Snippets playground is Iris' 90th, snippets are all but base and mauve plain cardstock. All rest are snippets right down to oval scallop made with a cracker packet coloured with inks, as did on other parts of flowers ribbon etc. - https://pixiessnippetsplayground.blogspot.com/
3. Joining with the NBUS Challenge .. three NBUS - Never Before used Schtuff https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2022/06/nbus-challenge-39.html last Snoopy card and Iris card too both are NBUS. Oh and first card is too as brand new stamp set .. wow!
4. Allsorts Challenge blog - so girly - http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/
The two Alcohol birthday and encouragement card, plus Iris card, and Washi paper card..
5. Beccys place June challenge the Bots images https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2022/06/june-challenge.html 

31 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Shaz!! Welcome back in blogland! :D How many AMAZING cards you show us today! You have been so busy! Love, love, love all your creations! The ones with alcohol inks and embossing are just wonderful!! And such elegant sympathy card! The birthday one for the 90th years of that lady looks gorgeous, how many work you made on it!
The male ones are fabulous too, as well the card for your nephew! I had never tried the embossing powder pounce technique, but it seems intriguing.
Your flowers are fabulous and the sunsets have a wonderful peaceful feel, thanks for sharing.
I totally agree with your thoughts about strict mandates and bureaucracy run by bureaucrats. In all the world is just as you say, also here. People don't count for the world's bosses. Politicians don’t even count, they are precisely bureaucrats that obey. Really so much prayers are needed.
Hugs and love

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, don't mention embedded comment boxes they do my head in but it was you who told me I could change it and I did. The number of times I've lost a comment through the embedded stuff ?***%..@!!^***! that's cos I dare not say how I feel Lol! Anyway, hope you're okay. The shiny embossing looks gorgeous and so does the finished card. I'm going to pop back later for a better look at the techniques. Lovely photos too. Take care and have a lovely woyww, Angela x12x

Mariane said...

Amazing collection of ART you have. I am very impressed. Thank you for sharing!!!

Have a great week !!

Blessing and hugs
Mariane #19

Pat said...

What a lot of beautiful cards Sharon and lots of interesting techniques..I love the alcohol inks used over foiled card, and the scenes using the black ice technique look wonderful. I have recently tried the Marion Emberson technique with the EPs and you have made a wonderful card here using some really pretty colours. Not forgetting your two NBUS makes featuring the wonderfully coloured Iris, a spectacular birthday card, and the fun Snoopy, a great card for your nephew. Thank you for joining us over at the NBUS Challenge this month. x

Annie said...

It's so good to see you joining in the fun this week. Really love the cards you've been making.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Donna said...

Such a fun filled beautiful post! Beautiful cards and scenery and thanks for the religious quote too!

Diana Taylor said...

Hi Shaz, nice to see you on the desks - your cards are beautiful - I love the alcohol inks in those rich vibrant colours and I also love the embossing powder card. I've just popped over and seen the Youtube tutorial - so easy and so very effective - thanks for the link, I must have a go at that.
Hope you have a lovely week,
Diana xx #13

Di said...

Gorgeous work Shaz and a lovely snippets entry. I'm so sorry you can't comment but right now you are the only Snippets Playmate with difficulties and by changing the way comments work means we would have to lose the ability to reply to people's comments. I do sympathise my friend, but we have to go with what is best for the majority until Blogger sort themselves out. Lovely to see you here playing!

Hugs - and a Dudley cuddle!

Di xx

Helen said...

so good to see you again (and thanks for visiting ) I am late getting to desks today, work was so busy.. Love all your cards, you are the master of card makers. Always love the sunsets too! Have a happy week Helen #1

Sarn said...

Lots of lovely creativity on this post. Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Have made a note you wish to be in the draw. As per our rules, please say what snippets were used. X

Darnell said...

You've been missed, my friend, but you've definitely made up for your absence with this incredible post of creativity and beauty! WOW! It was wonderful to scroll slowly through and enjoy the various processes and designs ... and to finish off with your gorgeous Aussie photos! I especially enjoyed the Marion results. I tried it and thoroughly enjoyed pouncing and seeing the amazing transformation! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Take care and I hope you start to have more up patches than down patches♥! Hugs, Darnell

StampinCarol said...

Your cards are absolutely fabulous!
The 4 things to remember is so true as is the next! Love them!
Have a fabulous week!
Carol N #22

Beccy said...

What a wonderful collection of cards and photos Shaz, you've definitely been a busy lady!
The alcohol ink backgrounds on your first cards are awesome and work perfectly with the robot images. I really like the depth of colour you got by layering the applications. Great idea to add the heavy black borders around the outside edges before you fussy cut too, definitely helps to blend the image into the background.
Cheers,
Beccy

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what stunning cards Shaz, you really are a talented, and blessed, artist.
So good to see you here again - you are such a blessing.
Our covid restrictions are easing, but case numbers are going up - 4 of the 5 of us in this house have recently had, or have, covid. God has been merciful and I have not gone down.
Blessings precious sister
Maxine

Linby said...

I love using AIs on foil and yours are super makes. Thanks for taking part again in my So Girly challenge at Allsorts.

Such a wonderful selection of other makes and great photos too.
Lynn x

Linby said...

Unfortunately your second entry at Allsorts challenge is valid due to this rule which is on the challenge blog.
c) Each entry must be from a separate post - i.e: we only accept one entry contained within in a single post irrespective of how many pieces of work are in a post.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Sorry Linby, did check rules last night before entering but missed have missed that one. I can't remove it now as no bin option. Sorry. Shaz.๐Ÿ˜Š

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous cards in your post Shaz. I really would like to check out those techniques, but we are away at the moment so I shall have to bookmark the page. A belated happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Sarah Brennan said...

SO good to see you again htis week Shaz and your collection of cards and techniques are stunning. Funnily I have been able to comment on the blogs that caused me trouble this week and have no idea what is different. Look after yourself. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Betsy said...

It was lovely to see your post Shaz. The cards are beautiful as always as are the Oz photos. It's always surprising to me to read that it's cold in Australia. I always think of it as a warm/hot country. I surely would like to visit there someday but I think time is running short for our world and Jesus won't tarry too much longer.
Praying for all around the world to accept Him and know that He is the Way, the Truth and the Light.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Hello Shaz...your cards are awesome. It's been years since I made cards like that. I did mine differently with stamp designs. Now they are photos that are under a framed card I've purchased from Photographers Edge. I've made calendars as well for gifts that's from the same company. Lovely floral plants you have.
I have issues when I'm adding photos on my blog posts. They get out order as needed. I eventually get it fixed. Stay safe and warm in winter. We've had a few hot days last week. God bless you Mt blogger friend, Becky ๐Ÿ’

Cynthia said...

Beautiful group of projects Shaz. And I really enjoy your beautiful photos. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

Cynthia said...

Back again! Thanks for the Blogger Comment tip and instructions. I've changed my blog settings. Have a blessed day! :)

Twiglet said...

Ah Shaz - so many lovely cards there - what a little crafty/arty workdesk you have - all so beautifully finished. xx Jo

BJ said...

Super cards, love the effect you have achieved with the alcohol inks on foiled card, really glad you managed to comment on my blog as it's been hit and miss whether people's comments turn up on it these days!!! Love Iris's card gorgeous, it is quite a challenge to send layered stuff without incurring extra postage costs let alone it getting squashed in the post. Your thought for the day made me smile. Thanks for the visit BJ the super late this week #24

loz said...

Stunning collection of cards Shaz. I really Love the Upgrade ones..Loz

Sarn said...

Thanks for updating this post with details of the snippets you used. Xxx

Anne said...

Wow! What a wonderland of creative creations! I have to confess that the photos do not do justice to the amazing alcohol ink background you made for the robot card. I am loving all of your cards! Bravo you! Love the brommeliad! Daniel has one but not as grande!

Sunshine Country said...

I wish I was as faithful as you at making cards to share with others! I've had one on my mind that I want to make for a dear Christian lady who is sick with a stage four brain cancer...but lately I just have been so slow to get things like that done in between garden work and other jobs. I need to purposely slow down and just find the time.
I am sorry to hear that you have been having ups and downs in not being well...praying for the Lord to give you His grace and strength, as always needed in times like these.
That verse and quote at the end of the post were very fitting for me right now, thank you! In the middle of a situation needing wisdom and discernment, that often can leave me with some fear of making the wrong decision...how very comforting to have God's Words telling me to "fear not" and He will be with me! Love and prayers.

Lindart said...

Hi Shaz! I was pleasantly surprised to hear from you! You have been very busy over the last few months! I love the robot card "upgraded" made me giggle! You did a great job with the gears in the background, beautiful! I feel for you with the hat and fingerless gloves indoors. I spent many a winter here in Canada like that too! Thanks for your visit! Have a great week (sorry I'm late!) Lindart #23

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful to pop in and see your beautiful cards and processes for creating here! Prayers for you and your strength!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...