Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 22 September 2012

Thomas is Three!!

Hullo there everyone - another wonderful day here! we are having the most amazing spring here this year, with such beautiful days. This past week we even were blessed with some precipitation which it was really a God-send and pray for some more!
About a month ago now Thomas was three, and put off showing card cos it had not been given then kept not getting around to it.. however today am going to show you it!
Made with monkeys because he loves his monkey... and thus used Monkey DP several sheets bought on eBay and o an unmounted stamp bought online at Kraftin' Kimmie - very reasonable! this one is called "Cheeky Monkey" -  bought another one yet to use, I really recommend her great service! Saw this stamp on another blog last year, and that sent me to it! funny thing with this card I think I made every element at least twice - funny how it happens sometimes.
I coloured it with mix of Caran d'Ache watercolour pencils and Promarkers with background done in chalks. 
Used Spellbinders octagonal shape and the Spellbinder labels computer generated for greeting. Also did smaller die for the number and used Olivia numbers in Cuttlebug series to cut the number.
TIP 1: 
When cutting small numbers, letters or shapes add double sided tape BEFORE cutting, peel and it adheres very easily (this is from Ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard years ago now!).
TIP 2:
 It may not be obvious but used the cut outside the die method to do the picture. This is handy when the picture is fraction larger than die and you dont want to use the next size up. For further instructions on this see this post here, where the Kookaburra card is cut around the die.   (or my post here)
Last year's card for Thomas is here and the recipe may be seen on this post here!
and to see a pickie of Thomas and his mummy at the beach, click here
 Thomas' first birthday card is here below, and I have never posted it before, as made before I blogged. To be honest I  have no idea what I made when he was born. I was not keeping records that well back four years ago.
 Made with Stamping Up DP paper from 2010 as I had bought some that year and adore these colours. Also used the Penny Black Hedgie Baby Stamp set and the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis border and the Labels (5?) dies from Spellbinders, and again computer generated greeting, image coloured with Promarkers and SU Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue, coloured with foam for background. Leave die in die-cut to get the crisp white border when shading. Again used Cuttlebug Olivia die for the number.
Thanks very much every one for popping over for a peek and chat - I really appreciate it and all of those who say hi!  and may God bless your day where ever you may be,
Shaz in Oz.x
I would like to enter Thomas' monkey card in the following challenges:
Just Add Ink – Children/Kids cards
Totally Papercrafts – For a Child
Simply Create Too - 2W - Week 2, Anything Goes   

 Polka Doodles - C10 – Inspired by a Song 
In this case it was song I learned as a child ~ "Jimmy Monkey had a tail, He swings from tree to tree, Swinging up and swinging down, He is a happy one, If we all had tails like him I think it would be fun!" :D 

It is one we sang in Oz but not sure why or where it is from.

10 comments:

Anne said...

Thomas is such a fortunate boy to have you in his life and to be the recipient of such wonderful cards! I hope his Mum will make sure that they are kept safe and sound for his future. Childrens cards are difficult to design and I struggle coming up with ideas for our son! I know who to ask now! TF!

MaryH said...

Happy 3rd Birthday to Thomas! That is such a wonderful age to be, and to be around a 3yr old. The world is filled with so much wonder & excitement. Loved the card(s) all of them. I looked down further and saw some more 'goodness' that I must go comment on. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards and your exciting news. Hugs to both you AND Thomas.

Anonymous said...

Thomas enjoyed seeing his name and birthday cards on the computer. Thanks for designing and making them, they are a beautiful work of art. Plus I am happy to send you a photo of his birth card if you would like it for your collection.

Good luck with the challenges and I can't wait to see what you have created for Emily's birthday.

Christine Blain said...

This is a very cute card for a little monkey-loving boy! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week, Shaz.

505whimsygirl said...

What an adorable card! And how neat that you have a photo of the cards you've given him his first two years!!

I'm taking a break from cleaning and organizing and catching up on blogs.

Hugs,
Kay

Nikki Spencer said...

Cheeky Monkey...that's what l call my 3yr old Grandson and it's the perfect name for this image!
A very cute card for a Birthday boy! Thanks for joining us over at Just Add Ink.

Sarn said...

Both absolutely BRILLIANT. xxx

jimlynn said...

Both of these are simply adorable! Love the monkey card and that design! He's going to love this!!!
The second card is TOOO CUTE! Precious image and perfect for a 1 year old!
Great cards!
Lynn

scrappymo! said...

Thomas is a lucky boy to have such a grandma. your cards for each of his birthdays are precious!

I never knew that trick of putting the tape on first...what a great idea. I learn so much from blogging!

Your prayers mean a lot...I am getting really nervous now...I know it is silly..the pain after does not worry me...it is the operation and anaesthetic itself that has me worying. So silly of me. I need to just put my trust in him...easier said than done!

Jodene said...

That is one cute card, I bet Thomas will love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...