Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 19 September 2012

WOYWW + Missing Posts?? anyone?


Hi there everyone! Yes, I could say wow! another Wednesday is rattling by - but I wont!! :D and for those who dont know why Wednesday might be different from any other day of the week? 
Well, Wednesday is where the nosey er, intellectual among us take peek at all the crafty goodness on other folks desks out there in World Wide Web land! 
To join us in our learning :D experience pop over to our dear Julia of the Stamping Ground.
 Second matter of interest to me - has any one lost their posts, or as I suspect had them deleted by blogger??? 
Earlier this year I did a post on Disabling word verification. 
I had saved the link so as to share it with others, and have used it heaps of times so know it is (or was) right:

http://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/tuming-off-word-verification-please.html

...and for some weird reason it is not there any more! 
Dear Blogger says:
"Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist."
As you can see by the link it's from March 2012. 
I thought maybe it had been removed by blogger, because it is on word verification removal. 
I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue??
Do others back up your blog? and if so how do you do it?
Okay, that is enough of the hard grey matter material for now!

To my desk...YAY! am actually working inside as back yard is finished, not front yard yet, but that is not really my department I figure!

Here you will see a great big mess - which I managed to do in a matter of minutes. You see, I had a card nearly finished which I cannot show you till end of the month. I needed to start another so dug this pile out of my my imaged sheets or words drawer!
I wanted something in snippets to make a card and of course took me til the bottom of the pile to find what will be superb. 
The card is a "thank you" to send to France, so a Gum-blossom card will be just the trick! This sheet plus few sheets more were stamped last year for me by Ros.A of WOYWW after I admired them on her desk, she very kindly offered to do some and sent them off to me! and to my shame have never used them yet but hopefully next week will show the result.

And below this am showing you some photos taken recently on my phone at a birthday party near the beach, just ten minutes north of here! we are blessed to live in such a beautiful part of God's creation.




Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek and chat, and may the Lord bless your day wherever you may be!
Shaz in Oz.x

32 comments:

RosA said...

Hi Shaz, That is SO weird about the missing post? I have no explanation. I just stumble around on the internet and in blogland and when something goes wrong I have no idea at all.
Glad you have found a use for the gum blossoms. You can't go wrong with them. They are one of my favourite stamps. Do show us what you end of doing with them. Happy WOYWW RosA # 37

Lisa said...

Love to try Calligraphy... where would be the best place to start?
Happy speak like a pirate day and enjoy crafting
:D
Lisa
#40

SandeeNC said...

Guess I am not one of the "intellectual'' snoopers as I haven't a clue how to back up your blog other than downloading it to a seperate hard drive. I am being less and less surprised what Blogger, Facebook and who knows who else can get in and delete and change things. :( waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

kay said...

hi,yep your march 12 post is missing,how strange,hopefully someone clever on here can help you.fab photos,bit nippy over here :)
have a super woyww
kay #56

Claire said...

ummmm! not a clue about any computer stuff - i just peck at keys and see what shows up :)
just gorgeous photos - i've never really wanted to go to OZ, but that beach... wow!!
happy WOYWW!
no. 67

okienurse said...

Great looking desk. I have had some issues with posts going missing and dates being changed recently. My husband says I am getting forgetful and I agree but not that bad! Love the pictures of the beach. You live a beautiful part of the world! Thanks for sharing. vickie #73

Sandy said...

Weird about the post going missing.. Love the photos such a lovely spot you live in.. Sandy :)

Helen said...

I haven't noticed any posts going missing, but haven't actually checked.... I don't back up my blog either, wish I knew how to...!!! Love the photos, as always. Helen, 5

Sunshine Girl said...

Wow what a beautiful place to live! Have a great week. Thanks for sharing - Sunshine Girl No. 68

Jenny Marples said...

No idea about your missing posts Shaz. Didn't think anyone else could access them but I may be wrong. Meanwhile you clearly live in paradise! Oh boy but do I want to party (or even just lie down!) on that beach of yours. Hugs, Buttons #79

May said...

Gorgeous place to live .. fabulous photo's Computers have a mind of their own... when they go wrong I shout for my daughter! tee-hee. Hugs May x x x#7

sandra de said...

Gorgeous gum blossoms and stunning beach pics. You really do live in a beautiful spot.
Sandra @105

Glenda said...

I think anything to do with blogger, Facebook and Google are having all kinds of trouble! Just one big headache! Love the photos of the wonderful outdoors!
Glenda 109

Tertia said...

The mistery of the missing post! That sounds like a fantastic title for a novel. Maybe you should write it. I have no idea, but it could be blogger, they have done stranger things than that.
The view from the party is fantastic.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia#47

Anonymous said...

Not sure where your posts have got to Shaz, Blogger seems to have so many issues, that's why I chose Wordpress! Nice to see you getting back inside for some indoor crafting bet you missed it. Loved the photos of the beach, my hubby would live in a little shack right there if he could, he loves the sun!!

Hugs
Brenda 1 <-- Yay! Finally!!!

Twiglet said...

After our wet and gloomy summer all I can say is Ahhh! those pics are really cheery. Enjoy the sunshine. x Jo

lisa said...

How lovely to be able to have a birthday on the beach, now that would be my idea of heaven, especially as mine is January which would be Summer with you. I hate having a Winter one here in the UK!!
Thanks for the beautiful photos, Shaz.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #93

Unknown said...

I can totally relate--it takes me seconds to mess up a nice neat desk. You are so lucky living near the beach. What are those cute little guys on your desk? Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #36

Tamika said...

Thanks for the comment on my WOYWW and other posts on my blogs! I have known about ODB sight and I have tried to shop there several times but I get so overwhelmed with the selections!!!!!Tamika #139

Eliza said...

If you use a blog provider like Wordpress you can backup your blog but with blogger you can't it is rather hit and mis and they seem to do what they want when they want without warning. I stick with blogger because it is easy.

Love the shots of the beach such a beautiful part of Gods country as you said. Oh and good to see you back at the desk, your garden will miss you.

Blessings Eliza #45

Gillian .... said...

Not sure about the missing posts thing, not very technically minded. Wow how idyllic are those photo's. Happy WOYWW. Gillian #87

Anne said...

Love the photos of the seaside.....we are coming to the end of our summer and Autumn beckons! Your workdesk is amazing! I don't go in for the WOYWW because if there is anything on my wee desk it's usually laundry and I'm not sharing my undies with the world! :O) Great to see the creative chaos in full swing! I have no idea about your post and it won't be anything to do with the content because in the updated Blogger you have an easy option to turn word verification on or off. I'm not sure about backing up your blog constantly but if you go into blogger dashboard/template at the top there is an option to back up your blog. This is used to save your information if you lose it after playing around with th template. Might be worth a try? Wish I had that option with my memory...I forgot to note when the gas bottle was due to run out and yup...it did...mid-way cooking through the dinner....

Anne said...

..derr I meant midway through cooking the dinner...told you I am suffering from chocolate deprivation!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,
Yikes, I don't back up my blog.... I bought a thumb drive to back up my photos and haven't even done that!

The stamped images look like a lot of fun. How nice to get them!

The photos of the beach kind of make me sad today. Fall is finally in the air here and my heater was on this morning.

Thanks for visiting me already and leaving a lovely comment.

Hugs, Kay #17

Mrs A. said...

Interested to see your gum blossoms as my latest oil painting
that I'm doing is a Kookaburra sitting on a branch of a Tasmanian Blue Gum. (Will try and get the colour of the leaves right this time).
p.s. All going well the boys will be out of rehab next week.
Hugs and a big wave to your 2 boys. Hugs Mrs A.

Anne said...

Hi Shaz the images that your were sent are lovely - I have swapped images with others - such fun. The photos are beautiful. Happy WOYWW. Anne x #149

trisha too said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos--so very pretty, thank you for sharing them!

Happy WOYWW!
:)trisha, #143
utterly shameless this week . . .

fairy thoughts said...

I tried to find your missing post but no joy I'm afraid. I recently lost my friends (virtually of course) all because of a little circle with a line through it in the address section. It was active X fltering. I unticked it and they all csme back,dont know if this works for whole posts though.
great busy desk and how I wish I was on that fab beach

janet #45

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, now that is a complete mystery. Have you tried looking in your post list - the link is on the design page, there's just a possibly that it is still there but not showing - just scrabbling around for an explanation :)

I wouldn't say that was a mess - I've seen far worse on my own desk at times. Like those stamped images - they will be perfect to send to France.

The photos are great - that beach looks like paradise.

Have a great week. Elizabeth x #113

Words and Pictures said...

Now I'm really scared... I'm going to look in to backing up a blogger blog, as I can't imagine how I'd feel if it all disappeared. If I find out anything useful I'll be sure to let you know! In the meantime, love your busy desk, and highly envious of your local scenery! Belated happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#103

Annie said...

Sorry but, like the rest I can't help with the lost posting on your blog. Might be worth checking it on your list of postings though to see if it's been reverted to draft cos I know they don't show up then.
Love the beach pics.
Hugs,
A x

Hettie said...

Gosh those photos are gorgeous Shaz.
No idea about backing up your blog but I do remember your post on word verification but couldn't tell you the date!
Thanks for your visit xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...