Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 15 September 2012

Something to Smile about!

 Hi there everyone - hope this finds you well today.
I received this email and thought it so good I wanted to share it as a post

Story behind this photo:
H.M. The Queen, accompanied by H.R.H. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, paid a Jubilee visit to Nottingham and, during the three hours in the East Midlands city, attended a children’s event in which the 5-to-10 year olds were asked to present something to celebrate the Jubilee. Out of the more than 1,000 children attending, six were chosen to give their own speech to the Queen, of 50 words or less, that expressed their devotion and admiration for Her Majesty’s long reign.
The last child to say his piece was 8-year-old Devon Parker who stood at the microphone 25 feet in front of the Queen and, as a result, the royal photographer caught Her Majesty’s reaction and response.

Devon Parker: “Your Majesty, I think you are the nicest old lady in all of England, but I wish you weren’t so old because, if you were younger, you would live a lot longer.
Thank you very much.”
The Queen’s reaction and reportedly her response: “Now, what can I say to that!?”
Hope it has brought a smile to your face - it surely did mine!! totally cracked me up.
May God bless your day everyone, and thanks for popping over for a peek and chat,
Shaz in Oz.x

12 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Thanks for sharing that hun:) The press tend to insist on showing The Queen in serious moments but it is widely reported that she has a wicked sense of humour, and this shows that so well. Kids eh? Bet Devon's mum squirmed! Hugs, Buttons x

scrappymo! said...

That is just too funny!!! Her face is priceless.

Kirsty.A said...

Brilliant!! Surprising, too. They MUST have checked what the children were going to say beforehand, surely!

JoZart Designs said...

From the mouth of as child! Priceless!
Let's face it... the Queen will probably live as long as her mother so I don't think we'll lose her just yet.
Thanks for the smile!
Jo x

Unknown said...

That is adorable! I laughed out loud. I used to teach Kindergarten and really miss the cute things that the kids would say. They kept me in stitches.

Carol Willis said...

Fantastic, love it.
Hugs
Caz x

Anne said...

Brilliant! Queen Elizabeth has a good sense of humour but her upbringing and sense of duty means that she keeps her emotions in check. Soooo lovely to see a gran responding to a young child in such a delightful way! TFS!

Elizabeth said...

Oh Shaz, this is priceless and so is that photograph. Out of the mouths of babes ... :) Thanks for the chuckle and I hope your weekend is going well. Elizabeth x

MaryH said...

Oh, I did thoroughly enjoy that little story. Her facial expression says it all! TFS.

Eliza said...

That is priceless thanks for sharing, it did give me a giggle.

Eliza

Sue from Oregon said...

I am so laughing at this!

Neet said...

Shaz, thanks so much for sharing that photo and explanation of our Queen. Priceless!
Hugs, Neet xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...