Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 12 September 2012

WOYWW! Exotic fruit + Sharon's Craft Cupboard!.

Hi folks, 
Well another week and although we are so enjoying the sunshine, we do need some precipitation - but hey rain will come. if we pray and pray and wait, and pray some more!
Before I forget have been meaning for weeks to share with you a very new blogging friend here in Oz. She must have really great taste as her name is Sharon :D 
Just to prevent any misunderstanding, this is NOT my card. 
Made by Sharon ~ My Craft Cupboard's stunning card, please pop over if time permits - her blog is http://sunshine2go.blogspot.com.au/
As you can see such beautiful, exquisite work is over there - I told her about WOYWW but she said she was not game to show us her her desk... maybe pop over say hi and let her know we would love to see it!!
Some pickies to share, because it is WOYWW and the great World Wide Blog Hop of What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday, please do take peek and join with us over at Julia's fab blog.

No desk today, as it's the same as last week here - zilch done in crafty dept!! 
Getting jobs done inside and out before cataract surgery 2.10.12. Have made few cards which will schedule soon, but they are given away so not on desk. 
I was asked by Morti of WOYWW if my fruit tree shown also in last weeks post tree was an exotic one - so here it is!
Exotic (!) lemon and lavender - the lavender is a natural insect repellent!



This week I have made something with our lemons, so sharing it instead!
Lemon peel on the plate, it is Granny's Lemon Cordial as you can see -  peel is thrown out afterwards. Recipe is below if anyone wants it. If trouble reading it just email me! really yum, Granny's was not brown like mine as she used white sugar, I use raw sugar. So nice in summer.

We do have an exotic fruit our yard, so I thought would share this. It is a Macadamia nut tree, full of abundant flowers as you can see. This photo is almost on full zoom, about 15 ft up.

Yes, we do get some nuts but as it is in our neighbour's yard (it over hangs our fence) it is not sprayed, so little greedy insects get most of them! It never fails to amaze me they bore  tiny, weeny holes through the hard outer husk, as well as the very, very hard shell! For more info see here.
One last photo thought you might like! 
Finished mulching the roses and here is the third and fourth rose of the season.
Black Beauty Rose and Sutter's Gold very small small bud - with visiting lady beetle :D I did not know till after uploaded to computer it was on there! (Oh, to left front, my wee Scottie dog from Scotland)


I would really appreciate it if time permits and you can check out 
my "Consider the Clouds" post down below! You will see why if you do!
Happy WOYWW every one and thank you SO very much for popping over for a peek and a chat. May God bless your day wherever you may be!
Shaz in Oz.x

PS a VERY special welcome to new followers Cardarian, Mary H, Gita and Lori!

45 comments:

Neet said...

Such a lot of lovely photos on here Shaz. Thank you for sharing the roses, they are beautiful. Now about that lemon drink ... think I might be able to make some so will check out the ingredients etc later.

Love the painting your dad did - what a talented pair you are.

Hugs, Neet 17 xx

sandra de said...

Gardens in spring are just gorgeous. I would love to see the teeth of those little grubs who can bore a hole in a macadamia nut! Have a lovely week.
Sandra @23

RosA said...

Hi Shaz, Beautiful roses! I have roses and lemons too, but alas, no macadamia tree! Love your father's painting (below). Does he do a lot of painting? (I would love to see them IRL.)
RosA #35

Sandie said...

Such a busy lady, love the card ... the stitching is so pretty Sharon, and I love that butterfly die, is a favourite of mine. Your lemon cordial would be something of a real treat, you just don't see home-made products much these days. Bet it tastes yummy!

SandeeNC said...

If I had a macadamia tree hanging part way in my yard, I would be spraying my half! lol Like a "nut" ( pun intended ) I would be out there under the cover of night if I had to hide it! lol And just thinking of lavender and lemon together makes me swoon, so pretty! waving the #50 from the hills of North Carolina :)

Ali H said...

great to see the garden - the lemons look so exotic when you like in wet & windy West Wales ! And a nut tree - those blossom tassels are amazing ! Ali #62

Krisha said...

Great garden pics. I did go down farther to see your post on clouds. I have always loved the clouds, but here in our neck of California we don't get many in the summer, and the winter is to foggy to tell LOL, but I did really like your cloud pictures.
Krisha #50

scrappymo! said...

It is so wonderful to see all the different types of things you can grow in OZ.
I used the wet newspaper trick under my mulch when we lived in the Okanagan. it is semi arid there and we needed to keep the soil from cooking...so we mulched with wet newspaper and then a fine layer of lawn clippings. If we kept adding more lawn clippings, always in fine layers, it would dry into a solid sort of piece of paper. Eventually it was like a solid piece of thick chipboard made from grass...teehee.
Thanks for the prayers for my back. I am having a bone tumor removed at L3/L4 as well as a back problem fixed at L5/S1, so need all the prayers I can get.
My outcome is very positive, but I still am worried.
Hugs
Maureen

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...great card from Sharon the butterfly is so detailed, beautiful...it must be wonderful to grow your own lemmons and make cordial...thanks for sharing, wishing you a super day Shaz...Mel :) #60

Belinda Basson said...

No wonder you have not been crafting,you have been very busy everywhere else!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That card is so delicate and beautiful - even if your friend doesn't join, I hope she likes the messages of support!
Love all your pics - sigh, a lemon tree in the garden, I'm envious :) The recipe for the cordial looks good, going to try that definitely!
Hugs, LLJ #73 xx

Bridget Larsen said...

ooh oooh ooh we might be moving into a place with lots of lemon trees, may I please have the recipes. Love that card, so not my forte but admired from afar
Bridget #48
bridget.larsen@gmail.com

brenda said...

My you have been busy Shaz with your yummy looking makes and more great photos of well, thank you for sharing.

B x

lisa said...

How wonderful to have lemons growing in your garden, Shaz. I make a cordial very similar to that recipe but unfortunately our lemons come from the shops!!
Beautiful roses and I was blown away by your Dad'd painting. What a talented family you are.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #88
P.S. Glad you found Brenda. She is a very talented and very lovely lady. We have been on the same DT until recently.

Carol Willis said...

Love your card Shaz, so delicate and elegant. Your father's painting is just beautiful too.
Hugs
Caz x

Unknown said...

Hi Shaz. How wonderful - Lemons and Macadamia nuts! I make a fab Egg and Lemon soup I was taught to make in Cyprus. I wish I had my own tree to use the lemons from. I loved your Dads painting. I hope that what ever life is throwing at you you get to calmer times soon. Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 5

Brenda Brown said...

Lots of lovely photos Shaz, I bet your lemon cordial is so very refreshing on hot days. Your rose is beautiful, I am not good with them they always get black spot but I have a few left over the arch in the garden. Mornings are chillier here in the UK and the evenings drawing in, oh well more crafting time then lol.
Happy WOYWW and have a fun week.
hugs {brenda} xox #91

JoZart Designs said...

I should send you some of our plentiful precipitation! It has been "persisting" down here and yesterday we even had heavy hailstones. Oddly when the sun breaks through it is HOT but so cold when it's cloudy.
Lovely post with fabulous photos giving a taste of your life there.
I might just try your lemonade recipe when I get home after my weekend jaunt with Donna and Jennie...
Jo xxx

Jenny Marples said...

Love your garden Shaz. It looks to be an abundant place and very fragrant. Our apple tree didn't perform to usual standards this year, but with enough rain to float a boat over the spring/summer there's little wonder! Hugs, Buttons #70

Sandy said...

Hmm the lemon drink looks great thanks for sharing... Would be perfect after all my gardening to drink. Love the rose and lavender is lovely. Sandy :) #122

Angie said...

Really enjoyed your post,desk or no desk,thanks for the photo of a Macadamia tree ...how amazing.xx83

Peggy Cain said...

beautiful roses thanks for sharing it's hard to work indoors when it's so beautiful outside have a great day!

Hettie said...

Ooo! They say you learn something new every day....I did not know lemon was a natural insect repellant!
Lovely flowers there and that card is stunning!
Hugs and thanks for visiting earlier.
xx 127

famfa said...

Lovely looking lemonade. Lemons and lavender - what a lovely combination.
Famfa 13

Danielle said...

Great photos-that macadamia nut tree looks very interesting. dani #18

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card your friend has made Shaz, we should encourage her to join in with us! Love your garden photos too, the flowers are so pretty, always strange to think we're heading into Fall and you're looking forward to Spring! I love the Petoskey Stones and most stones in general, I like natural things.

Hugs
Brenda 3

Twiglet said...

Great post Shaz and I popped down to see your "clouds" post too. It was just what I was thinking yesterday - except we had the most stunning rainbow. As you know my view to the hills is lovely but last night, with dark threatening clouds, the sun broke through as the rain whisked across the hillside. In front of me was the biggest brightest rainbow with its fainter double above it. Surely that must have been the work of a wonderful maker. x Jo

Unknown said...

Hi Shaz, I am a lemon lover!! Pop over some time and try my Lemon Thyme Bars. Glad you are able to be productive for now, and hope everything goes well with your eye surgery! I've had eye surgeries too--so I'm sure you'll have a great recovery! Thanks for your visit today. --Sandy Leigh

scrappymo! said...

Just saw your second reply...Thanks so much...that is why I left the details on this post. If you were praying for me, thought I would pass on just what and where to pray for!

Glenda said...

Lovely pictures Shaz! The nut tree really impressed me. I've never seen one of those! The card you displayed is stunning. I will be going to check out her blog.
Have a wonderful week. Thinking of you!
Glenda #106

May said...

Lovely post Shaz, Lemons & roses.. so beautiful, your wonderful post consider the clouds is just lovely..Have a happy week, Hugs May x x x

Anne said...

Hi there such a lovely post ( I also enjoyed reading about the clouds) the lemon cordial sounds delicious. Your dad's painting is beautiful. Hope all goes well with your op. Am going to look at your friend's blog the card she sent is lovely. Anne x #149

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Shaz gorgeous photos, shame there is no desk but the lemons look gorgeous and sunny. thanks for sharing
janet #39

Katie said...

Huh, I never knew what a macadamia nut tree looked like. :) Thanks for sharing!

Katie 40

Joynana said...

Always some interesting things going here. Love your photos. Exotic fruit right in your yard. love it. #122

trisha too said...

Beautiful post, Shaz, so many lovely things to see--very refreshing, thank you!

Happy WOYWW!
:)trisha, #144

Lori said...

Hi Shaz! Stopping by to say hello & thank you for visiting my blog! I love your Macadamia nut tree! Cool! I have Black walnuts...want to trade some nuts!! LOL!!
Hugs Lori
aka stampninklady.blogspot.com

Anne said...

What a super yummy post!!!!

Di said...

Lots of lovely photos Shaz - sorry I'm late hopping round!

Belated Happy WOYWW, hugs, Di xx

Sandie said...

Ohhh I am blonde ... (shhhhh) :-)
I thought you completed one of her cards, no matter who made it, its stunning. Will teach me not to read everything 'right'.... xxxx

Eliza said...

The macadamia trees are amazing and interesting at the same time and your lemons are looking so healthy, pitty I cant have some of that cordial I can just about taste it now. mouthwatering....

Happy WOYWW
Eliza #88

Sue from Oregon said...

oh Lemon Syrup sound devine!!!!

Morti said...

Thanks for stopping by, Shaz. I decided not to take part in WOYWW this week for various reasons, but thanks for sharing the lemon tree with us! I'm even more impressed with the Macadamia nut tree! One of our local supermarkets sells them in a bag (shelled) mixed with dried cranberries, and it is my favourite snack ever... yum!

Hope you are keeping well!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, first, good luck with your eye surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery. The card is a beauty ... the needlework is exquisite. The lemons we buy here are imported and are usually small and thin skinned - and the skins are waxed - nice enough but probably nothing like your home grown ones. You are just picking your roses as ours are going over - now I have 6 months to wait for our first blooms again :( Hope by now you have had the precipitation you have been wishing for. Take care my friend. Hope your weekend is going well. Elizabeth x #11

Tamika said...

Thanks for sharing your lemon syrup recipe it looks beautiful in those bottles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...