Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Wow! it is WOYWW again!

Hullo there everyone ~ another week flying by and over here we are into spring +summer all at once! it is supposed to be 27C here today and another week of sunshine ahead ~ would you believe, here on the north coast, we have had 9mm of rain here at my place since 14th of July?
Mm we had our winter's rain in June and then sunshine ever since it seems almost..
NSW wide total fire ban today, and they have brought the season forward, too.
Now to the business end of the day, my desk!!

First of all a very big thank you to each of you who popped over last week and sent so many get well cheery messages .. My tooth is fine now (and pray most earnestly it stays that way, please Lord) and well apart from self inflicted aches from attacking the garden as you see down below..... and as you see there is very little going on the actual desk - except some of Mrs A.'s very scrummy sea glass has arrived - she found a big pile of after much searching on the Mediterranean coastline in Italy ~ see her desk here!

We dont see it here on our east coast of Australia, I guess not enough glass thrown overboard on big ships.. I do have one piece have found - a clear piece in many, many, many days of walking our beaches up and down the coast...
Anyway, how very kind of Mrs A.  to share here stash. I have graduated it as when you look at each piece they are so very different - fascinating isn't it, how unique everything is? including us! God's wisdom in that.
Also on my desk is Bridget in Oz's ATC as found hunting through my posts I had not shown it - must have been one of my off weeks, - very sorry and THANK you, Bridget! Here is where my desk has been for most of the past week or so - the garden!
I have been doing the roses again - have about three dozen and it is time to feed and mulch them with sugar cane mulch. The bottle around each rose is my deep watering system it mean 2 litres of water gets to the roots of the plant when watered. May well be needing this for this summer at this rate..
Rose, second of season called "Delores", tough as nails and magnificent long lasting blooms.
This bed is half done - has been weeded (first by male hands, then I come along after - never good enough - fussy, huh?) and feed but only half has been mulched. In an effort to deter weeds, we cover it with wet newspaper before adding the sugar cane mulch.
Also following on from last week here are some more crab eggs.. or really crab excavations balls at very very low tide late yesterday afternoon like my other shots. You can tell it is spring. These were seen on yesterday's walk.
  Here is a dwarf yellow Kangaroo Paw and Breadfruit Tree at the T intersection on our street near the creek mouth. Railway bridge in distance also.
No more time here, must fly - but do rush over to the best exploring and learning blog hop around at Julia's  - the Queen of WOYWW for What Is On Your Workdesk Wednesday!
Happy WOYWW everyone and thanks so very very much for popping over for a peek and a chat. May God bless your day wherever you may be!
Shaz in Oz.x
PS I promised someone who blogs here in Oz this am that I would show them my non stick scissors and now I cant remember who it was - please email me or leave a comment and will try and let you show them by next post ..dont you hate memory block!?

35 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

Here's to your tooth and my op mending quickly so we can get back to 'normal' again. Love looking at your photos to think that I am going to be up there soon-well in 4 months, oh we may be able to meet after all. We are staying at Sawtell Beach park, is that near you or within visiting distance. We could meet up for coffee or lunch, we will be there from 23-25Dec probably not a good time hahaha with family commitments
Bridget #30

SandeeNC said...

Glad to hear your tooth is all better, and your roses are just lovely. That pink has to smell like heaven cause it sure is pretty! I don't think I have ever heard of sugar cane mulch! Beautiful pictures! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Neet said...

84 this week, would you believe it, never been so late.
Glad your tooth is behaving itself, hope it stays that way.
Thanks for all the lovely photos, it looks so beautiful where you live Sharon and nothing like what I wake up to in a morning. Can just imagine you walking along that beach and working in your beautiful garden. Love that rose and am intrigued by your deep watering idea. Hope it does not get too hot for you but do enjoy the sunshine.
Hugs, Neet xx

Neil said...

Hiya, its been a while but it's good to be back and taking a peek at your creative world again. Looking busy and fun. Hope you have a good week too and that your tooth stays well. Garden looking lovely, that rose is beautiful.
Neil @ 62

Sunshine Girl said...

Wow what fabulous photos - I used to have a rose garden but took it all out when my eldest son was born - good job really as my garden has now become a muddy football practice pitch! - glad to hear your tooth is feeling better. I am not joining in with WOYWW again this week - too much happening with children starting new schools - just popping by to say thanks for commenting on my blog.

brenda said...

So sorry I didn't call in last week Shaz but really hope was to settling down now. Had to take a break myself after a fall, hence I missed what was going on with you.

Beautiful pictures of so nice to hear you have good weather. Here in the UK spring and summer merged into one total washout was just a couple of weeks in between when the weather was something like normal.

Interesting to read you have a lot of rain as well, it's been unseasonally wet here since March and even in July we had over 14" of rain.

Take care,

B x

Claire said...

i never got to thank you for your lovely message last week... so i'm saying it on today's WOYWW :)
love your lil sock monkies and that rose *sigh*
happy wednesday!!
no. 82

Annie said...

What fab snaps you're sharing with us this week. Love that rose. :-)
Hugs,
A x #85

Glenda said...

Glad your tooth is better! Looks like lots of creativity going on here this week! Gorgeous sea glass too. Love the pictures of your garden. Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Glenda #119

Eliza said...

I am so glad your tooth is much better there is nothing worse than a bad tooth ache. Good to see the prayers have helped. You have a really beautiful garden and that rose is devine. You are so lucky to be blessed with the sun, surf and sand near by that you can just walk and wonder in Gods beautiful creations, nothing like it, marvellous. Oh and that sea glass is something else indeed.

Eliza #20
Have a wonderful crafting week.

Eliza said...

Shaz,

Anytime you want to come to Melbourne to go to the shows you let me know you are welcome here, I will bust my boiler to stay home and go to the show with you.

Eliza #20
Any excuse to be the boss and get out of work LOL

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That sea glass is in my all time favourite colours - absolutely gorgeous. I could just have those in a bowl on the windowsill and be happy with it :)
Good work with your garden, it's looking lovely! Roses are funny, they're either happy with you or not - your deep watering system is a clever idea though.
Hugs, LLJ '81 xx

lisa said...

I'm glad your tooth is feeling better this week but don't overdo the gardening, especially in that heat. Your roses are looking beautiful. The rain spoilt ours this year but we have some late ones that are looking good in this bit of sunshine we are enjoying at the minute.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax 105

JoZart Designs said...

Really interesting photos of such a different life and place to here in England. Lovely roses and you've done so well with them.
Pleased to hear that your teeth problem is easing.
BTW NO! I really don't miss my strawberry cloth now as my stainless steel customised surface cleans off so well no matter what goes on. I love it and I can emboss or make messes straight on to it.
Love Jo xxx

Katie said...

What a lovely garden you have! Glad your tooth is on the mend.

Happy WOYWW!
~Katie (37)

CraftygasheadZo said...

Glad your tooth is better, thanks for sharing such fab pics too. Take care Zo xx 98

Tertia said...

Glad your tooth is better. weather has been crazy over here, last week we had Summer (don't know where Spring went!) and today it is freezing again and the wind is howling. Really weird.
Your garden looks great.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #70

Twiglet said...

Your photos are lovely and that rose is just perfect and a lovely name too- isn't our friend Cardarian a Dolores??

May said...

Beautiful post love the pics of your garden those roses are stunning beautiful soft colour.. love the little crab eggs.. glad to hear your mouth is on the mend.. Have a happy week, Hugs May x x x#5

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...super piccy's Shaz, great rose beds, the crab eggs are amazing...loVe the sea glass what a super gift and from the coast of Italy too, gorgeous...thank you for stopping by me, have a super week...Mel :)

fairy thoughts said...

hi shaz, so glad to hear your tooth is better they can be miserable.
Your garden anfd the weather looks fabulous, summer seems such a distant memory this year, oh well there is always next year
thanks for sharing
janet #65

Belinda Basson said...

Guess what arrived last week? Your ATC. Thanks also for the fabulous card to go with it. Will both be treasured for sure.

Fascinating photo of the crabs eggs.

Tamika said...

Great photos and garden! I wish I were on a beach right about now! The sea glass is very pretty and the sock monkeys are cute!Mika #146

Anne said...

Sorry you had problems with your tooth (problems with teeth are my worst nightmare) Love your photos and the rose is beautiful. The sea glass is so pretty. Thanks for visiting me. Anne x #122

Anonymous said...

Hi Shaz, sorry for tempting you with those SU stamps and l won't upset you further and tell you how nice they are to use ;)

Great desk today, love those tiny pieces of glass, we get those on our beaches and have never realised they are from broken bottles washed smooth by the sea.

Thanks for the photo's too.

Happy WOYWW #99 xxxx

Cardarian said...

You live in a lovely place having the beach so near! I could look at the sea forever! Your projects - cards are so beautiful! I think that rose is an amazing color and yes I am a Dolores! Thank you for commenting on my blog - I have heard about you from Jo and Donna!
Lots of hugs all the way from Slovenia
Cardarian

l00pyscraftcreations said...

oh dear, hope it starts to rain again for you soon! love the sea glass, and crab balls, what a wonderful sight!
happy woyww
hugs Lou P #86

Cardarian said...

PS. I joined your blog too so I will get all the "news" promptly!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

donnalouiserodgers said...

No worries regarding visitation frequency on blog site, we know where we can find each other when we want or need to,

you should be brave ( I know you are) because you are the epitome of what I was saying on my blog,

average and normal SUCKS

you ROCK

as does your faith

dxxx

Joyce across the Pond said...

Glad to hear the tooth is almost there....I wonder you have time for gardening...but it looks so good....unlike our wilderness!!
Weather here has been good all week...Sunday will not be good but maybe there will be more good weather next week....you see, the kids have gone back to school!
Take care.

G Peplow said...

Hi Shaz, How lovely to hear from you and you say the nicest things :0)
Your garden looks wonderful and what a beautiful rose:0) Tooth problems are not funny, I'm pleased yours seem to have subsided. You have a gorgeous beach and I think your summer will be fabulous! I have had a sneak around your previous posts and love the crafting that I've seen, so colourful and clever, Gay x

Julie said...

Hey, Sorry to hear about your tooth - but glad to hear that it's starting to fee; a bit better.

You've posted some amazing photo's - those "crabs eggs" are just amazing and your roses look lovely!

xx

Victoria said...

Always a pleasure to visit your desk!

Lisa-Jane said...

I like the wet paper idea for the mulch, not that we need help with moisture here! Your garden is lovely.

Morti said...

Love your desk and your garden this week - what is the fruit to the right of the main garden picture? Oranges? Or something a little more exotic?

Thank you for your kind words - life trundles on as per normal though, so one waits in patience....

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...