Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 27 April 2014

OSA using Artneko stamps + Sarn's Christmas Challenge

Two challenges being attacked here :D one over at OSA it Layout 269 - make an Oriental card with a tag on it.   Over at Sarn's where 'tis time to get some Christmas cards ready, two in fact - see here for her Rudolph challenge which starts on 25th of each month.
Here is an inky card with a tag..
 First up is the OSA tag card. Tag is hand cut from card snippets, and mounted once finished on another snippet. Used versamark and clear embossing powder for background, the sponged around edge to highlight with black. 
 I adore this beautifully calligraphed verse "Be Still and know that I am God" I'm not good at being still, and waiting on the LORD. This verse is sitting here in front of me as type, on a piece of hand cut timber.
The tag  was masked background inked up with Adirondack inks and then inked with this these images from Artneko
They can be bought individually and are deep etched unmounted rubber very reasonable in shipping and whole set and individuals are on sale too :D.
I have used the set over on these posts here and as well with the polished stone method back on this post here... lovely inky fun!

Now over to Sarn's cards .. first time this year I have managed this and really should have been doing something else .. but here 'tis..
One must make at least two cards and since had taken out three bases decided to make three. So embossed with CB Snowflake folder (disc.) and used holly ribbon from stash - have whole roll! Verse stamp is from Unity Itty Bitty " For unto us a child is born" punched out with two oval punches from SU. I had two of these poinsettia made up on my desk for months now. It is a Britannia die and the leaf swirl from Memory Box. Many snippets were used in the making of these cards.. both lots.
It is fun with punches and dies to see how small you can get them!
hanks so much for popping over for a peek and a chat. I really appreciate your comments and will try and get back at time permits..
May God bless your day wherever you may be,
Shaz in Oz.x
Would like to join these over with the following:
Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets on card.   http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/ 
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au

16 comments:

Irene said...

Shaz, your cards ae beautiful. I love the soft gentle colours and design of your oriental card. And wow the Christmas cards are beautiful, I love the splash of red against the white.
luv
irene
xxxx

Mrs A. said...

I love the tag birdie and the colours but Wow your Poinsettias are stunning. Superly CAS. Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

p.s. Thanks for the info on the Kookaburra tree. I love all the nature photos that you post up in your blog. hugs Mrs A.

scrappymo! said...

Wow! Your have been so busy. The oriental card is wonderful. That is wuch a great verse and the bird with it is lovely.
I am struggling to get my two finished for Sarn this month so am in awe that you did three! Great cards.

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Wauuu Shaz
gorgeous cards
love all
hugs Tamara

Craftychris said...

All these are fabulous! The inky one is gorgeous and the red and white ones are stunning! xx

MaryH said...

Hi Sharon, so happy to see you are feeling improved enough to get back to creating & posting. Love this bird card - I have that ODBD set and it's such a pretty image. Love how you used it on the card, and I hear on the 'being still & listening' statement. Hard to do at times for all of us. Loved the pretty Poinsettia's too. That blast of red against the C/B white embossing is so powerful. TFS & Hugs. Happy Sunday too.

Sarn said...

Hi Shaz - LOVE the Rudolph Day cards you've entered. Fantastic die cutting and embossing.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Anne said...

I have just been delighting in your previous posts and superb photography! What a delight and feast for the eyes! You are so talented! Love your cards and bookmarks, beautiful moon shots and you even sew! Clever gal! Thank you for sharing your wonderful work!xx

Hettie said...

Lovely cards here Shaz. I especially love your embossing folder you used.
Hugs
xx

Jean said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz, I love the little birdie tag, and the die cut poinsettias on the christmas cards look stunning.
Jean x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Shaz, sorry for the delayed response, but I was on vacation, struggling with an Apple laptop.... You are so kind to send a card to Lauryn - here updated address is:

Miss Lauryn Newsome
P.O. Box 172
Thornburg, VA 22565

Love your Christmas cards and the tag card with the chickadee - just precious!

have a great day! Cornelia

Di said...

Beautiful tag card Shaz! Then I scrolled down and saw those really elegant Christmas cards too - gosh, you're on a roll right now! Wonderful work.

Hugs

Di xx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Love your tag card Sharon - and your Christmas card set looks fantastic.

Jocelyn x

Diane Noble said...

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. We appreciate you for sharing your inspiration with us and welcome you back for another fun week coming up!
Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz, the poinsettias are stunning against the gorgeous textured background, Cathy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...