Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 30 October 2015

Friday Smiles, Snippety Christmas challenge! aka Rudolph day.

{ For WOYWW post, please scroll down, or click here - thank you}

Here's some of my Annie's Friday Smiles and entry for the Christmas challenge over at Scrappy Mo's.
Also there is a Double embossing challenge over at Our Daily Bread so going to try join in with it, too. First of all, to the snippetty card for ODB and Scrappy Mo's challenge
If you look on the post below .. or click here .. you will see the beginning of this card.
The background cardstock began its life as two different colours of bonbons from a year ago or perhaps two. Actually dry embossing the two joined pieces (with CB Christmas Snowflake folder) really made it look even more special!
Had this verse printed and cut already. The gold embossed "Stampendous" Luke 2:11 stamp is really special. I love the fact that in it Christ is called our Saviour and LORD, to all who come to Him.
SB die-cut is SB Divine Eloquence, Britannia Poinsettia dies set also used in three colours.
Now to my Friday Smiles.. this is my favourite bird.. (or one of them, as we have so many really). It's an Eastern Rosella. As I came around the garage, here he was - looking rather lost .. Took a number of shots of him walking up and down the fence top, and a *video.
Then... the one who he was waiting for appeared. (*Once I've worked out again how to compress them to upload to You tube, I will post video, too.)
..." okay! so where've you been? 'bout time! I've been here for ages..."
... "sorry traffic hold up.. so what's the plan? something okay up there, you reckon?.."

... "Mm? not sure??"
"Nope, looks pretty empty up here, wait on .. till I look some more .." ..
" mm... that's right ... I'm waiting again..."
What these Eastern Rosellas were doing wasn't clear, as this was taken on full 24x zoom. Maybe eating the salty seaside flavoured moss on very top of neighbour's roof ventilation hole, as it looked like he was eating it. I had the feeling the one left on fence was either a juvenile, or not interested.
One last Smile pickie: this is the flowering succulent in the courtyard garden (where I take card photos), love the tiny yellow buds, so pretty and delicate.. the bright pink is a poinsettia! flowering now for seven months. Really Downunder it should've been pruned last month, so that it flowers for our next winter in June/ July, but it still looks too nice.
Thanks so much for popping over for peek and chat .. will return your visit as soon as I can, as do love to see your work too. :D
I apologise as have not commented on many from last post .. but will do you first, sorry. 

 May God bless your day and those you love, wherever you may be.

Shaz in Oz.x
In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:6

1. Di's 200th Snippety challenge - Used all snippets, except for card base. 
2.Word Art Wednesday - anything goes  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au
3. Rudolph day challenge over at Scrappy Mo's 

30 comments:

brenda said...

A glorious Christmas card with so much texture Shaz and a really elegant feel to it.

And those birds are amazing, so many colours in one little creature, reminds us just how amazing Nature is.

B x

Lisca said...

What a lovely Christmas card! I love the sentiment. Well done!
I really enjoyed the photo 'reportage' of the Rosella. That certainly put a smile on my face. You certainly have a lot of birds over where you live. Beautiful!
Have a great week,

Lisca

Barb said...

I recognized the card from your desk straight away. It looks absolutely beautiful finished and close up. How lucky you are to have such colourful birds visiting your garden. The photographic story was lovely to follow. Have a lovely week Shaz . Barbxx

Di said...

Beautiful snippets card Shaz - so elegant - and I do love your wildlife photos - made me smile here :)

Hugs

Di xx

Lynn Holland said...

Talking birds, how fabulous. Wonder if they are distant cousins of my Doodly birds.
Have a great weekend Shaz
LYnn xx

JoZart Designs said...

Hi Shaz! Beautiful card but I must say I am overawed by the Rosella birds. They are amazing! MY DH would never be in the house if we had birds like that. He sits ages watching ours but they are dull in comparison. highlight last week, we had a Jay.
Have a good weekend,
jo x

stampinganja said...

Stunning card! And wow, those birds are beautiful!
Hope you are well on your way getting better, take care, Anja

Annie said...

Your birds are really stunning...thanks so much for sharing them with us all.
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Betsy said...

Shaz that card is just stunning! It is an work of art. And to use your talent to glorify the name of Jesus is so wonderful. Thank you my friend. I smiled my way through your bird pictures. Great conversation. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

scrappymo! said...

This is an wonderfully elegant card! Love that you were able to upcycle the Christmas Cracker paper...it is beautiful! The flowers cut from the same paper are perfect with this...so much texture here!

Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card Shaz, love the gold and the embossing and the flowers.

Kath x

505whimsygirl said...

What a beautiful card. Those birds are absolutely amazing. I love all the colors. How wonderful to see them in the wild like that. I wondered if they were building a nest inside that drain?
Happy Friday
hugs Kay

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, just love Rosellas they are so colourful. We have lots of birds here in the UK but very few with colour except those that escape from their cages Lol! Not so long ago there was an African Grey landed on the roof of the house across the road. The owners actually saw him and came round to try and persuade him down. We noticed the wife of the couple drive away and within minutes the bird flew down to the man. Apparently the bird dislikes the wife and would not come down until she had gone Lol! Have a lovely Friday, Angela x

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Shaz, and isn't it lovely to watch the Rossies, they're eating the flowers on the 'orchid or butterfly' tree out the back at the moment. Nice spot to photograph your cards and the pink Poinsettia is lovely...oooh my red one needs lot of attention. Have a wonderful weekend cheers Robyn

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful elegant card Shaz - love the die cut you have used on the centre panel.
Those birds are gorgeous, and I loved your dialogue :-) The flowers are beautiful too. Isn't God so amazing!!
Blessings
MAxine

mamapez5 said...

How wonderful to have such pretty birds visiting you!
Your Christmas card is beautiful. Well done for using the bonbon papers too. (Did you know that to us, bonbons are sweets, and what you used, are called crackers in UK?)They look good. I have several waiting to be used too so I might get mine out and have a go too.
It is always good to see new flowers opening in the garden. We have those succulents in our garden too. Kate x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card, Shaz!! I just love all the gold, the verse and your elegant details!! The embossing just adds to the elegance!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!
hugs,
Chris

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, Beautiful Christmas card, just wondering if your little rosella friends were looking for a nest site? they usually nest in tree hollows, before our old gum tree was cut down some eastern rosellas had been inspecting a hole made by a large branch falling... have a wonderful weekend...Megan

Twiglet said...

Oh your birds are so beautiful Shaz - ours look dowdy by comparison - I still love them though. x Jo

Conniecrafter said...

Your card is just Beautiful, great idea with the embossing, so pretty the gold and white are so elegant together and your flowers are just beautiful!!
Those birds are so colorful and to capture two of them what a treat. Your flowering cactus are so pretty, we are just getting around to doing our trimming here before winter sets in, there are a few bushes that we do in late fall. Have a great weekend!

Linby said...

Your card is so elegant and pretty.
TYFS the photos of the Rosellas, we don't have anything so colourful in the wild in the UK - they look fab.
Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.
Lynn x
GDT

MaryH said...

Very elegant indeed with the rich gold background, that lovely debossing with the added color and of course the gorgeously shaped S/B focal image. Perfect verse for the season - and the golden poinsettias are just beautiful. Always enjoy seeing the scenic photos. What wonderfully painted birds you have to admire! TFS & Hugs. HOpe all is well.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Glorious card with lovely textures, Shaz, this time of the year I think of loved ones, especially my granny, I wish I could have showed her this card.

Wonderful photos too, the birds are so colourful and your poinsettia is so pretty. I adore the succulents. Take care!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Pia S said...

This looks so elegant with the gold and white color combination and I like how you embossed the background for a textured look. Pretty poinsettias too. You did a great job with this card...

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, what a fabulously elegant Christmas card!! Love all of the gold, the wonderful embellishments and of course, the embossing!

Thanks for sharing your love for the Lord as well as those fantastic birds!! My hubby and I love watching birds and we would be thrilled to see something this exotic in our backyard!!

Thanks for sharing and joining in with us at the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge- hugs and have a blessed week!

sharon said...

Stunning Christmas card Shaz !!!!
The Eastern Rosellas are very cheeky. It is lovely to see all the birds are out and about..such a beautiful time of the year in Australia.
Have a great week.
hugs
sharon :)

Marilyn Mathis said...

Such a gorgeous Christmas card honoring our Saviour!
I am so glad you caught the sweet conversation between your birdie friends. They are so pretty. Hugs.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful Christmas card!!! It's just so elegant and lovely!! I'm so glad you shared it with us for the ODBD challenge!!!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Shaz. I love the background, perfect for that topper. Love your photos of the Rosellas - they are delightful. Ilove their bright colours ... makes our birds looks so dull in comparison. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Brenda in IN said...

I'm so glad you posted this finished card. It is just stunning. The gold embossed verse just stands out and the poinsettas are beautiful. I don't know how you ever get anything done. I would be outdoors all the time looking at your scenery, flowers and birds! What a wonderful place to live in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...