Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 21 November 2015

Belated Annie's Smiles, Snippets + Card to share.

Hullo there everyone - yes am still on planet earth!! Just seem to be totally inundated, time-poor, so rather scanty blogging. Had trip to big smoke to docs early this month they are not happy, so having to do more exercise{good for me, and me bones, they're getting thin but I am not ;) } but it takes time.
Have heaps to share. Was going to post for Annie's smiles, yesterday, thought would share the beauty of our garden.. these are all gone now, have six!! more vases of beauties at present, but will share these.
Another new rose called "Summertime 47" - very appropriate, it has been like summer time here .. two swims at the beach this week :D Wonderfully blessed indeed! Deeper one in middle is Perfume Delight - very fragrant, too.

I am enjoying the text which is this month's candy for my fifth blogaversary. (See here - there is a craft die as well) Hand painted with gouache + 23 carat Gold leaf on the word "faith" and the "W". Candy, die and text will go overseas to "Wonderful encouragers" of this blog who chose to enter.
This was our last lot of Sweetpeas, as the recent rain then heatwave stopped its flowering. Text is snippet, as this was done on snippet of paper .. a small piece of work :D plus gold leaf was snippet on a gold leaf sheet.
Another new rose also, had four new ones this year. This is called "Orient Express", also is fragrant. Fragrance is "must have" criteria of new roses. Think there are some "Guitar" there too.

A birthday card which  has flown over to UK for one of our family over there, they dont read my blog so it is okay to post. Frame made with SB Divine Eloquence die, DI were used on watercolour for background which also has glimmermist on it, the gum blossom die is by Ultimate crafts Australiana die.

This very wonderful verse is from Pinterest Bible verses page, originally from this blog here. Truly the LORD is my Strength and Shield.. and enables marvelously throughout each day.

Thanking the Lord for each of you, and praying for you that the LORD would be your Strength and Guide through each and every day,
Shaz in Oz.x

Linking up to:
1. Annie's Friday Smiles  
2. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on text and card .. snippet for die cut plus watercolour sheet.  http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
3. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.

18 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

What fabulous photos and smiles. Take care Zo xx

Di said...

Wonderful photos and absolutely gorgeous snippets makes Shaz! Good to see you in the Playground - I'm sitting quietly over in the corner watching what's going on lately. Come and join me :)

Hugs

Di xx

Annie said...

It's good to see you joining in the fun this week Shaz. What beautiful roses you have. I took cuttings from an old rose at our old house and managed to get several to root so I'm thrilled to bits cos they have a gorgeous scent 😀😀😀😀 Hope you have a great week and manage the exercise needed to improve your health.
Hugs,
Annie x

sharon said...

Your flowers are beautiful Shaz :)
Hopefully you will find time to get out and walk a little......hmmmmm maybe I should join you.........lol....... I to have been a little slow with blogging :(
Have a wonderful week.
hugs
sharon :)

Barb said...

Beautiful flowers Shaz. I can almost smell the roses from here. I love the card you've made. Sorry to hear about your health problems. I could certainly do with more exercise too Shaz. Take Care. Hugs. Barbxx

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card and wonderful flowers - a happy, happy post! Except for your health problems, that's not so happy! Take good care of yourself! Big happy hugs! xxxxx

brenda said...

As always a really super card Shaz and beautiful floral shares.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Liz said...

Beautiful flowers, Shaz, thanks for sharing the photos. Your card is so lovely, I love the simplicity of the design. Just gorgeous. xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, love your roses, beautiful colours and I'm just imagining the perfume. I was born in '47 but long after the summer, still I'd love to have this rose in my garden. Your snippety makes are both very lovely too. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous flowers photo's and a brilliant card.
Good luck with the exercise.

Kath x

Unknown said...

Flowers are such a solace to the soul. The sweet peas and roses make me long for spring. Your art is breathtaking. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 210th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful roses Shaz - my roses are just starting to bloom, and thankfully the majority are fragrant. My sweetpeas have yet to bud, never mind bloom. But they will get there are we are way further south of you.
Thank you for sharing the snippets of your life. Praying that the exercise will improve things for you.
Blessings
Maxine

Betsy said...

Love the verse from Psalms Shaz. It's one of my favorites. Such beautiful flowers. It's hard to imagine that just as we're starting our snowy season, you're experiencing a heat wave!
Blessings,
Betsy

Joanne said...

beautiful roses, it is so strange as we are getting our first snow here in France.Can you share how you made your watermark ? I always admire it.

hugs from France
Joanne

Conniecrafter said...

Such beautiful flowers to enjoy, I can only imagine how lovely smelling they must be. Very pretty birthday card, love the watercolor background and that is such a pretty die and framed so pretty!

RosA said...

Hi Shaz
Yes, stunning roses! And, I agree, they must have a good perfume to justify all the care they need :)
RosA

Anne said...

Your card is so beautiful and elegant! I love it! I adore your roses, I have three David Austin roses and I am a firm believer that roses should be scented! Sweet peas...we had a wonderful show this year! They attracted quite a few carpenter bees...superb!

Jo Ann said...

Love the CAS design. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful project with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with the encouragement of God's Word in Psalm 27:1 which says, "The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?" Hugs and blessings!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...