Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 21 December 2016

"Inspired to Stamp" Guest DT call + WOYWW

(EDIT: 10th Jan 2017 - Well, still catching my breath!! 😁 I've been accepted for GDT, watch this space!! A big thanks to everyone and your lovely comments to, you are so appreciated)

Hi all,
My desky share today shows multiple desks - with the process of making a card for a challenge. The experienced crafters among you, can just skim down the pickies. ;D
To join with What is On Your Workdesk  Wednesday pop over to Julia's desk for the deskland world wide hop. 
I am not good on some challenges especially photo ones, I loose track half way through!

This is my second card as first one I went on memory and the colour wasn’t right! 
No worries, I still like it and will rescue it later.I took several things from this image:
1. colours - gold, white and coral or peach pink.
2. shapes  - namely spots, floral, and chevrons. So that's what I went with!


This is a card using stamping and wet embossing in various ways:
1. Stamp + wet embossing with stamped image
2. Stamp + wet embossing with an embossing folder
3. Stamp + wet embossing with a stencil. 

Don’t think I’ve used all three methods on one card before!
 I’ve been stamping with embossing since 1990, so a few years :D it still fascinates me.
As I'm playing with wet embossing, first use embossing buddy on plain white card (see how to make one here). Next apply Versamark to top side of Darice Chevron embossing folder (gift from Scrappy Mo - thanks Mo!) very generously, dry emboss, add embossing gold powder and heat emboss.
Plain snippety piece of card, gold embossed to do border scalloped die cuts with my scalloped rectangle die. One day must buy a scallop border, but these do work fine!
Added the two pieces of scallop to border on Chevron folder piece.
Next stamped Hero Arts Background stamp, Flowing Flowers and Leaves, with Versamark then gold heat embossed (used Stampendous Fine detail Gold). As my Coral sheet was textured the stamping was textured. I really loved this, it reminded me of the Victorian era wallpaper, William Morris used this colour with gold. Cut it into a large SB circle and added gold embossed large SB scallop circle die underneath.
Here I am at the "well, have these, what next stage?" next step was thought of as a late night idea, after prayer.
Next day, took a Stamping up mask bought recently on eBay (set of stripes and spots, I really bought it for the stripes). Had a snippet of vellum left over from previous card, and was big enough for background of the card 5 x 7" base. Used embossing buddy generously, then added small square Versamark in the spots.
Next added generous layer of Gold embossing powder (scrap paper underneath to catch the embossing powder).
Doesn't this have punch!!! I love it.
 Vellum can be tricky to adhere if nowhere to hide tape, but no worry of that here.
So adhered it to base, THEN added the chevron strip + stamped circle.






 Don't have much in way of die and stamp sets but bought this one from Simon Says this year, a prayer and hugs set, I love it. I worked out if you try to die cut before stamping it is harder to match, the die matches easily if you do it after stamping. Match it up on stamped image, tape it on with invisible tape and cut.

"prayers" is cut three times, the two white ones have double-sided tape on the back, attach for extra dimension underneath the gold die cut.
Here's a close up of all that embossing! Triple-wrapped some gold edged twine around the chevron piece before attaching.
The assembled card - hopefully it meets the challenge requirements. I enjoyed making it and as I used snippets am off to the playground too. YAY!
Next to the shots from Oz. We're in summer downunder, and the birds were enjoying the nectar from this coral coloured bottle brush outside our kitchen window. Firstly is a Blue faced Honey eater and next the noisy Lorikeet.


Lastly - found out last night our pineapple is sprouting again (isn't it cute?), this is the top from our first baby, now growing a pineapple too! It is a brommeliad. To see our earlier pineapples progress and planting of this top - see here.
Well, I'm delighted to welcome three new wonderful encouragers of this blog ..
Wow! these do some imaginative stamping and card making!
You will learn much from these clever crafters.. a pleasure to visit..
.... so do pop over to their blogs and give them some encouragement! 

Thanks so much everyone for popping over and saying hi!
And may God bless your day (and especially your Christmas, as we remember Jesus' birth) wherever you may be!
... and dont forget to pop over and join in Bec's Anything Goes December challenge .. you might win the prize :D
Shaz in Oz.x

**"Therefore the LORD Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a Son, and shall call His Name Immanuel.
( Immanuel means "God with us."
(Isaiah 7:14).

**This verse above was written 800 BC, over 800 years before Christ, and just one of many true prophecies which accurately foretold His coming.

 Joining up with: 
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au 
2. Di's snippets Challenge    http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/  
3. Stamping Sensations - Floral Fantasies. http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2016/12/december-floral-fancies.html

47 comments:

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Shaz! Thanks so much for the welcome too.
Hugs,
Em xxx

brenda said...

Great artwork Shaz, I can tell you enjoyed this one. And I always love seeing photos of your locality, everything so very different to our Country with all your exotic plants and birds, not forgetting those Ocean waves of course. Always makes me remember how wonderful Nature really is, easy to forget and take things for granted.

I hope you have a blessed and peaceful Christmas.

B x

Betsy said...

Shaz your cardmakinig always seems so complicated to me but the results are so beautiful. I especially like this one. Prayer. The most important thing we can do is keep in contact with our Heavenly Father. Your summer photos are also amazing to me. I can't imagine having a Lorikeet outside my window. I love this. I hope you have a wonderfully blessed day and a very Happy Christmas.
Blessings,
Betsy

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card, I think it's perfect for tha challenge! Love your stenciled embossing and all the layers! Beautiful photos on nature's beauty!

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card and love the colours and design.

Kath x

sharon said...

Fabulous card Shaz, you have lots of amazing ideas. Always thinking outside of the box:)
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.
hugs
sharon :)

Craftychris said...

Wow! You card is an embossing triumph, it's absolutely gorgeous, thank you for the tutorial - brilliant! Fab photos too! xxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Shaz! Wishing you success with your GD application! You've got a winner here in my books! Your card is gorgeous! Love the pink and gold together! Wonderful interpretation of the inspiration photo! Also enjoyed seeing your photographs! You live in such a beautiful part of the world! Wishing you all the best over the holidays and into 2017!

Helen said...

Happy WOYWW - love the card with all that embossing, it really packs a punch. Hope you have a very Happy Christmas. Helen #1

kiwimeskreations said...

Shaz your card is amazing - love your colours and patterns. You are such a blessing,and I get inspired by your work.
Your garden photos are beautiful - as are the birds
Christmas greetings and blessings
Maxine

craftyani said...

Gosh some seriously good artwork here must come back and visit later to take it all in. Love the embossing I don't do enough of it. See you later in the meantime May you experience the joy of Christmas and a Peaceful 2017 to you and your family. Ani xx

Kathyk said...

Lovely step by step pix and your card is lovely

Seasons Greetings and Happy WOYWW

Kathyk
#8

Anne said...

A beautiful card Shaz - love it and interesting to see how you achieved it. Someone bought my husband a bottle brush plant but sadly it didn't survive too long - guess too cold here?
I wish you and your family a peaceful and joyful Christmas. Anne x #13

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love your nature pics because it's so interesting to see what goes on Down Under! The card is fab too, so good to see how it's made.
Thanks for all the fun and friendship this year Shaz - wishing you health and happiness for a wonderful 2017!
Hugs, LLJ 15 xxxxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, love the card, and your detailed 'how to'. I always appreciate people blogging how they did something. Sometimes you can sort of visually deconstruct, but not always. Your bird pics are great- I know since a zoo visit just how noisy lorikeets are! Sending wishes for a very Happy & Peaceful Christmas from us both, Many hugs, Shaz #7 xx

Barb said...

Wow Shaz your card is absolutely gorgeous and I loved seeing how it was made. The photos are great and what an amazing bird! Sending my love and wishes for a very happy and peaceful Christmas. Barbxx

lisa said...

Hi Shaz. It's great to be back with you all again. I'm sure I've missed so much so forgive me. Your card is beautiful, all those stages were definitely worth it.
And I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed seeing your photos. It amazes me that you can actually grow real pineapples, such a joy.
Hope you have a lovely Festive period and here's to a peaceful 2017.
Hugs Lisa #23

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. Thanks for visiting already. What a lovely card - and imagine being able to grow your own pineapples!!! What fun.
Do take care of yourself and have a truly lovely Christmas as you celebrate the coming of our Saviour.
God bless.
Margaret #11

LilArtsyWoman said...

Gorgeous card and technique on how to make one myself. You do beautiful work.

Sharon said...

Beautiful card! You used a lot of different techniques on that one. Love all your bright pictures - lovely to see things growing.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #25

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, Fab card.

How lovely to have such beautiful birds visiting.

Your plant is lovely as well.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #16

Annie said...

Ive just finished my mince pies and decorating the Christmas cake so thought I'd catch up on a few blogs.
I just want to say thank you for another year of fun and friendship and to wish you a very happy Christmas and here's hoping 2017 comes with good health so we can all enjoy lots of crafty fun together.
Hugs,
Annie x # 12

Lindart said...

Wow-I am so impressed - that card is fantastic with all the elements and layers! Your creative process was working overtime on that one! I love seeing the beautiful Australian flowers and colorful birds- to think you have them just flying around outside! The most colorful birds we have here are Cardinals - bright red. The rest are brown, black, and a combination of brown, black, spots and stripes. We do have bright yellow Goldfinches, rarely, and our hummingbirds are pretty, but try as i might, I can't get any to come to our yard! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas! Lindart #28

Christine said...

What a beautiful card! Love that way you have put it all together.
I am determined to visit everyone this week if only to say ...
Have a good Christmas, lots of hugs and laughter.
Christine #29

Unknown said...

Hello Shaz. Oh my the card is trully beautiful and love all the technique that has gone into it. loving the picture of the bird and congrats on your baby pineapple. Have a very Merry Christmas Hugs~Anne L#2

Brenda said...

Wow, beautiful card Sharon! I love the colors and shapes. It all came together beautifully! Oh my love the birds and of the pineapple! I would love to grow a pineapple, sounds like so much fun and so yummy too. lol Might have to give it a try this spring/summer. Not sure if we have a long enough summer for it, but it will be fun to try. Hugs, Brenda

RosA said...

Hi Shaz,
Very nice card! I love the gold embossing on the coral. (I have a love/hate relationship with embossing.)

Angela said...

Hello Shaz,

What a fabulous post, I really enjoyed reading your tutorial, some great suggestions for embossing techniques. And your finished card is beautiful. I also loved your bird photographs, such stunning colours.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a peaceful New Year.

Best wishes,

Angela x
#26

Nikki said...

Beautiful Card Shaz and good luck on the DT call :) Like all the embossing on it too
Merry Christmas
Hugs Nikki 6

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card, love it. I so love your photos too. Have fun and Merry Christmas, Angela xXx 14

Di said...

Wonderful work Shaz - you captured the essence of the inspiration photo so well!

Hugs

Di xx

April said...

Your card is lovely. Pink and gold go beautifully together. And I so enjoy your pictures. Everything is so colorful.
April #32

sandra de said...

Stunning card Shaz, It should meet the requirements and win as it is stunning. Wishing you a wonderful christmas.
sandra de

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Shaz, I love all of the gold that you used. Great photos too. Happy Christmas.

Sue xx

Conniecrafter said...

Such a pretty design you came up with using the picture, how neat to have used all the techniques on the card too!!
Lovely pictures too!

Ginny Maxam said...

Shaz this Card is really beautiful, I love all your detailed elements especially the gold embossed coral! So nice to see this type of old school craftsmanship! Truly a work of Heart and Art! Hugs, Ginny and thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! So much work went into that card. I can see why you can get lost along the way. I often change something out at the last minute that then removes me from the challenge (like I decide to take the ribbon off and then realize that the challenge called for ribbon). Anywho... your card is gorgeous. I really enjoyed the photos of the colorful birdies as well. It is very gray here lately so a spot of color is just what I needed.

Viv said...

Lovely project Shaz -thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Have a wonderful Christmas. x

Neet said...

You do that triple embossing so neatly. Am sure I would have bits all over the card if I tried it. It has made a beautiful card and I love the idea of three diecuts together - I do that too.
Thinking of you and yours and wishing you all the best for the season and the New Year as you celebrate the birth of Jesus.
Hugs, Neet (thanks for the visit and yes, I am fine today)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....this is one fabulous card. Love that you take photos so we can have a step by step. Just beautiful. Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

Hey Shaz! Thanks for stopping on over last week! So happy to see that your desk is full of creativity. Love that card!! My space is a complete mess. No worries though.
Would like to wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season. ♥ Full of joy and peacefulness.
xo
Michelle

Darnell said...

This is spectacular, Shaz! Thank you so much for the fascinating photo tute of how your lovely creation came to be! And well done using so many snippets! I also loved the nature photos - congrats on the baby pineapple!! Wishing you all the best in the new year! Hugs, Darnell

Sally H said...

A beautiful embossed card for our floral challenge this month, Shaz! Wonderful photos too - a lovely contrast to the grey weather here! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and Good Luck!

scrappymo! said...

Sending hugs and Prayers so so beautiful. It has such a wonderful design...really like this one, Shaz!

PS Yes, my new address is the Langley one. Hopefully the owners of our old house will return the mail but they do not speak English so perhaps not!

Happy New Year!

Carol said...

Love all your cards Shaz, Plenty of techniques involved in each one. Beautiful, Love Carol x

Aileen said...

Such a beautiful creation Shaz, I love it. All that gold, dots and embossing and zig zags. love it.

Jo Ann said...

Wonderful embossing techniques done in this creation. Sorry for the late comment. I would like to invite you to link with us again for our first Challenge this year at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with the encouragement found in 1 John 4:18-19 which tells us, "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us." Have a blessed day!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...