Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 25 December 2018

Christmas Day 2018 + WOYWW #499 (Day early )

   I love Christmas, I realise not everyone does, but even when I am sad, all Christmas things make me smile. 
Most of all for me as a Christian is the Christ of Christmas that makes me smile. We really dont know when Christ was born and to be honest it doesn't really matter (if it did, we would know).
 I like the scripture of Christmas to be on my cards so use a lot of digis. This blue background, so effective but so simple. Snippet of silver gloss with royal blue alcohol ink and blending solution, overlaid with crumpled cling wrap. Used my snippets gift of Nativityscape, which I so love!
The reason I love this verse below is because it gives the real reason of Christ's coming. 
He came to be our Saviour from our sin. He paid the penalty so we didnt have to.. if we but believe on Him by faith.
Christmas is a picture of love.. true LOVE.
John an apostle , who wrote these words, was an eyewitness to Jesus ministry, His death, to His resurrection and in His appearances for 40 days afterwards, including His ascension to heaven. An eyewitness who saw much more than this.
 Jesus Was born to die, and rise again.
One day as He promised He is coming again. 
Will we be ready for Him?
So many at His birth, His first coming, were not ready.
Now to the desk shots... for WOYWW or What is on Your Workdesk Wednesday. So let's look at desks of the world with Julia of The Stamping Ground HERE .. to my desk(s).
 Using Emboss resist technique. Fern is Elusive Images stamp about 6 years or so old. Ink DI Antique linen base colour, then Tumbled Glass + Cracked Pistachio on ink blending mat. Cards a request pressie, shown below in two colourways. "Just for you" Sue Wilson die and Scallop Edge is a CCD.
Here's the completed cards!
And here's a surprise in mail on Christmas eve! From Jo (or Twiglet). Isn't that one amazing card? Love robins! And one of Tilly Tea Dance's sheep pictures. 
Don't you love it? I do!!! Sooo cute. Reminds me I'm a little lost sheep and the Lord Jesus the Good Shepherd came to find me! Thank you Jo and Maxine! 
Adore your handiwork! 
Look what my crafty friend sent me?! Aren't they droolworthy!
I am so very blessed of God!
Now some Aussie pickies to close:
These pretty parrots are called galahs and they're seed eaters .. I notice they leave the verge across the road unmowed for longer these days. Below is a glorious sunset. You can see rips in those waves.
Praying every blessing upon all who read this, especially those who may have some missing faces at their table for Christmas. 
Our Father God cares and I pray you may seek His comfort at such times.
"..Great tidings of comfort and Joy."
Hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

I'd like to link up to:
WOYWW on Wednesday, over at Julia's http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/?m=1

26 comments:

loz said...

Fabulous cards Shaz. I love the beautiful cards you received also. What is the technique you used with the cling wrap called. I would like to give this a try..have a very Happy Christmas and a great 2019..Hugs Loz&TeddyB

Betsy said...

Merry, Merry Christmas and God’s blessings on you this Christmas Shaz. Thank you for sharing with us today. My prayer this Christmas is for all to remember why we celebrate this season.
Blessings, Betsy

Mrs A. said...

Just popping in to wish you a Happy Christmas. hugs Mrs A.

Barb said...

Really beautiful cards Shaz. The background on your Nativity card is splendid. Barbxx

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

May the magic of Christmas fill your heart with warmth and love.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Shaz! So sorry I didn't have time to get back to you on WOYWW last week - but looks like I may be the first WOYWWer visiting this week being a day early - those cards are simply exquisite! Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas with your family! xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Merry Christmas Shaz! I love all things Christmassy too :-D. That fern card is gorgeous, I love the colours in the background and the fern stamp itself...beautiful.
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

God Bless you Shaz and a belated Merry Christmas. The fern cards are beautiful, I will be using that colour combination for sure. Happy New Year and thanks for your visit. Sarah #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh gosh Shaz, your missing face at the table comment caught in my throat, yesterday was lovely for sure, but ...........
I love the ferns card, that sudden revelation part of resist embossing is still as attractive to my crafting gene as the whole heat embossing thing! Thank you for your beautiful card, it’s been much admired - I always have the handmade ones in a particular area because guests like to particularly see the ‘crafty ones’!

Helen said...

Happy Christmas Shaz! I love your cards and the joy you take in celebrating Christmas. It is always sad that there are faces missing at the table (especially when you get to my age) but hope you were able to enjoy the day. Helen #6

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, and Happy Christmas. Your fab card arrived a few days ago, and very much appreciated the enclosed pages. I love the cards, and your comment further down about leaving verges uncut for longer seems to be something thats being done over here too- all about letting wildflowers have a chance to seed and bloom, which is long overdue.Those Altenew pads look great, I have seen Jennifer Macguire using them, and she's a huge fan of them. Love & Hugs from us both, Shaz #10 XxX

Diane said...

Very pretty scene you have created!!! Thank you for joining out challenge at Dies R us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

WOW ... just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Christmas’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Conniecrafter said...

Love your blue sky behind the nativity!! Love the cards you made with your fern stamps.
Pretty sunset and love the blue in the water

Christine said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you so much.
Wishing you many more Blessings in 2019, may you continue to carry out the Great Commission in your beautiful way.
Blessings
Christine #13

Brenda said...

Merry CHRISTmas Sis!!! I love this post my friend and how true it is! Christmas can be so sad for many people and even though it wasn't a good time for me when I was growing up, I never let all the bad things effect the goodness of Christmas and it's true meaning. Christmas makes me smile as well. I also wanted to thank you for your beautiful card and the letter and tribute to your dad, so beautifully done and gave me the chills as I read the whole thing. So happy your dad passed knowing the Lord and passed in such peace. Love the beautiful card you have made, the scene is just beautiful against the blue background you have created. Yes, I am drooling over those Altenew inks. lol Loving those beautiful colors! The Aussie shots are just as beautiful too! You do live in a beautiful area!!! Hugs, Brenda

Lynn Holland said...

What a beautiful post Shaz. I wish you well for the new year to come
Lynn xx

Pia S said...

Love what you’ve made with the stamped fearns. I do like this styke, would have made a great fabric pattern too!

Heather M said...

Happy Christmas Shaz. 30 years since my mother passed, and I still consider her a missing face at Christmas. I now have lovely grandchildren to fill the empty seats, but I still miss mum. Your post and cards are beautiful, and I feel very blessed to have met you this year. Have a lovely week Heather x #14

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi , I know this is a bit late but also know you wont mind. So love those embossed leaves, gorgeous cards. Just got back from parents. Hope your Christmas has been full of joy. Happy woyww, Angela x18x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Shaz, there are always mixed emotions at Christmas time for me but always a thought for those that were close but no longer around to share the day. I know they are watching down on me and I carry them around in my heart.
Always something on the go and some crafty make to share with us, I adore those fern cards. Wishing you all the very best for 2019 & Happy woyww.
Take good care now creative wishes Tracey #7

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards Shaz, both those you have received and those you made! Love your photos... the rips on that beach are real!!
Blessings
Maxine

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, Lovely cards.

Robin and sheep cards are fab.

Lovely photos.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the festive period.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #2

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful nativity Christmas Card. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
Kathy
DRU DT

Neet said...

What beautiful cards you have for our delight Shaz, both made by you and received. Love that sheep picture from Maxine - it is just like the one I have, which I adore.
I love the message from Jesus, So heartfelt and has me in tears. Can't say any ore.
Hugs, Neet xx

aussie aNNie said...

Love this technique and great results. Belated Merry Christmas and I hope it was Blessed with all the goodness for the coming new year.
big hugs.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...