Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 20 February 2019

CAS Stencil + CAS Christmas + Twofer Challenges + WOYWW

Well, hoping to knock off a few challenges today! But as it's Wednesday it desky share time.  For WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday! Pop over for desks of World at Queen of desks - Julia's! ...my desk this Wednesday! Yes, I'm AWOL! 
Tough spot to be in, eh? Someone has to do it! Great swim this morning! Very blessed..
However in the best form.. here is one (or two) I prepared earlier! 😊
 So  knocking off a few challenges... Darnell's Twofer challenge had stars, so used mask from MB with glitter paste on one piece with Brushos and versamark and silver EP on other. Two very different backgrounds.
 The Brushos and stencil was with Loll's CAS stencil challenge. However unlike videos I watched the idea of adding excess water over it didn't work in keeping brusho into just stencil glitter paste area so tried second piece below. Only added limited spritz on Mixed Media paper and it worked really well.
Did tape it down all way and sprayed hair spray on stencil to seal it to paper better. And only sprayed a few times and lifted quickly. That worked well no residue. Found tip on Splitcoast when doing technique reseach. Finished Twofer below. 
Made one into Christmas card for CAS Christmas card challenge which is peace. Hence Peace diecut.
 Impression obsession nativity triple layered with Peace die. Background paper from bunch flowers, hologram silver mirri card is snippets.
Off to Snippets Playground!! Yay!
Will add a small happy birthday or thinking of you or thank you to finish this Friend card.
Was planning to make this a Threefer and brought this almost done card out here to complete! But alas! one piece around "B" is missing so will have to wait till home to complete now.. not to worry. Will just recut another piece of similar coloured brusho. Enough bits at home! That's the back of cereal packet originally the green piece.
Now to Aussie shots. It was a full moon out here last night.. first taken at 6pm second at 8pm. Simply beautiful.
Thank you to those praying for the fires north. Thankfully they are all under control. However 19 homes were lost in this fire alone, plus farm buildings fencing crops etc. So sad especially as deliberately lit on total fire ban day. 😑
Thanks for popping over for peek and chat and may God bless your day wherever you may be. 
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x
a thought to close.. 
Love this passage at the end of Thessalonians. Pithy little needful exhortations. Rejoice! Pray! Give thanks always! Secret to contentment. Need each one...
(Latest blog post "Comfort one Another" other blog HERE.)
I'd like to link over with:
2. Snippets link above in post.

39 comments:

Helen said...

Your link went to your other blog but glad I found you as these cards are gorgeous! I am glad you are having fun at the beach! Helen #1

Claire said...

I love that we watch the same moon from different sides of the world... Love the starry backgrounds on your wonderful cards!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 2

Sarah Brennan said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz. The green Brusho background is fabulous even if not the one you originally planned. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Cathy said...

Wonderful cards Shaz and wonderful photos of your local area too, Cathy x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful photos and great artwork cards. I love stars.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Nope, I'm not jealous of your swim in that azure sea...no sirree. Ok , I lied!! Our sea is lovely at the moment but maybe not for a dip quite yet.... Great cards, I do like the stars/friend one very much.
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Neet said...

Love your Aussie photos, but then I always do.
your cards are superb and I just fell in love with the green sheet with the stars on, it was such a rich green. But then I saw the one with the nativity scene when it was made up into a card and I thought how beautiful it was. As always Shaz, some beautiful work.
God Bless
Neet xx

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, a super post with so many lovely pics and cards. Love the twofer cards. Great shots of the super moon. Have a wonderful week.. Megan

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, gorgeous moon photos. Loving the cards,, glad you found a way to do the technique there. SCS is great for tutorials, I agree. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #15 X

J said...

Hi Shaz, stunning photos especially with the moon shining on the water, looks like you've been super busy and a great set of cards too. I've been watching youtube recently to use gel beads seems I've had them for years without touching them.
Have a great week
Jan no18

Diana Taylor said...

Your cards are gorgeous and I love the backgrounds you made - the vivid green one is quite stunning. Beautiful shots of the moon - very atmospheric.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana x #14

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wonderful star cards! Very creative. I always enjoy your pretty scenery photographs.

Anne said...

Get inky then wash off in the sea....yup! Someone has to do it....

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw gorgeous cards Shaz, again some great tips. Bet Darnell will love these for her challenge, I must admit to being a bit stumped till I saw your lovely colourful stars! Lovely Australia shots, I hope your time away is rejuvenating. I read your post on the other link, can’t agree more. I find grief just washes over you like a wave...and always come from behind so you don’t expect it’s strength.

Annie said...

I'm not a jealous person but a swim in your lovely warm sea does look very inviting. Love the background pieces and the cards you've made using them.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Happy Dance said...

These are two wonderful, starry cards, Shaz. I do like what you've done with your stars. Beautiful Christmas card in shimmery silvers, and a sweet 'friend' card in bright reds and yellows. So glad you could join us at the Twofer Challenge this month. Bev

Betsy said...

Good Morning Shaz! I love that you used a cereal box for your cards. I don’t understand card making g at all but I love that you can reuse things. So glad to hear that the fires are out but saddened to hear of the loss of property and animals. Fires are horrible. Wishing you a most wonderful day my sweet sister. Many blessings always, Betsy

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, Glad the fires are under control. Hope they lock the person who started them away for a long time.

Your cards are lovely.

Thanks for sharing your [photos. Beautiful as always.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #12

Lynne in NI said...

Fab starry cards and gorgeous photos - you are so lucky to be able to swim at such a beautiful beach ... I don't think I'd be brave enough for the coldness of the Irish sea!

oldpunca said...

Wonderful cards with stars. I like them all. But friend card is my favourite. We share the same moon all over the world. :-)
Hugs, Sonja

Claire said...

Lovely cards especially with the Nativity Scene, its so very serene and poignant. You are very lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world, gorgeous photos x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, great photos as usual and it's lovely to see other parts of the world it makes us feel much closer. Loving your cards too. I especially like the green background with the stars, gorgeous card. Have a lovely woyww, Angela x13x

nancy littrell said...

Thank you for sharing all your cards, Shaz. So pleased you added your Brushos Stenciled card to our CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, your cards are beautiful, the green one with the stars is gorgeous. And your photos are beautiful, what a lovely place to live. Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier, yes the Moonie stocking is here to stay. We will explain to her when she is older. Have a lovely week, Heather x #17

loz said...

Your cards and technique are so Beautiful Shaz..Loz

Darnell said...

Wasn't that moon extraordinary? Your photos are magnificent, Shaz. Thank you for sharing! I love both your creative starry backgrounds and how you turned them into your great cards! Your Threefer is beautiful, too, and it will be good as new once you get home! Enjoy the beach and thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #13! Hugs, Darnell

Marit said...

The full 'snow-moon' was beautiful in the Dutch sky too... I love your starry cards, awesome! And near the sea is the place to be,isn't it? I'm glad I live near the North sea and can go there on my bike any time I like... enjoy! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday, have a great day. Love from Holland, Marit #16

Conniecrafter said...

Love the results from using the brusho's and your stencils. The mirror card with the nativity is gorgeous too!
Looks like you are having wonderful weather, love the moon shots too, love when it reflects on the water like that.
Good news to hear the fires are under control, I can't imagine being the person responsible for all that destruction, so sad.

Loll said...

What a beautiful place to get away, Shaz! Have a wonderful time and thanks for sharing the pictures!

You were very busy before you left to get all these cards done for challenges. Very artsy and beautiful ... each and every one. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge, CAS Stencil, and CAS Christmas. xx

Brenda said...

Sigh, yes a tough spot to be in but someone has to do it! Glad you are having lovely swims! Your twofers are amazing and so beautiful! Love the beautiful backgrounds you have created with the brusho's. Something I'm still not very good with, but need to keep practicing. I also don't have many, but I think that is ok as we use what we have! Love the stenciling too-that turned out beautifully. Your threefer is beautiful too and once you get your "b" bit in it will be ready to go! Now I must apologize to you and say Happy Birthday to you Sharon! I wanted to get a card in the mail, but didn't. Either I've been under the weather or the weather has been to nasty to go out to the mailbox. Sigh, but my thoughts were with you on your birthday and maybe I will get a late card in the mail. Yes, we had our "super snow" moon too. Not sure why we are naming them now, but yeah, there you go. it was a super snow moon for us. Really?! lol Love your photo's as always! Hugs, Brenda

Di said...

Great cards and photos Shaz - you really are so lucky to live close to the ocean. Wonderful snippets card, I do love the Nativity scene on Christmas cards.

Slowly improving here but won't be 'clog dancing' just yet!! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Lindart said...

I love seeing how you made your backgrounds, what worked and what didn't, and then the cards that you made with the background. I really like the two-fer challenge, I should try them more often! Thanks for your visit, sorry I'm late - work Wednesday, & bed rest yesterday, so that I can work today! Have a great week, Lindart #25

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I love looking at your cards and your lovely photos. You are so lucky to be so closes to the sea. xxx Maggie #22

Julia Aston said...

Lovely star cards - so pretty with the yellow stars and red trimmings on your CAS Stencil card - and what gorgeous photos - a wonderful spot to be for sure! thank you for joining us in the CAS Stencil challenge! xx

Kelly said...

For someone AWOL you sure got some stuff going before you left. LOL Thanks for sharing the pics. Creative Blessings! Kelly #20

Bonnie said...

Beautiful stars, Shaz! Love that Nativity die! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas! Looks like a wonderful vacation.

MiamiKel said...

OH your blog is a delight! It's so nice to meet you! Thank you for stopping by my blog, Shaz, and now I am a new follower! I love your star cards - each one so unique and beautifully designed! I live in South Florida (Miami) and have that same beach in the backyard! Gorgeous photos. Have a great weekend!

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous cards, great use of the star stencil. Emma

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, precious sis, it's wonderful to see the beauty where you live! We too live near the coast with glorious weather. So glad you had a lovely swim, and thanks for sharing the photos and especially the sunset...such bits of beauty are just a glimpse of what we shall see some day...forever! I am so sorry about the loss due to the fires. I know a friend who helps fight them, and it's so sad. Praying that all will be well soon and fires will be out. I love seeing what's on your desk no matter when, and you are so amazing and such a blessing, sweet sister! Hugs and love...and keep swimming! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...