Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 28 February 2020

Scrappy Mo's Christmas Card Challenge, Butterflies + Snippets Playground! Yay!

Hi there everyone, can’t believe it’s nearly March, one sixth of year - gone!!
The second Rudolph Day of 2020, is almost over at Scrappy Mo’s - 25th to 29th Feb, funny having leap year isn’t it? Also Friday so popping over to join in with Annie's Friday Smiles!
No desk this week, not much commenting done either so didn’t join in WOYWW. Time is not waiting for me, a beautiful  summer in Oz and life is very, very busy. Was away last week, so catch up this week!
Only one card this time.
All snippets bar the base. The lovely wreath topper was off a last year’s card, it had red glittery touches so added the similar red glitter card to base, also red glitter base to verse. The beautiful verse is one of Karen’s from Word Art Wednesday digis, and it was only a snippet from an A4 sheet of printed verses (must do some more, nearly out).
Love God’s Word on God’s Son’s birth celebration cards. The angels did sing tidings of great comfort and joy... to lowly shepherds in the field, curiously not to wandering kings on camels, coming with gifts for the King of Kings.God loves to honour the lowly. Hence a lowly shepherd lad became a king, King David.
The embossing folder is A6 one from CB Winter wonderland set.
Second card is inspired by one of Loll’s, see here, (issue is Loll used single fairly open  image with matched dies, I had neither), fairly poor CASE, I think. However, know my friend who loves purple and also butterflies will love it. It’s her birthday today, happy birthday, Jen! Gold embossed stamps - flowers, butterfly and greeting is from Sweet 'n Sassy Floral Greeting set by Gracielle Designs. Coloured in Tombows with shimmer.
Now to Aussie photos, firstly two down at the Jetty not walking as much as like but get there sometimes.
I swim down this end of Jetty where grass heads are also picturesque. Love the lights on these. Last one is of a rather boring grey bird on walk to Jetty post office to post some mail.
This grey bird is cheeky fellow, a Butcher bird, they're a small member of kingfisher family, but they have the most amazing repertoire in their music, love their call. Listen here! It really makes me smile! (Link here if video doesn't work)
We have a pair in our yard. Rather cheeky on my clothes line following me expecting meat. No, not from me, provide native plants, a clean full bird bath, with garden full of worms. Hunt their own, I tell them.
Well, that’s me for the day, I’m sorry if not good at getting around, I’m trying my best, and will catch up on some.
Hope you’re keeping well, and pray God’s keeping upon you and all those you love. 
Hugs and prayers, Shaz in Oz.x
Thought of the day:

Well, this verse has long been favourite of mine, in fact Isaiah is fav. book one of mine.
However, this verse, very very often has the last part of the verse and YE WOULD NOT” is left off. 
This is whole Verse:
 “For thus saith the Lord God, 
the Holy One of Israel; 
In returning and rest shall ye be saved;
 in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: 
and ye would not.
Yes, the returning and rest, quietness and confidence are our strength!
 .. but not if we would NOT! 
Oh Lord, please keep us usefully surrendered to Your ways, not ours!
*****
Linking up to the following:
1. Butterfly Challenge Of six elements, I chose butterfly, thistle colour (pale mauve) teal green (on very inside of leaves), with two of something - flowers stamped out, then part fussy cut twice.  

21 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Both cards are lovely! That bird is something! I wonder how it gets it’s name. It certainly is chatty.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely cards, Shaz!! The purple one catches my eyes, it's just wonderful with your colouring on the flowers!
Thanks so much for the video of that little bird with his amazing voice! :D Adorable!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, lovely post - I'm typing this with your Butcher bird singing in the background - delighful. Great photos too and your cards are beautiful. Have a lovely weekend. Elizabeth xx

Betsy said...

Good Morning Shaz! Your cards are lovely, but you know me, that purple one is my favorite. It's stunning and I know your friend will be thrilled to have it.
I listened tot he video and loved hearing the little bird. I'm glad he comes to visit you. I have been praying that the Lord will heal you in His time. I'm sorry you've still not felt well my dear sister. May He bless you and keep you, may He make His face to shine upon you and give you peace.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Annie said...

It's so lovely to see you linking up with the smiles this week. I can always find something to make me smile on your blog....your cards, your wonderful country pics and that bird :-) :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Sarn said...

Lovely wreath on your RUDOLPH DAY card Shaz.

Pretty purple card with lovely flowers too.

Have had to relocate to the Playground Treehouse as Miss Di searched the back of the Bike Shed and confiscated some booty! Still got plenty to share from my satchel though. Come join the fun.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, Shaz. Thanks for sharing the photos, what a cute little bird and it sings such a gorgeous song. xx

loz said...

Fabulous cards Shaz. Love the Butcher bird video. Sounds like they are singing..loz

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

Helen x

Lisca said...

Hello Shaz, long time no see.
I'm so enjoying your butcher bird video. I'm playing it as I type. It's beautiful. Thank you so much for posting that. Made my day!
Your cards are gorgeous. It's a good idea to make card throughout the year in stead of all in a panic at the last minute.
The Isaiah verse is wonderful. We are reading Isaiah again and did chapter 28 today (with a book of commentaries). So on Sunday I will be reading 'your' verse.
Have a great weekend,
God bless,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz. I'm very late tonight so will come back tomorrow to have a good look at the bird video, looks interesting. Happy weekend, Angela xXx

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Shaz - as ever.. your attention to detail really shines through in these lovely makes.
Loved the video - the call of the Butcher Bird makes up for their nondescript appearance.
Thank you for joining us at the current Word Art Wednesday Challenge with these delightful cards
Blessings
Maxine
WAW DT

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

{Wonderful Words of Life - God has not given us a Spirit of Fear}

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow Shaz what a beautiful wreath on your Christmas card. Thank you for joining in with the February Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sue xx

Brenda said...

I can't believe it is nearly March either Sharon, I hope your birthday month was a good one for you! I am ready for spring around here, but it will be a little bit yet. You need to just enjoy summer as much as you can as the days go by way to fast anyway. Glad you got away last week! Your Christmas card is just beautiful! I am so loving that wreath and couldn't wait to read how you did it. Then I saw it was recycled, I would have recycled it too! It makes a beautiful new card!! Your scripture is perfect of course for a Christmas card. I need to check out Word Art Wednesday. I think years ago I got digi's from there, but then must have changed email's or something because I'm not "following" anymore and had forgotten about them. Your second card is equally as beautiful as Loll's is. I can't CAS Loll at all, she is way to elegant and I'm not. lol But you are Sharon and this is a beautiful CAS-your friend will love it! Love the Oz shots and the bird sings so beautifully. I wouldn't mind hearing him in my yard. I so love hearing the birds in the spring and summer. When I was young and wanted to sleep I hated when they sang. Now I'm old and love it. Funny how that works! Hugs, Brenda

mamapez5 said...

Our paths haven't crossed for a while. It is lovely to hear from you again. I love both your cards, especially the wreath with that lovely verse at the base. I like my Christmas cards to carry the 'right' message too. I don't always manage it but mine do at least always have a relevant text inside.
That bird song is amazing. Kate x

Di said...

Love both cards Shaz! Wonderful upcycling on your snippets card - and the birdsong is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Hope you manage to take a peek at the Snippets Playground post this Sunday!

Love

Di xx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a fabby wreath and thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge, sorry for the late leaving of a comment, only I forgot February was a short month ;-), Luv Sam x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mrs A comment. Accidentally deleted this!!!

" What a sensational looking card. I love the embossed flowers against that purple background. So nice to see you joining in . Thankyou for coming and spinning the wheel with me. Hope you are staying safe and well in all that bad weather your country has been experiencing. Hugs Mrs A."

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hello there, Shaz! I am so happy that you have been getting out and about and enjoying your summer. I love your cards, so detailed and well-made as always. Purple's my fave color but I also love that you re-used the wreath image.

Gorgeous scenery pics. Hope you are doing well health-wise and stress be damned! That's always my goal, hehe. XOXO

scrappymo! said...

That birdsong is fabulous and so is your card. Well worth upcycling indeed!

Sorry I am so late getting round to visiting. Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...