Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 3 January 2024

Lunar pastes,+ 3D Embossing folders, Serviette Card, WOYWW, NBUS, Snippets

 Warning! Photo overload!

 Well, here is 2024! That happened in a blink?!! now rocketing through the 2020's, I decided, God helping me, was going to blog once a month. So here is January! I am not sure how long it will last. 

As it is Wednesday & is desk day! See "What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday", over HERE 😁 at Julia's .. so where’s my desk!?

This morning I was doing some old fashioned stamping with a Stamp-a-ma-jig, even though using an unmounted stamp (a very annoyingly made unmounted stamp - crooked on front image to back, but beautiful so I persist). Doing the old way is safer in having it straight, and shock horror! I'm making Christmas cards for 2024. I don't want to be as behind this year - last year was appalling. Next desk!


This is yesterday's desk, with Mister 14, we had great fun playing with lunar pastes, brayered on with embossing folders and die cuts, these are four cards he made! three with blue green lunar paste and deep blue solar paste for extra brilliance on turquoise, and purple orange and ? on other card. Dies all disc. but two folders 3D are NBUS & first use, floral (poppy stamps) and geometric Altenew folder (two cards on last image)
Desk no 3!

Now to my cards since last shared, quite a few. Some are remakes, needed a number of cards for a present for a very special lady, but first one is complete NBUS as used spectrum noir iridescent pens - see above desk, with a Poppy Stamps 3D Marigold Embossing folder. Both were Christmas presents. Saw technique on this video HERE, but I don't have right gold ink so did it on gold frosted cardstock, much easier. 😆



These are card techniques have been done before, some watercolor and stencil techniques. Designs though are slightly different to previous shares. 

Last two cards are out of my snippets drawer for “cards in a hurry”, the gumleaf birthday is a serviette card (alas only had one of these serviettes sooo beautiful), with SB border die and the watercolour sailboat is using gloss card with markers added ink colour, plus later blending, stamping a Darkroom Door stamp for male 80th card, verse stamp is Stampendous.

Now to Aussie photos, some roses, a one day cactus flower and fuchsia.



Last photo is your beach fix, on a walk some time ago.


I was horrified how long it I since I've taken photos, life has been too busy. I have a welcome summer visitor in ten days, so won’t be around much for rest of month, hence joining on first WOYWW. 

It is officially 12years since I first joined WOYWW! Yippee!

Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek and chat!
May God bless your day wherever you may be. 
  Will do my very best in commenting, and truly appreciate your visits!

Shaz in Oz.x 

PS if you're struggling to comment on a mobile device like I was, select use Web version, it usually fixes all but embedded comment boxes that don't have anonymous activated. Those ones are impassable on mobiles.

Thought of the Day 

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."

 Psalm 90:12.

Tomorrow is the 4th January, 2023 and 58 years ago was the most momentous day of my life!

 After learning this passage:
 (1 John 1: 7-9: "If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.") 
I was walking back to the tent with my sister’s teacher (yes, we camped here annually for over 20 years, near the beach where I now go swimming).
It was the Children's Special Beach Mission. They came there each year, run by Scripture Union, or CSSM as we called them...
My sister’s teacher was asking me as we walked back if I knew what these verses meant. 

Being 12, I had not really given it deep thought, but as we walked she explained how Jesus had died for all our sins, including mine on the cross and asked me if I would like to take Him as my Saviour. ?
To which I said yes, and so here is the spot (today’s photo) of where I prayed and asked the LORD Jesus to be my Saviour all those years ago. It is kind of hallowed ground to me. I remember I was told that the angels were rejoicing in heaven over a soul coming to Him, for forgiveness of sins.

My mother burst into tears when I went back to the tent and told her.
Years later (in my 20’s) I asked her why, she said because you looked so happy. And I was. I went down to the beach and sang my head off!! 
The promise of my home in heaven was what I had found, and a Friend Who would never leave me nor forsake me! No wonder I was so happy. I have found joy where joy would not be possible, in the simple faith of a child believing God and His word, and He has never EVER failed me.   

Linking up to:
 1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes, all three cards   http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au  
2https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2024/01/nbus-challenge-58.html the Marigold 3D is NBUS, as are Thomas’ two cards with NBUS EF.
3. Allsorts challenge Anything Goes Allsorts
4. Linking over to Snippets playground with the Snippets drawer sailboat 80th card, as all snippets except card base.see here

28 comments:

Betsy said...

I loved reading the story of your confession of Christ and the place where you accepted His salvation. What an amazing photo and memory to have. Thank you for these beautiful photos of summertime and the beach.
Of course, your cards are beautiful too. Always.
Dennis's arm is much better. The doctor told him he only has to wear the splint on his arm for protection if he lifts something heavy or shovels snow, etc. He goes back at the end of February. Hallelujah! He's worn it since the middle of June and two surgeries!
I pray for a healthy year for you dear Shaz. May you be blessed by our Heavenly Father with good health and strength to continue sharing His love for all of us.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

loz said...

Fabulous cards Shaz. Mister's cards are beautiful also.. Loz

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Shaz!

Your cards are beautiful and so are your photos!

I love coloring on 3D folders, it is such a fun technique and there are so many interesting variations! I've tried two or three and they all give great results!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah
WOYWW #2

Helen said...

Good to see you on the WOYWW list today right at the top too! Happy WOYWW - loved the catch up and I hope you have fun with your visitor. Helen #3

Twiglet said...

So lovely to see you Shaz. Happy New Year! Your cards are beautiful and having read your comment on Julia's blog I am envious of your plans for a swim, sounds lovely. x x Jo

Twiglet said...

So lovely to see you Shaz. Happy New Year! Your cards are beautiful and having read your comment on Julia's blog I am envious of your plans for a swim, sounds lovely. x x Jo

Liz said...

A wonderful collection of beautiful cards, Shaz. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos too. xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, great to see you around here again. I am loving the card collection. Better go as we have some travelling to do this morning, going to a funneral but I'll pop back later when we get back for a better look at what you've been up to. Wishing you a very happy woyww new year. Hugs, Angela x11x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hi Shaz, so lovely to see you on the list today! Thank you for my lovely card, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness, sorry I couldn’t reciprocate this year, I didn’t send any cards abroad for the first time in ages. All your cards are beautiful but the ones with the white embossed backgrounds are fab especially the seed head/flowers one, gorgeous!
Happy 2024 and WOYWW!
Hugs, LLJ 7 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

What a gorgeous collection of cards Shaz - and well done to Mister 14. A quick visit this week dues to new windows being installed (and of course it has started raining). Stay safe and Happy WOWYW. Sarah #14

Christine said...

Hello!
Love Mister's cards.. Will try that technique when I get home.
God answers prayers which is proof, if needed, that He hears us.
Love your last paragraph
Christine #13

Annie said...

How lovely to see you. You've been sooooo busy card making and how lovely to see the flowers and sunshine in your pics.
Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Mary Anne said...

Shaz your cards are just stunning. And the flower photos are wonderful as well. You really set me up for my WOYWW visits with a big smile on my face!
Happy 2024 WOYWW!
Mary Anne (6)

Sarn said...

Another lovely collection of cards and photo's Shaz.

Thanks for entering the 80th birthday card as your Snippets Playground homework. See you up in the treehouse later. Thanks for the comment on my personal blog. Removing the first card would mess up all the numbering and make life difficult for Di, so I have edited the photo captions to reflect the changes instead. Thanks for re-entering a snippets project. xxx

Neet said...

As always my dear Shaz, your cards are beautiful. I always remember being drawn to them when we first met on WOYWW. I loved how you photographed them against beach pebbles and such like things.
I love your 'special place' and what a lovely story accompanied the photo. So meaningful and so very stirring to one as they read it.
I owe you an email so will attempt after this.
Blessings, Neet xx

Julia Dunnit said...

So good to see you! thank you for the gorgeous card and bookmark, much treasured. How nice that a young 14 is happy to craft, and my word, I love his cards, the colours on the embossed panels are really lovely aren't they. I still have to use a stamp positioner for various texts..I'm not prepared to give them up. I also still occasionally use it as a repositioned for detail additions after colouring, but not so much! I love all your cards, it makes me smile when you say that you've re-used various techniques or card designs..I should hope so, you make such a good job of your techniques that it would be a shame not to use them all, as often as poss! Also makes me smile to think that you're doing cards just ahead of deadlines, I can't imagine that at all, you seem to be so on it!

BJ said...

Oh my life Shaz what a super bench testimony. How amazing. I likened myself to "Tigger" when I became a Christian. Now desperately trying to remember the rest of your blog post.... Super cards, intrigued by the stencil/watercolour one? The lunar paste looks lovely. So glad you found the time to stop by today, hope you'll keep to your once a month post, it will be lovely to hear from you. Hugs BJ#12

Gail said...

Hello!
Hope you are well and just busy!
Great cards and techniques by you and Mister 14!
Lovely photos!
Have a great time with your visitor!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Shaz, Happy New Year! Lots of beautiful cards on your post, love especially the one with the embossed/coloured poppies, such gorgeous result with the gold paper!
Amazing flowers! Happy Anniversary of your faith in Jesus, so sweet seeing the place you said yes to Him.
Big hugs!

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Shaz, a wonderful post, beautiful cards and flowers, and a wonderful memory from when you gave your heart to the Lord. May your cup be overflowing in 2024. Angela x #18

Conniecrafter said...

wow, loving the lunar paste cards, I haven't used mine much and never with an embossing folder. I have those metallic pens too but have only tried them on black background, love it on the gold. Your other cards are just gorgeous too!
Such lovely flowers to enjoy!
Such wonderful memories of your path to the Lord!
Happy New Year!

Anne said...

Wonderful cards dear Shaz, so many different techniques, they are very inspirational and will make the recipients very happy! Loving your photos too, your roses are beautiful, I wish you blog could send over the perfume! I always enjoy reading about your testimony, God is so loving, gracious and merciful!

Darnell said...

As always, Shaz, it is a joy to sit with a cuppa and read your post through. Thank you for sharing at the end and showing the photo where you were saved. No wonder it is a hallowed place for you! Your creativity was ON FIRE when you made these cards! I love each one, but that Hugs floral design is especially breathtaking and I will follow the link for more info. It is impeccable! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy New Year Hugs and wishes for good health and good weather, and posting every month! ❤Darnell

Di said...

Lovely cards Shaz! Right now you're the only person who can't comment in the Playground - did you ever read Sarn's post in the Playground for a tweak - that has worked for others.

Happy New Year!

Hugs
Di xx

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves it when folks get together and share ideas.
Great blog, continue the good work!

Mrs A. said...

Happy New Year Shaz. What a lovely display of cards and so many different techniques. I have just made a card using a serviette too. Fabulous photos as well. Hugss Mrs A.

Cathy said...

A wonderful selection of cards Shaz, the brayered lunar paste ones look amazing and not ever tried crafting with serviettes, you are so creative! Happy New Year, take care, Cathy x

Mrs A. said...

Hi Shaz, thank you so much for the links you sent me to You Tube. I am now lfollowing her blog. I love her ideas on using acetate for her scrap cards. I have a very much love hate relationship with it due to it smearing and showing every mark up on it. Hugs Mrs A.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...