Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 12 June 2024

Birthdays + Snippets, NBUS + WOYWW Moved to Sarah's from Julia's

Well, I've had a long hiatus due to two ill periods. On 20th March, I had a lower shin skin graft for a skin cancer. I was still recovering from it when on 12th April an overly friendly virus arrived that hung around for two months. Was very ill in April. Two months later am pretty much over it, praise God. Grateful Easter was early I was still able to post at end of March.

I hopefully will make this brief?! Apologies as is difficult! It's WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday I need to show a desk! Several as made a host of cards before op on 20th March, thankfully made cards all the way to July!! Just as well, I didn't know I'd be so sick but God did. The mantle for WOYWW has passed in May from our wonderful Queen of Desks Julia of the Stamping Ground to Sarah after 15 glorious years! So pop over to Desks of the world here at Sarah's Craft Shed hopefully I did it correctly!

Sarah & I met at crop in Sept 2018. She is a most wonderfully talented crafter, I'm extremely grateful for her willingness to take over. I'm sadly sporadic in my attendance to WOYWW but love to pop in when health permits. 

Desk 1 & 2 shows making of ladies cards with a new set of stamps and dies. A dear friend gave me an Amazon voucher for my birthday, so using Origarch greeting set and painting up flowers stamped with my new Prima metallic accent watercolour paints, another birthday (from Feb) present. 😊 

The next desk is card being created for Mister 11 who happens to love Cricket, is brilliant at it playing well above his age . As his birthday is 11yrs  the stumping with two stumps standing still showed an 11!

Here's finished cards...

These are mostly birthday cards for April and May. I 3D'ed a Google image here.

For a dear friend who loves RED! EF is by Altenew. Stamp set a NBUS.
 
It was a certain sisters very special birthday, everyone was there but 😔 I was too unwell to be there in person sadly. At least I'd made a special card. 
This snippets card was a reject brusho piece in reject drawer. Was accidentally debossed with clear ink.. instead of embossed so I then brayered it with gold acrylic paint and made frames of image and greeting to match it. All but base snippets, frames are with cereal box card, painted.. My favourite verse stamp. "With God All things are possible."
A vellum card painted with Prima metallic on reverse with and frames to match. 
Now to Aussie photos. I'm sorry not many as life has been quiet. Firstly a pineapple in our pineapple patch.
Next is a Harleqin beetle, very pretty but actually a pest to citrus.
However he escaped. 😊

Also the white with pink tips camellia flowered for the very first time.
Lastly the requisite sea view, I had to go all the way back to Feb 20th for this.
We have had stunning weather like this for our winter but I've not been out and about. No walking since March. I enjoy it in our courtyard each day though. 
Finally the end of my marathon WOYWW post with Sarah.  I'm glad I can meet up with all my friends still so thank you very much to Sarah and Julia, you're both on my prayer list each day.
May God bless your day wherever you maybe and keep you safe. Happy WOYWW 😊. 
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x.
Thought for the Day:
This verse has always meant a lot to me especially in times of trouble with ill health. It's a blessing to remember that all things work for our good, God's good, in the long run and our Heavenly Father is our stronghold in our troubles,  no matter what. Yes, my anchor will hold in the storms of life!

I'd like to link these up with the following:
3. Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes, five cards, red and prayers card in floral and rest as shown on blog.
4.  Allsorts Challenge blog - Flowers or Anything Goes. (red floral). Greeting set is by Origarch and flower die set is a CCD from 2018. Ie no name brand. The embossing folder background is by Altenew paints by Prima Metallic.

23 comments:

Helen said...

It's wonderful to see you this week on the desks, but I am sorry you've been so poorly in your absence. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous cards. Happy WOYWW and hope to see you again soon. Helen #3

Sarah Brennan said...

It is so good to see you Shaz and that you found your way here. So sorry to hear how poorly you have been but grateful you are feeling better now. Your cards are wonderful as always and I especially love the cricket one. Stay safe and thanks for joining in with WOYWW. Sarah

Twiglet said...

So lovely to see you back with us on WOYWW. What a time you have had. There seems to be so many germs going round. We have had our share but feeling a bit better just now thank goodness. Your artwork is wonderful and I love the cricket card.x x Jo

Sarn said...

Sorry to hear you've been so unwell Shaz. Wishing you a full recovery.
Thanks for entering homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later (or behind the bike sheds if you want an ice cream!). x

Mary Anne said...

Nice to see you again! Sorry you have been poorly - I know what that feels like, for sure. All of your cards are just stunning, and the flower too, but that beetle is amazing. How colourful! Hope you will make it here again and be healthy - I miss seeing all your goodies. :)
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Sarn said...

With my GD hat on . . . I'd like to say thanks for adding the red floral flower to Allsorts this week. x

Kathyk said...

So sorry to hear you've been so poorly, I've had a skin graft on my lower leg too ... so I know what a nuisance it is. Glad you are on the mend

Fab projects and pix today and Happy WOYWW

Kathyk

Lynnecrafts said...

So sorry you’ve been poorly but I’m glad you’re feeling better. Your cards are beautiful.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xx

Neet said...

Oh Shaz, what are we going to do with you? So sorry to learn you have been ill and had a bad leg. these things take so much longer to recover as you get older but I've got you in prayer.
As always your cards are beautiful but i must say the cricket one is something special. How clever to think of the wickets as spelling out the age of the young man. I bet he was in raptures when he saw his card.
Now you just take things easy, no dashing down to the beach for a swim until you are much much better.
Blessings, Neet 4 xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better now. A beautiful collection of cards and some great photos too. The beetle looks cool...but that's not how you'd probably describe it when its munching away at your crops lol. happy woyww! Michelle #14

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, great to see you around again. So sorry to hear you've had so many health problems but I know you wont let it stop you crafting for too long. We're both okay but sadly lost my mum two weeks ago and she is being cremated today but she would have been 96 this month so I think she has done well. I will miss her lots. Take care and wishing you a happy woyww. Hugs Angela x11x

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm glad you're feeling well enough finally to join in again & here's hoping you've had many months of lurgy in one go so you're all good for a while now! Great effect on that cricket themed card and I love the waffle style embossing folder you've used on the backgrounds. Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #10, www.prettymypage.co.uk

Lindart said...

I'm sorry you were so sick, not a pleasant way to spend a few months. But it was a good thing you got those cards ready! I love how you use embossed backgrounds for your cards. I'm glad you explained the cricket card, it had me scratching my head! I haven't embossed anything for a few years, but I think I may do that with some of my collages I made. Wow - a pineapple! we could never grow pineapples here! And a beautiful ocean view, lovely! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #16

Crafting With Jack said...

Sorry to hear you have been so poorly. I t is so wonderful to have a faith in God that sustains you through the darker times. Sending love and happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Annie said...

It's so lovely to see you joining in today....what a time you've been having. Stay well my friend.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Liz said...

Sorry to hear that you've been so unwell, Shaz. I hope you'll soon be fully recovered.
What a beautiful selection of cards. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week with your lovely red floral card.
Liz xx

Betsy said...

Dear Shaz, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so ill again. Your cards are very pretty and I'm sure are very appreciated by the people who received them. You are very talented. I hope you're able to get up and about again very soon.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Darnell said...

So good to see you in the NBUS gallery, sis! I have been wondering and sent you a card quite a while ago after you had gone quiet. It is a relief to see you back and once again enjoy your beautiful and artistic card creations and see your local photography! I love especially your reject Brusho debossed design and that Camilla is exquisite! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Anne said...

The LORD is good indeed and you can see Him in all of His creation! Even the beauty of the flowers, beetles and landscape do not match His beauty though! I just so love seeing your cards and the process in making them, you are so talented and a real blessing mon amie. xx

Di said...

So good to see you back playing along with us and other challenges! Beautiful work Shaz. You are one of the best!

Hugs
Di xx

BJ said...

Hi Shaz, lovely to see you back with us and sorry you've been so ill, God certainly brought you through. Super cards and lovely to see the snippet of Australia too. Hugs BJ#1

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Shaz! So sorry for all your health problems! But glad that you are feeling better now! A fabulous array of cards, love especially the one in green and gold, it's really gorgeous and love the verse too!
Your photos are interesting as always, thanks for sharing.
Take care! Sending hugs and prayers on your way!

Conniecrafter said...

So sorry you have not been feeling well for quite some time, I know I had a bad cough that lasted a month, thought it would never end, my throat was so sore and my lungs and ribs hurt, but thankfully I made it through also.
Wishing you a healthy winter time for the rest of the length.
I have been working ahead with cards I need too just incase I get behind because of sickness again. Your flower cards are just lovely and the embossing behind is so pretty with them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...