Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Colouring Dry Embossed Vellum, Snippets + WOYWW

Well, dear bloggers, another Wednesday rolls around .. wot, already we cry!! Suddenly today realised next month is the 9th month..eek! Christmas is coming, really need to get into those cards!
However .. good news to those of you who called by last week, in answer to much prayer, advice from folks + three days of searching on web (on mobile device, not computer) have stopped Windows 10 downloading without permission onto this computer.
Yay! It took nearly three hours of steps.  System restore first, to 27.7.15 + working in Registry which was tad daunting, triple checked all steps, have put links down below or see here EDIT on last weeks post. Conflicts gone (after only partial download) - have my delete button back and mouse works.

This is desk time of the week, Wednesday  .. over at Julia's for WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday. Two desks again today one this morning + one this afternoon.
Have to make some male cards (birthday and Father's day in early Sept. here) so stamped in Versafine black, embossed three pieces of the stamp by Our Daily bread called The sea. Also have some SU paper sample called High tide thought it would match these cards well. Card in top right is one shared below,and RosA chook stamp is here because am sharing the card I made to thank her for making it - also below.
Had coloured these three images last night with ink and coloured pencils. Saw on Pinterest an idea of adding sand, shells, etc to the bottom of this image. Hence why I extended the colour. Some beach sand, walked down and fetched yesterday, mixed with embossing paste. Added shells, tiny pebbles with Multi medium.
Back on this post here was the start of these cards. I embossed Vellum with CB Stylised flower folder, the coloured the vellum n the back with Promarkers, the ribbon wasn't right shade so used Promarker on that too. Verses are snippets sitting around for ages - on right is from Word Art Wednesday, one on left is from Our Daily Bread. I share it below.
My very regal chook, hand carved stamp from RosaA ... see this post here for the story behind it. It is stamped in Versamark +then gold embossed it. Made the simple card for Ros, when saw her earlier this month on trip to Syd for dr's. Die cut corners are from a square die piece in gold cut up (SB Fleur de lis) and Impression Obsession word die in black, with bling.
Wattle time! as it is almost spring downunder, different shades of yellow and lemon on the side road going into town, so pretty on the sunshiny days we have had. Also picked our first sweet-pea today, how I love them! God's creation such a blessing, every day!
{EDIT - I have just read Hettie's post  on dashboard, it said that Janet Fairy-thoughts had passed.. was always so blessed by her comments and  my visits to Janet's blog -  a dear blogger, it makes my heart sad. Also makes my words below about the generosity and friendship of Blogland below, a little more poignant.
May the Lord bless and comfort Janet's family at such a sad time,  and all who loved her.}


A VERY big welcome two new wonderful encouragers! I am still totally amazed and thrilled at blogland and how wonderful folks are out there. Blogging is a blessing indeed.
Firstly a thank you & welcome to Pia over at http://piaspapirogperler.blogspot.com.au/
And to Kitty, who is GDT over the Butterfly Challenge - here is her blog .. do flutter by (as Mrs A. would say :D)!
 I will comment as able ~ may take 'til next week :D sorry way behind from last week too!
Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek as chat, and may God bless your day wherever you may be!  

Shaz in Oz.x 
 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Isaiah 12:2

Linking both these card up to:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/ 
2..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.

32 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Shaz. I really love the idea of adding sand, shells and pebbles to yours cards...brilliand idea.
Hugs,
Annie x # 17

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Loving your beautiful cards. Pretty colors of trees changing too. Here fall is just around the corner..We are having another storm brewing, winds and some thunder. Hoping we keep electricity. I've a lot I want to accomplish later.
Things are getting back to normal here...grandkids start school next week, garden is almost done producing, so I can plan clothes for our trip to visit my son in D.C. in a few weeks. I am soooooooooo excited. 2 yrs since we've been able to visit in real life ! Have a lovely week

Mrs A. said...

The sea shore cards are delightful and what a great idea to use real sand and sea shells. Your photos showing ping is on the way is just a reminder or us that the summer (that never was) is on the way out here and autumn on its way. Hugs Mrs A.

sandra de said...

Hi Shaz, gorgeous cards, the detail you add is always amazing and RosA tells me she has a card to give me from you. thank you so much you are a sweetie. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @38

RosA said...

Hi Shaz,
Loving those beach scenes! They are Stampscapes, right?
The chook (or Regal Rooster), also appears on my post :)
RosA 39

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz, happy WOYWW...doesn't wattle just look glorious. Lovely cards too, the beach scene is great. Have a great week Cheers RobynO#18

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, I do so love those sea shore cards. The image is gorgeous, and your colouring wonderful. It is indeed very sad about Janet, she was a lovely lady. It's a bit scary how fast the days are going before the surgery, it has always seemed like it was going to happen 'eventually'. Now its only two weeks. Very scary to think that two weeks today, I will be in theatre.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 xxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Shaz! Thank you for the warm welcome! I am glad to read you are getting your computer problems solved. I am having some trouble of my own and I think I need to take it to the shop - I'm delaying it as long as I can as they said it will be $50-$100 - that's a lot of money!

I love seeing what's on your work desk! Wow, those beach cards look a lot like the photo of where you live - what a fabulous view! Your vellum cards are gorgeous too - I need to use more vellum! Your gold embossing on the final card looks amazing! Wishing you a joyful day!

Monica said...

last night I wrote a comment somewhere and I cannot see it, so just popping in to wish you well and fun with pottering around your desk
Monica # 42

Betsy said...

Good Morning Shaz. What a pretty post to wake up to today! Your cards are all just beautiful. We're on the verge of fall here in the northwest U.S. Normally I dread it because I detest snow and fall means winters and snow are on the way, but with the horrible fires we're having this year I'm almost wishing for the snow to put them out.
Blessings,
Betsy

Neet said...

The wattle is lovely and it must be wonderful to see it in a morning, a real wake up call for you. Surprising what sunny colours do for one.
Wonderful seashore cards Shaz, gosh you are talented - please show us these in close up as i just fell in love with what I could see.
God Bless and take care- Hugs, neet 22 xxx

Twiglet said...

The shell idea is brilliant. I made a few little needlefelted seascapes and stitched a few shells into the foreground - perfect! x Jo

Glenda said...

What pretty cards and so creative to add the sand and pebbles to them. I'm scared of Windows 10 and will not load it...hope it doesn't go on it's own like yours!
Glenda #37

Pia S said...

So nice to see a pic of a messy desk, which in comparison to mine looks quite clean and organized to be honest.
Great idea to color on vellum, something I haven't tried yet, but certainly will put on my to do list.

Tertia said...

Those cards with the sand and shells look so great! We have had a long winter, can not wait for spring.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #25

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the trees too, I am looking forward to ours changing colour in autumn (not that we had much of a summer!) but I do love the rich colours of autumn! Helen 3

Sue Jones said...

Love your cards and how wonderful to just pop out for a walk to pick up the sand :) Those yellowy greens of the trees are my fav colours :D Have a lovely week. Soojay 23

Hettie said...

Those cards look great. I like the idea of adding sand to paste. Great idea.
Those trees look great.
I got told off the other day for pointing out that there were only 4 more pay days until Christmas!! Tee hee!!
Hugs
xx

Di said...

Wonderful snippets cards Shaz - so clever to nip down to the beach for bits and bobs!

Very sad news about Janet, she was a lovely lady and gone far too soon.

Hugs

Di xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- cannot wait to see the one laying flat first- the image looks amazing! Love your sand tip too ; )

Mrs.D said...

Shaz, I love those sea pictures and the addition of sand and shells make them extra special. I like adding depth to cards, it adds a very definite personalisation to them.
Thanks for visiting my page, twice, and don't worry about the slip, they do actually look a lot like a picture we have of Mum and Daddy, taken on their 50th (they would have been 105 and 106 by now) and the hat was one of my dad's.
Bless you
Chris #30

Barb said...

Shaz your seashore cards are absolutely beautiful. What a lovely stamp that is. I have used shells on a card before but I had to buy mine and use very sparingly. How wonderul to collect your own and the sand too.

Rose has made a lovely stamp for you. She's certainly very clever and it's a lovely card you've made.

Barbxx

Conniecrafter said...

I have that ODBD stamp and all I can say is you have done a Beautiful job with it, such a work of art, love the added sand and shells!! I do love the look of vellum colored from the back on an emboss piece. How wonderful for you to see signs of spring coming, I think I love all the signs of each season except for maybe winter, I am not enjoying the cold so much anymore.

RosA said...

I looked that stamp up. It is really nice. (And on closer inspection it didn't look quite like a Stampscapes one.)
I shall finish THAT knitting (any day now), then I intend to play with a pile of NEW (and never used!) stamps, including the one we bought, and in the process I am thinking about a wedding card, and then ... I will have to play with that Bokeh stencil we got :)
Hope you are having a good week.

Scrapthology said...

Great cards and I too had to regress windows 10 as it stuck odd characters in all my spreadsheets and would only allow American style style formatting on dates.

Lisca said...

Those cards are so gorgeous! I love the way you coloured the sea and eventually put sand and shells on it. Perfect!
I love the photo of the tree in spring colours.
Have a great week,
Lisca#13

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Those seaside cards are amazing Shaz..I bet the sand adds great texture! Your colouring work is really good too, clever you :-) Those wattle trees are just wonderful, talk about being laden with blossom :-)
Janet was a fab person, funny and generous. Julia and I will be representing WOYWW at the funeral next week.....
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxxx

Natalie said...

Your embossed vellum is so pretty!! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz, Your beach scenes look fantastic with the added sand and shells. I can't believe how quickly this year is going either!! Cathy x

MaryH said...

Some lovely makes shared today. Brilliant idea of combining the seasand with the paste to make the texture for your pretty seascapes. I've read that you can combine it with Glossy Accents too, but not tried it yet. Encouraged - after seeing the beautiful effect on your card. Also love the reverse coloring on your embossed vellum cards too. So many inspirational ideas ahared today. TFS the wonderful scenery you see where you are. It looks very sunny & cheery. And yes, Blogland friends are always such a blessing. Who knew that we'd have this extra bonus? I surely didn't. Glad to hear Win10 is getting itself sorted. I've reverted, but still seeing some of what I think is probably - residual problems. Nothing major. Just seems to be a bit of a slowdown on things I'm doing. Also Win10 keeps popping up to remind me to install it, so I'll have to check out your tips. Happy wkend, TFS & hugs.

Darnell said...

It's always entertaining to visit you, Shaz! Your WIP is fetching and your cards are excellent! I hope you have no further problems with Windows 10! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

Great cards in todays post. I love the Sea card especially. Adding the sand and pebbles really made it pop. It would be lovely to be going into spring instead of winter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...