Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 28 August 2015

Fridays Smiles + Christmas + SB Exquisite Labels Eleven

(WOYWW post is just below this one, thank you!)

Well, have managed to join in with the Rudolph day challenge over at Scrappy Mo's  do join over at Mo's, you have till 31st! Also as it brings a smile to my face to have actually made TWO Christmas cards today, Friday, I'm linking over to Annie Friday Smiles :D
Both Christmas cards were made with elements pre-coloured sitting neglected since last year. This image is a Mo Manning digi, but it s also available as a stamp from Penny Black. It is colouredin mixture of PanPastels and Primsacolors. Used a verse digi I made, with SB Fancy Ovals and Label, with holly ribbon, and DP.
The verse is a digi I bought in a set of Christmas ones from Karen.M of WAW;
used inks + Panpastels in shading of this too, while it was in the SB Fancy oval. Embossing folder is Holly Vines by Darice.. love the depth of embossing on this folder! My Christmas cards will always reflect the reason for the season - Jesus!
This card was made for a very dear friend Mehrll in US she always brings a smile to my face, it was fr her birthday and as she had been instrumental in getting this SB Exquisite Labels Eleven to me. I won it over at Magpie's Candy, for which a US address was needed - see here. THANK YOU Magpie (and Mehrll) for this die, I love it! Very blessed of the Lord.
Used Stampendous Gold embossed verse of Psalm 91:1, with SB Divine Eloquence in centre, which Mehrll also helped me get in January sales in US at beginning of this year. So VERY grateful bought up then, as our $ has plummeted, stocked up for goodly while. :D
Also for Annie's smiles are the images of this blue faced honey eater in the front yard, we have natives in the front and roses int he back as they wont tolerate the salt winds out front. This fellow made me smile, as it was almost as if he turned around for the second photos so you could take his better side:D a bit hazy as taken through our front windows.
 

A dear blogging friend I would like you to pray for if you are able .. her name is Brenda, and she and her hubby, who has cancer are really going through the mill. Please pray he can go on the Hopkins trial he has been promised .. its kind of the last resort for him - for more details please look here
I thought of her as I wrote this verse below as this is beautiful Psalm of great hope and promise from which it comes...

Well, thanks for popping over, especially if you stop for a chat, and may God bless your day wherever you may be, 
  Shaz in Oz. x


 The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace. Psalm 29:11



 As well as Rudolph day I would like to join these cards up to:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/ (first card)
2..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au (last two cards)

38 comments:

Annie said...

So lovely to see you linking up your smiles this week Shaz. Thank you. What beautiful birds you have in your garden. I hope your friend has good news on his cancer treatment.
Hugs,
Annie x

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz...lovely Christmas cards - I think I'm about done mine and hope to get they written up and newsletter too so they can go early with our new address. We had those blue faced honey eater in Yeppoon - just love seeing the birds in the garden too. Prayers for your friend, never nice, my brother has had his first chemo treatment. Well you take care and enjoy your weekend hugs Robyn

Glenda said...

Your cards are lovely. The die you won from my blog is gorgeous used with the gold background. Well done!

Barb said...

Three beautiful cards Shaz. What lovely sentiments you've used too. Your exotic bird certainly beats my little tit. Barbxx

Sue Jones said...

Beautiful cards :) Adorable birds. I hope your friend gets the treatment to help. Take care and have a great week. Soojay 8

brenda said...

Great cards for this month Rudolph day Shaz, impossible to choose a favorite.

What amazing birds and photos, so tropical compared with what we see here in the UK.

B x

brenda said...

Great cards for this month Rudolph day Shaz, impossible to choose a favorite.

What amazing birds and photos, so tropical compared with what we see here in the UK.

B x

scrappymo! said...

Your cards are so wonderful! My fave is the first...just because the image symbolizes Christmas to me. But the others are all lovely too!

Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

Twiglet said...

Such stunning birds over there Shaz! x Jo

Di said...

Sich beautiful cards Shaz, especially your snippets one of course. LOVE the die you used, fabulous result!

And as always, envy you the gloriously coloured birds. They really are like jewels!

Have a lovely weekend my friend!

Hugs

Di xx

Lisca said...

Well done you for getting a few Christmas cards done. Now for the other 96....
Love the photos of that gorgeous bird! Thanks for sharing. God's creation is beautiful.
Yes, I will read about your friend Brenda and put them on our prayer list. He answers prayers, sometimes not in the way we want. But His will be done... God certainly gives strength and peace to His people.
Thanks for commenting already,
Have a good week, See you soon,
Lisca#2

Bonnie said...

Such beautiful cards! I love these intricate dies! And the blue faced honey eater is a beautiful bird! How special to have him visit and pose for photos!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards!

I love seeing your photos - the bird is so unusual looking compared to those we see here - very pretty!

Stephanie said...

Hi sweet Shaz! Thank you for sharing such beautiful cards :) And how sweet of you to think of Mehrll....she is such a precious lady.

Thinking of you, dear friend, and wishing you a lovely weekend. Hugs!

Debbie Harris said...

Good Morning Chaz!
My it is good to come for a visit this early morning. :)
Your creativity always amazes me! I especially love the second card, the Christmas one with the great embossing, stunning in deed! When I did cards many years ago with my two daughters I would always lean towards the embossing as I loved it so.

Mehrll~ She is a sweetie! I have always enjoyed her in our blogging community. I have missed her a lot.

Take care and bless you, sweet friend.
Joy to you! Debbie

Betsy said...

Beautiful cards again today. I really like the middle one today. The birds are so colorful. Imagine having them in your very own yard. So pretty. I will definitely be praying for your friend Brenda and her husband. So many struggles we have in this world. I'm so happy and grateful for the hope we have in Jesus.
Blessings,
Betsy

MaryH said...

Excellent use of the lovely S/B...it does make quite a large card, doesn't it? Love #1 with the sweet Holy Family, wonderful coloring too. Each card was just a treasure and also enjoyed seeing the scenic pictures. What a gorgeous bird! Thanks too, for the prayers for Sweet Brenda & DH...they are being held in His Hands just now, so I appreciate all the power of prayer being sent along their way from Blogland. The radiation treatments seem to be helping some...so big prayers he can get in the Hopkins study soon. Have a wonderful wkend. TFS & Hugs

sharon said...

Beautiful cards Shaz as always it is lovely to come by and look around your blog.
I have also visited your friends blog, such a sad story.......I do hope that he will be ok. So many terrible things going on around the world.
We also have a garden full of the Blue Eyed Honey Eaters it is wonderful to see that Spring is here!!! It was 26deg here yesterday.
Enjoy your week.
hugs
sharon :)

Unknown said...

Shaz,
These cards are so beautiful. Your art is always inspirational and I so love looking at it. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 198th challenge.
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Liz said...

Beautiful cards, Shaz! I especially love the first one, the die cut image really stands out against the red background.

Thanks for sharing the photos of the birds, so colourful. We don't get many birds in our garden these days - too many neighbours have cats. However, I did spot two brightly coloured goldfinches in the garden yesterday. I had to google to find out what they were! xx

Hettie said...

These are beautiful Shaz. Loving the colours.
Your birdies are a lot more colourful than our, except my Chickens!! Our cheeky robin is back again, scrounging anything I give my girls!!
Hugs
xx

Robin Clendenning said...

Thank you for joining ODBD challenge this week! I love your card, it is so elegant and the colors are so gorgeous!

Sally H said...

3 stunning cards Shaz! Happy Rudolf day! I love your bird photos too. You have such great names for birds in Oz, and I bet it does exactly what it's name says it does! So much more interesting than blackbird and thrush!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer, Shaz!! All three of your cards are stunning!!! I just love each and every one!! All of them are so elegant, especially the last one!! I just love your use of scripture. Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!
hugs,
Chris

Diana Nguyen said...

Great cards! All 3 are beautiful but I especially love the gold and white one - so elegant! Thank you for playing along with us this week at ODBD!

Marilyn Mathis said...

Beautiful cards. I must start on my Christmas cards soon and you are an inspiration to get going and wonderful cards to use as samples. Love them. Bless you.

Pia S said...

Christmas cards are my favorite ones to make and I always enjoy seeing what others make too. Your first card is very traditional, beautifully colored image in Christmas colors, your second and third are so elegant!

mamapez5 said...

I love the image on your Christmas card. I must visit Mo Manning again. The sentiments are lovely too. I do like the Nativity to be the main focus of my cards, and this image is a bit different from the usual.
The bird is beautiful. How nice to have such an exotic creature coming to visit you. Kate x

Helen said...

Beautiful cards! Love the fancy die cuts you've used!
Thanks for joining in the Rudolph Day fun!
Helen x
(Guest Designer)

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful Christmas cards, so wonderful to have had some left overs from last year to make the cardmaking go a little faster. Lovely dies for framing! Wow that is a big bird and quite colorful, and yes it was so nice of him to pose for pictures :)
Prayers lifted up for your friend Brenda and her husband, may God grant healing and strength in the days ahead for them.

Natalie said...

Your cards are so beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week, too! Blessings!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this trio of cards- elegant as always! The image on the first is fab : ) Love the 2nd, and love the die cut from the metallic cardstock- just gorgeous!

Brenda in IN said...

Your cards are just beautiful with such lovely verses. I love those SB dies you are using. I pray for Brenda and her hubby and truly hope they get great news soon.

Ginny Maxam said...

These cards are all really unique and beautiful!! Kuddos for getting Christmas Cards Done!! I love your photos of Oz too!! Thank you for sharing your Art with ust at Word Art Wednesday Challenge # 198!! Ginny DT WAW

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

I am absolutely crazy about your creations! Fantastic! I also love the pictures of the gorgeous bird! I said a prayer for your friend and will continue to pray as well. Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Eret said...

How lovely Christmas cards. Your fird card is my favorite. Love the gold and white color combo. Thank you for sharing your wonderful cards with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

Angeliki Kolo said...

Just Beautiful again Shaz! Love your work, Angeliki Xxx

SewPaperPaint said...

Your work is truly amazing! Thank you for your sweet and encouraging comment on my grandmother's roses. :) God bless you today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...