Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 20 January 2016

WOYWW, Distress Inks + Sunday Sculpture in the Park

Hi there folks - back after wee break from WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Do join our wonderful head of Deskland is Julia at the Stamping Ground, for WOYWW, over here.
Desk 1: making an inky background for a card which will show below. Using DI - Salty Ocean (appropriate, went for swim there yesterday :D) on large piece mixed with Dusty Concord and Victorian Velvet on small piece. Also another piece not made up yet in Greens and Mustard seed.
I sprayed the large piece with pearl shimmer mist and snippet of mixed blending with mini mister just to get them to spread.
Its curious but in our humid Summer weather Distress inks on paper/ card never dry completely. I put them in the sun, bone dry - bring inside flatten. When go to use them -> flexible almost moist.
Completed v. quick card - embossed in Black and Gold Forever Friends EF - Petals, then sanded it a little and it became very suede like with and shimmery sheen. Die cut "Thanks" the smaller piece with thanks from CB Olivia alphabet die set. The image is sticker mounted on card by Country Companions. Cute plus. It was very sunshiny when took this so tad washed out.

Now the shots from Oz this week are quite a few, so skim if feed be. It is of Sunday Sculpture in  the Park, really enjoyed it with dear dad and the inevitable summer icecream :D
First two were by children - the white birds from plastic milk bottles, a prize winner are little Terns, a small seagull here. 

These are Echindas - sort of like hedghogs but not.
 

This represents the Satin bower bird with the bower .. see this link video here and here - they make a bower of sticks and collect all blue bits from everywhere around it, to attract their mate and do a ritual dance around it. I've seen them along the creek banks here near our botanic gardens.
Sadly I have also seen a photo of a bower bird with a blue ring stuck on its mouth - the left over ring when you open a plastic bottle. This stuck blue ring prevented it from eating and it died. So I always cut/ slide off off any rings off milk bottles or bottles of any kind. :(


"The Bolt"... funny eh!? :D
This kangaroo made from all sorts of wooden and metal things, won the grand champion. There was (as you can see below) band playing too- a fun day all around.
 

Image a tad soft, was taken swiftly, it is two pelicans coming into land on the river.
I'm delighted to welcome two new wonderful encouragers.. sometimes they come in a rush and sometimes none for ages .. welcome to Ellen Corey-Watkins and to Jeannie.
Unhappily I dont know blog links for either as they have not commented so please Ellen and Jeannie let me know so I can join your blogs as an encourager also.
Of course thanks to blogger changes my numbers have gone down in spite of this but cant be helped :)

I will comment as able - a busy day tomorrow and hope to catch up with RosA of WOYWW :D
 
Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek as chat, and may God bless your day wherever you may be!  Shaz in Oz.x


Linking up to:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
2. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au 

13 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Shaz - I know what you mean about the humidity affecting distress inks and also water colour paper generally... it's not the easiest to work with when there is humidity.
Love your card - sometimes we just need to make a quick card, and this is gorgeous.
Loved all your photos - that Kangaroo was impressive!
Blessings
Maxine

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, loving all your gorgeous cards. The park looks so much fun and the chair was my favourite piece though I liked the kangaroo too.
Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Good to see you back Shaz, though I'm sorry you've been poorly. Hope you're feeling better now. Thanks for the art in the park pics, I really enjoyed looking at them and thought the milk bottle terns was a genius idea!!
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Shaz, great card. But I really loved those sculpture pictures - how cool! And the birds from plastic bottles - inspired, well done those kids. Happy WOYWW Cindy #29

CraftygasheadZo said...

What fabulous creations you have shared with us! Take care Zo xx 39

Pia S said...

Your card, although a quick one, looks beautiful. Love the blue colored background. I'm addicted to DPs, but I'm going through phases where I actually prefer to make my own. But still need a lot of practise using my inks, and now brushos too,,,

lisa said...

Lovely cards, Shaz. It's funny how the weather effects how things dry, or not isn't it, although hot humid weather is not usually a problem here in the UK!!
Love all the sculptures, especially that stunning kangaroo, I'd love that in my garden.
Hope all is good with you.
Hugs Lisax #14

Conniecrafter said...

Very cute image, just brings smiles, like the idea of how you colored the paper and then used it for the letters, great idea. The park looks so interesting, I bet it was a fun day out, so nice to see warm pretty pics while we are having snow here in the states. That is so sad about the bird, when we use to drink Cola we would cut up the plastic rings that would keep the cans together so it wouldn't be of harm to any creatures, you have to be thinking of them that's for sure. Have a great rest of the week

Anne said...

Your card is just adorable! Love it! Wonderful photos too, I LOVE this sort of thing, great imagination and talent for all to see! Such fun!

RosA said...

Hi Shaz,
Good to catch up today! I can only concentrate on your photos of the water :) I am staying here at work til it cools down, however long that takes :)
RosA # 34

Helen said...

Great photos of the park! good to see you back at WOYWW Helen #2

Di said...

Such a pretty card Shaz - a darling image :) Wonderful photos too!

Hugs

Di xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Sorry to hear you have been poorly this year, and I hope you have a better time for the rest of 2016. Thank you for sharing all those sculptures. They are brilliant. Hope you have a good week. xx Maggie #65

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...