Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 5 August 2017

Bizzy Becs August Challenge DT post + Annie's Smiles

Hi there everyone .. well, this is take three on my card today!
Talk about making a mess .. getting nowhere fast!! yes, that's me!
So for DT piece this month it ended up being a Christmas card, not quite planned, but ... not that bad really, as I really love these new dies used, + also my easy-peasy background - huge rescue when others failed. 
To the card.
Items used:
(maybe available upon request to Bec.)
Also used SB Petite Ovals and scalloped ovals 
Versamark and silver EP
 How it was done?? Look see ...on my desk was this scrunched up inky tissue I'd used to wipe up distress inks on my ink mat at some stage. 
I know used Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire + little Firebrick Red. Glued it to a piece of card and squashed it down, wait till dried. 
 Then rubbed it over with Embossing buddy, my home made one, stamped it with splatter texture stamp from Darkroom door in Versamark + Silver EP, heat set. Its really shimmery but none of photos show it up! :(
Then did some die cutting, background in largest pierced SB Rectangle, then silver snowflakes with Lawn Fawn stitched snowflake die
..Ooooh, I love this set I bought from Bec!
Stamped greeting ODB  "Joy to the world" and cut it out with SB Petite ovals.
 Close up... this looks like  salt, doesn't it? but in reality shiny silver!
Mm, not bad after all, I've decided! have enough to make another card for background from the tissue!
Those not from Australia probably wont know what this is!! its a Cycad! a giant cone!! really big, has seeds in it the vibrancy of the red in the seed is to be seen to be believed, no photo does it justice... we went to Botanic gardens today and saw quite a few things which will share in time.
 
Well, that is it for me today because it is really Friday still parts of in the Northern hemisphere I will link this up with *Annie's Friday Smiles too, as some might like to see the Cycad ...
Oh, and think I need one of these signs for my craft room! like one too?!
 Now don't forget to pop over  HERE at Bizzy Bec's and check out the other DT gorgeous creations, and please do join in the ANYTHING GOES August CHALLENGE - to win that prize.
Pop by Bec's store, too, for her great bargain prices
.
  
 
Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek and chat! 
May God bless your day wherever you may be.
Shaz in Oz.x . 

"I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before Him." Ecclesiastes 3:14

22 comments:

Betsy said...

WOW! That is one giant cone! I love the red on it. Your card is beautiful as always and the snowflakes are so intricate. And yes, I do need that sign. Since it's been so hot here, I tackled cleaning my yarn/craft closet this week. Even though it's been tidied, I'm still not happy with how it looks. My goal is to not purchase any yarn for 2 years unless it is for a special request object and I don't have the appropriate yarn. I probably have enough yarn that I could have made it three years or more! Have a lovely weekend my lovely sister in Christ. I hope you're feeling well.
Blessings,
Betsy

Barb said...

Hi Shaz, well your card is really beautiful. I love that technique and still haven't got round to trying it. The snowflake dies look lovely.

What great photos. I didn't realise such large cones exited. Thank you for sharing. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

Craftychris said...

Stunning card! Absolutely adore the gorgeous background and the snowflakes look wonderful! Fabulous photo too! Thank you and have a lovely weekend! xxx

Denise Bryant said...

Love that tissue background and the snowflakes! Beautiful card!

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful card Shaz!! Love this tissue background! The snowflakes are lovely.

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Shaz, the background is beautiful.

That cone is HUGE! xx

loz said...

Gorgeous card and tissue background technique Shaz. Worth all the trouble you took to make it..loz

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great technique, love it!! And your card looks amazing with this texturized background and the gorgous snowflakes!
Hugs

Heather said...

This is gorgeous!! That background is just fabulous and the snowflakes are quite beautiful (but, then again, I am quite partial to snowflakes!). Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

sharon said...

Gorgeous card, love the background!!! I have also been busy creating backgrounds ready to use after watching Loll's video.
Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us all :)
We have many Cycads in our garden although never with a red cone.
I could also do with a sign.
Have a wonderful weekend.
hugs
sharon :)

Annie said...

What a lovely card and how lovely to see how you made it. That cone really is stunning with its red seeds....it's huge! I had a chuckle at your funny. I do my best to be creative and fairly tidy because it's what my customers see so I can't get too messy lol.
Hugs,
Annie x

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, a beautiful Christmas card love the background on your card and the silver snowflakes. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

brenda said...

A lovely creation as always Shaz and Pineapples again, wow.

Sorry to be such a bad blogger still, I can but hope for better health soon and to get back to normal again - whatever normal might be !

B x

Tara said...

Beautiful card as usual Shaz! Luv your technique, thanks for sharing with us! Have a blessed day and stay warm! 😀

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love the texture on it x

Pia S said...

I love your new stitched snowflakes, sooo pretty, and you've arranged then so well too. And such a fabulous background!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous background for your lovely snowflakes!
That cone is neat, I haven't seen one like that!
That sign would be perfect for my craft room also!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning card...love your incredible blue background and those wonderful snowflakes. Your photos are so beautiful, so happy you shared them.

LilArtsyWoman said...

You've created another very impressive card and I'm loving this technique.

Unknown said...

Love your card Shaz, the background is gorgeous and the snowflakes are so pretty :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Jo Ann said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for blessing us with your creation at Word Art Wednesday. Please join us again in our current challenge. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Philippians 1:6 which says, "For I am confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will continue to perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Have a blessed day!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Shelly Schmidt said...

How pretty- I always love to see your pics of How to's- your card looks far more complex to me! Love the scrunched tissue, and I may just have to have some tissue close by to wipe up extra inks : ) Love the stitched snowflakes and the beautiful sentiment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...