Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 28 July 2017

Belated WOYWW, Snippety Scrappy Mo's + Friday's Smiles!

Hullo there one and all.. YEP! I am officially running two days late for WOYWW (What is on Your Workdesk Wednesday), hosted again by dear Julia (pop over to Julia's and please join in, do!) Desk photo was taken on the right day - just full on days here. As it's Friday downunder pop over to *Annie's Friday Smiles, AND *Christmas Challenge - Rudolph Day at Scrappy Mo's
Okay desk pretty tidy all things considered! Just had mammoth card making session of ten cards or maybe eleven, kind of lost track, half dozen were birthday present for friend .. plus her birthday card. Another birthday card made not photos, plus Christmas card for Mo's challenge, a spare or two.  Smiled that one monkey was lying down on job on lamp base.. hidden by a piece of dumfing lying sideways!! sounds like me working sideways crablike - trying to get everything done!
In hurry to get Rudolph day done again.. I love the verse on this card ..
Fear not ..
How fearful it must have been when those singing angels suddenly appeared to the shepherds so the angel said ..
"Fear not! for I bring you Good Tidings of Great Joy (lots of smiles there), Which shall be to all people."
Image is left over from when brayering ages ago, been siting in stash patiently awaiting, Stamp is SU Lovely as tree set. Added stars because someone smudges as gluing .. sigh! Double lauered them, added ribbon, rounded corners + CB Holly Ribbons 5 x 7" EF .
Above and below: Two of six cards made for my friend, she loves mauve/ purple. Background watercolour tissue technique one crumpled, the other just glued the stamped with SU French script background.Hero arts prayer set on top one with MB Prim Poppy.
Below is SB Petite scallops on digi from WAW, MB Pippi Butterfly + MB Elegant Scrollwork.
 
The two Aussie shots are taken by my sister (I think?) of Mt Warning. Locals on North coast know that discernible shape, formerly a volcano, years ago. We lived nearby for four years in my primary years and we climbed it twice in that time. Quite a view, big smiles when I see this!
May God bless your day wherever you may be .. and please say hi, so I know you've been by! I am sorry for those I owe mail and comments to.. will get there .. in time!
Shaz in Oz.x

"The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.” 
2 Samuel 22:47
Linking up to:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au 
 

39 comments:

Di said...

Wonderful card Shaz - I especially love the snippets one! Those poppies are just lovely, which reminds me I was rummaging through my flower dies earlier and can't recall seeing my own die there! So much for being organised!

Thanks so much for coming to play!

Hugs

Di xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Shaz,
what wonderful cards and they are all so very super and wonderfully created.
Love all the colours and your designs.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

Jenny L said...

Forgot to say brilliant photos.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, the pics of the mountain are very dramatic...what a sky! I love your C card too, you could see the twinkly bits really clearly 😊 We didn't know that piece of blue fabric was under the table either until we took the photo of Ron! It was a scrap of fabric stapled on...bizarre!
Thanks for visiting 💖💖
Hugs LLJ 6 xxxx

stampinganja said...

Always enjoy visiting your blog!!

Janet Christensen said...

Oh, these are beautiful. I made several backgrounds like theses after one of your previous posts and appreciated learning the technique. Now I need to turn them into cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cara said...

Three fabulous cards, loving them all! Hope you're keeping well x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz and lovely photos. I'm having to take my time getting round this week due to a bad head cold but I'll get there. Happy belated woyww, Angela x19x

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful cards, Shaz.
The Rudolph Days one is so pretty and I love the glittery sheen on the trees.. You are sure talented with a brayer!

The sympathy card is lovely too. I really like that the background script stamp is gilded!

Always appreciate your photos of Australian scenery. Almost as good as being there!

Thanks for taking part in the July Rudolph Days Challenge.

LilArtsyWoman said...

What a wonderful set of beautiful cards. I'm in "awe" with all of them.

Kathleen said...

Three stunning cards Shaz especially love the RD card.

Kath x

Craftychris said...

Wonderful Christmas card, pretty colours for the gorgeous brayered background - lots of sparkle too! Love the tissue technique cards - beautiful! Fabulous photos as always, thank you! xxx

Betsy said...

"The Lord Liveth and blessed be my Rock and exalted be the GOD of my salvation." One of my favorite verses. The card is stunning Shaz. I really like the Christmas card with the trees too. You do such beautiful work. Mt. Warning. An appropriate name for a volcano don't you think? I hope you're feeling well and having a blessed week my sweet sister.
Blessings,
Betsy

Linby said...

Gorgeous selection of cards, love the sky on the first one. You can take so much inspiration from those amazing photos.

Bonnie said...

The shepherds must have been terrified at first and what a wonderful message! I love those tissue paper backgrounds, Shaz! Gorgeous examples!

Helen said...

better late than never! love the photos of the mountain. great cards, too. Helen #1

Mrs.D said...

Morning Shaz, or probably evening where you are. Those cards are beautiful, as always, that Memorybox flower die is so simple and so evocative, if that's the right word.
And your mountain sunsets are amazing, God's painting is better than anything man can do!
Thanks for visiting my page, and bless you for sharing, even 2 days late.
Chris #5

Annie said...

Thanks for sharing and linking up today. It looks like we have both been looking towards the sky this week. I always want to paint a picture of gorgeous skies but just know I couldn't paint it as beautiful as nature does it.
Hugs,
Annie x

craftyani said...

Find these days if you want religious cards you have to make them, yours are beautiful, love the colours. Anickoana WOYWW

Neet said...

Oh my lovely friend - what an absolutely gorgeous image you have on your first card. Quite spectacular - love the colours - absolutely beautiful. And it goes so well with the actual card colour. Love all three of the cards but that one just hit me smack between the eyes and I gasped at its beauty.
Fab photos from your sister too.
Hope all is well with you and the family members.
Love
Neet xx

Sarah Brennan said...

What a gorgeous collection of cards, amazing texture and peaceful sentiments. Happy WOYWW Sarah #23

Ashley H said...

beautiful cards!

mamapez5 said...

A lovely busy work space there. I love your Rudolph Day card. Such lovely colours in the sky and a perfect verse to go with it. I also love the poppy die which I have somewhere too. The photos of the mountain are beautiful. It must have been wonderful growing up to such a view each day. Kate x

loz said...

Stunning cards Shaz. My favourite is the first one which is Gorgeous..loz

Lisca said...

Oh what lovely cards! I always like your wonderful Christian sentiment stamps. The mauve card for your friend is beautiful.
I love the potos of Mt Warning and the sky colours. Stunning. For you even more special as you lived so near it and recognise that shape immediately. It must bring back memories.
Have a good week and keep smiling,
Lisca

Kim Heggins said...

Your photos are simply stunning, love those beautiful colors! And so many wonderful cards too, equally as stunning as those photos!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Anne said...

Gorgeous cards dear Shaz! I love the scripture too, so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your lovely artwork andforsharing the wonderful artwork of our Creator Gos, no two skies are the same.... wow! xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Hi Shaz, I've just stopped by to say how beautiful your cards are. The card that you've made for the Rudolph challenge is gorgeous. Such a lovely scene and your colour palette is exquisite. Hope you're keeping well. Happy crafting, Sandra x

Claire said...

Beautiful cards and stunning photos, I really like the tissue paper effect, you make it look so pretty x

kiwimeskreations said...

Sounds as though you have had a very productive cardmaking binge Shaz - love your cards, they are always so very eye catching and absolutely gorgeous! Love the tissue paper ones, and the tree Christmas on is stunning.
Great photos!
Blessings
Maxine

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz, I came to comment on your lovely Christmas card, and find you have three gorgeous cards, love the colours, looks like you were colour inspired by those wonderful sunset photos. Have a fabulous weekend cheers Robyn

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I'm running even later than you, so it kinda works out! A marathon session indeed...I do think a bunch of handmade cards makes a great gift, and wow, all made in a single session is doubly impressive..inspiring and quick!

Shoshi said...

What absolutely beautiful cards, Shaz, especially the Bible quotes. The background on the first one is fabulous - I love that ombre effect, and all the colours are just gorgeous. Thank you for your sweet comment about our new kittens - they are already settling in really well, and today their reaction to us is quite different - they are no longer nervous of us, but starting to show their affection! I've spent a long time today cuddling Ruby who has really bonded with me, which makes me so happy after the loss of our two old kitties. The little ones are so much fun and so beautiful - only Jesus could come up with something so unutterably gorgeous as kittens!!!

Shoshi

Conniecrafter said...

I do understand the being behind on commenting and posting, days just seem to get filled up with other things that take priority... great background you found in your stash and love what you came up with for it, Yes what a sight that must have been when the angels appeared... Everytime I see your cards I feel I need to give that technique a try, it is just beautiful!

sharon said...

Beautiful card Shaz!!! I love seeing what you are up to. A very interesting desk indeed :)
Beautiful pictures of the sunset. A beautiful art of the world.
I hope that you are keeping well.
Have a wonderful week.
hugs
sharon :)

Pia S said...

Ah, love the view with treelines and winter sunset on your first card. Such a peaceful scene in lovely colors, magical!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Such beautiful cards!! All lovely designed!! Lovely pictures too!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Brenda said...

Your cards are gorgeous Sharon!!! The first one being my favorite because of the verse. Love that one too. Love the beautiful photo's as well, the sky is amazing in these photo's. I also love the mountain, can't even imagine climbing that! Hope you are well my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...