Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Bizzy Becs DT post - Inky Impression Obession Dies

 Hi there everyone! Well, 'tis time again for ANYTHING GOES July Challenge over HERE at Bizzy Bec's! ...please do pop in! You might win that monthly prize, which Bec so kindly gives!!!
First of all a peek...
( I will list all items used down below)
First of all took some scraps of gloss card and inked them up with distress inks very generously, use pads or reinkers. Then spritz them to spread colours around, add on top a scrunched up piece of cling plastic wrap - already spritzed and crumpled then added to gloss card.
Move colours around under the cling wrap till it is how you like it. Leave to dry, about 20 to 30 mins approx., varies according to temperature.
 To layer die cut words, leave them in the card stock and add layers, easier to get shape right. use double sided sticky paper on back of die. These IO die cut superbly. The holograph silver cardstock looks really great!
Items Used:
 *30% off Impression Obsession. Other dies - 25% + 20% off!

 Now to our Aussie shots, Tuesday afternoon on another icecream drive, just "followed our noses" as we drove, came to a new beach I've been to before but 'not others ... great spot!
God's creation is truly breathtaking and amazing!

  Now don't forget to pop over  HERE at Bizzy Bec's and check out the other DT gorgeous creations, and please do join in the ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE - to win that prize.
Pop by Bec's store, too, for her great bargain prices
 

I'm really delighted to welcome a new Wonderful Encourager to this blog. Almost a newbie to blogland, Claire of the Snippets Playground - AND https://stringbows.blogspot.com.au/
She makes some clever, imaginative creations.
Please share a little of love from blogland and pop over and say hi..

May God bless your day wherever you may be .. and please say hi, so I know you've been by!
Shaz in Oz.x 
For the LORD Jesus, the Prince of Peace said: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
 John 14:27

4.http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=9713 Red, white and blue, use one, two or all three colours, used blue and white.

21 comments:

Cara said...

Stunning card, love how your eye is drawn to the focus of the card x

Chris said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the explanation of how you made this lovely card. I'll remember the tip about layering the die cut words...it makes a lot of sense :))
Beautiful photos too...what a wonderful world we live in!
Chris
x

Kathleen said...

You really always do such stunning backgrounds and the image is really gorgeous.

Kath x

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Shaz, love the colours on the Nativity scene. TFS the photos, what gorgeous views. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Shaz this is beautiful - love the way the holographic paper picks up and reflects colours - it really makes the die cuts come to life. A stunning card.
Blessings
Maxine

Craftychris said...

Stunning card! Thank you for the 'how to'. Gorgeous photos too. xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What an awesome card. That holographic paper is the bomb.

Anne said...

Another beautiful card! Super technique and design, bravo! I love your scenic shots....hard to believe that's your winter! xxx

Claire said...

Hello there, thank you for the mention of me in your blog post... too kind :)
That holographic card looks fantastic, makes a really special card x

Pia S said...

Thanks for the tip on how to make these backgrounds. The holographic paper makes an impression. Lovely!
Your little package has arrived, thank you so much, it's always nice to receive a personal letter and not always bills and advertising mail. So sweet of you, I loved the card!

Leanne said...

Nice use of that die and the color is so pretty, great embossing it is a nice added touch. Thanks for playing our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
Leanne DT/LPCF

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! I love your die, and your BG you created is just wonderful!!
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

BożenA said...

Hi Shaz,
Your card is fantastic !! I love the beautiful background of the night sky and the rainbow-shining rainbows of Jesus born! WOW !! I love this card. And the question - where can buy such holographic paper ???
Hugs,
BożenA

Janet Christensen said...

Very pretty! Once again you have produced an amazing, inspiring card.

loz said...

Stunning card and colours Shaz..loz

Conniecrafter said...

very interesting way to do the background, I love the results you got from it. Great tip for lining up those dies to layer!! Beautiful beach, it is so fun to visit new areas or ones you have been to in awhile!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning card....what an amazing background! Love your sweet nativity scene.

Brenda in IN said...

This card just stands out on it's own. So beautiful and Peace is the perfect sentiment. I haven't tried the cling wrap yet but it's on my list.

CherylQuilts said...

Shaz, what gorgeous cards, and I love the amazing background you've created! What richness of color! And I love the IO die for the nativity...beautifully done with the holograph silver card stock. Stunning! What a beautiful beach! What fun to explore on your ice cream drives. Love it! Hugs and love, sweet friend! xoxo

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What great techniques you've used to create this stunner of a card! I really love the background and how it is so rich in color. And that pairs so perfectly with the additional color in the die shapes. I appreciated your description of the process and think the end result is lovely. Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Barb said...

What a beautiful card. The die looks lovely cut in holographic card. I enjoyed looking at your photos. Barbxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...