Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 21 July 2017

Gilded Watercolour Tissue technique + Annie's Smiles

Hullo there everyone .. another Friday here in Oz is drawing rapidly to close, so better do my Friday post to link up with Annie's Friday Smiles..
Okay, some of these are borrowed - again!!!
First of all a card to share ... 
 This card is another gilded tissue watercolour method, technique on posts here and here .. linking this one up to CAS watercolour challenge!
Dies (Memory Box Pippi + Swirl) + Stamping (SU) + Tissue .
 Now to my Fridays Smiles. Firstly some Aussie shots .. the first one is from a friend in SA - she posted it on FB today and said it's ok to share. 
It is at Pewsey Vale, SA.
THIS brings a smile - my first flower on the Phaelenopsis dear nephew gave me at Christmas, with many more buds on the way! God's creation is amazing. Lovely winter sunshine today on my walk to our beach.. lifesaver's sign at flags said water temp was 19c, not bad eh?? Gulls and Terns enjoying it too.
 Sunset a few weeks ago down at the jetty ...
Now to some borrowed funnies.. from FB too.
 
WARNING: 
A BAD VIRUS is going around called Housework. 
If you feel the need to start housework, stop immediately. This virus wipes out your social life and "me time". 
If you should come in contact with housework go straight to the nearest shop & buy the only known antidote which is called CHOCOLATE. 
Please forward this warning to your friends immediately. They may be infected already!!!
  
Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek and chat! 
May God bless your day wherever you may be. 
  Will do my very best in commenting, and truly appreciate your visits more than words can say.
Shaz in Oz.x
 

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end Ecclesiates 3:11 
Linking up to:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/ 
2. CAS July Watercolour Tissue Challenge

23 comments:

Annie said...

It looks like we are both enjoying our orchids at the mo. Mine are stunning at the mo and there is so much promise on the two that flowered last year....lots and lots of buds to open out on both. Nature really is wonderful isn't it?
Hugs,
Annie x

Cara said...

Your card is just gorgeous and thank you for sharing those smiles x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous Orchid, lovely colour. Loving the photos too and the FB funny is so true. Unfortunately I fear the housework virus may attack us this weekend but I shall try and fight it as much as possible!
Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

More orchids! And stunning they are too. Such lively color!
I love the photos of the beach. Lucky you. I wish the beaches here were that empty. I would probably go to the beach then. Beaches here are associated with crowds of smelly, swearing people.
The funnies made me smile. Yes, the housework virus affects me some times (but not much...)
Greetings from sunny Spain,
Blessings
Lisca

Chris said...

Beautiful card Shaz, the delicate gold diecuts look so lovely on the fabulous background.
Thanks for sharing your lovely photos too, what a wonderful world we live in!
Thanks also for the tip about the housework virus...I shall be very careful it sounds a horrible thing to come down with! :))
Chris
x

Jo said...

Love the pastel colours used for your tissue paper back ground. The gold accents really add to the texture too. Beautiful card Shaz.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Betsy said...

Good morning Shaz. Your photos are stunning and so is your card. The beach photos looks so serene and calm. The orchid is just beautiful. I enjoyed your funnies this morning. Especially the housework and chocolate. Chocolate is my antidote for everything! Wishing you a very blessed weekend my sweet friend. Blessings,
Betsy

mamapez5 said...

Another lovely orchid. I have just been admiring Annie's. They are indeed one of God's most perfect creations.
I love you empty beach, being enjoyed by just the sea-birds. I wouldn't mind 19ยบ for a day or two here.
Your card is very lovely as is your friends photo. Such lovely rich colours in both.
Unfortunately, as I am now diabetic I have to find a new antidote, as chocolate is out of bounds! But I still have a tiny bit now and then, when I really 'need' it. Kate x

LilArtsyWoman said...

This is so beautiful and thanks for the smiles today.

Kathleen said...

A totally stunning card, gorgeous colours.
Some fabulous photo's too.
By the way what is 'housework'

Kath xx

Loll said...

Gorgoeus watercolour tissue paper background Shaz! Love the gold embossing. And your intricate butterfly and flourish are so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up. Great pics! TFS!

Craftychris said...

Beautiful card with the gorgeous tissue technique background! Fabulous photos and I giggled at the funnies too, thank you! xxx

Conniecrafter said...

The gold against that watercolored background is just amazing, gorgeous look!!
Fabulous pictures, what a wonderful place to be able to take your walks, it has been just so HOT here that I haven't gone out for my walks in a week, I am going to be out of shape when I get back to it. The flower is just beautiful, it is such a wonderful blessing that God decided to make all kinds of flowers for us to enjoy :)
Have a wonderful weekend!

CarlavdM said...

Gorgeous card, Caz.
Must try that technique one day.

Bonnie said...

What beautiful colors on your tissue paper, Shaz! And the gold die cuts make this so elegant! Love the photos! What a beautiful place! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Brenda in IN said...

What gorgeous scenery you live in. So much inspiration every day from nature. I love your card. That bit of gold on the tissue is beautiful and the colors used blend so well. I am going to take the virus threat seriously and will certainly spread the word so no one gets caught up in it.

Aileen said...

An amazing card, I just love this look of tissue paper with the gold finish and then the added delicate gold die cut piece perfection.

kiwimeskreations said...

Your card is stunning Shaz - love the gold die cuts!
The orchid is beautiful - I was given a white one when DH dies, and it is still flowering almost three months later! God is such a fantastic artist!
Love your scenic photos, and the two funnies.
Blessings
Maxine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card and photos! Love them all

loz said...

Stunning card and photos Shaz..Loz

Cheryl Wright said...

Stunning card!!

Thanks so much for joining us at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog! https://mixitupchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

Pia S said...

These tissue cards of yours sure look amazing! Much appreciate the beautiful photos from Australia too and the funnies:)

sharon said...

Love your tissue cards:) l have also created a card using the tissue technic. It was so much fun :)
I followed the smiley link.
Love your photo's.
Have a happy Friday.
Hugs
sharon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...