Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 21 February 2018

Butterfly Challenge (x 7) + WOYWW

Popping in very quickly, for two reasons! It is Wednesday, so over to Julia’s Stamping Ground. Also linking up for another Butterfly challenge entry!!! 
Over HERE
#95 Spin The Butterfly Wheel with the letter P.
P is Pearls, Pink, Peach Purple, Paper Piecing, Patterned Paper and requisite butterfly.. yes, I used the lot! However you only need two!
To my desk, or desk 1!
 
 For some reason I'm into stencils for moment.. rediscovering them. This is a NBUS - Hero Arts "Glorious Petal". The inks were smooshed peach, pink through to mauvy purple. Curiously, I did add purple (not shown) but it was muted to mauve.
After smooching inks on craft mat, I added the embossing paste, and layered them on stencil blending in as I went.

 Finished card - patterned paper (free digi download) is paper pieced onto bottom layer of die cut, you cant see it clearly but there are several layers on die cut. MB Pippi butterfly was snippet of card painted with shimmer paints in peach pink purple-mauve.

 Greeting stamped is wet embossed Crafter's Companion ,Popcorn bear set. Pearls added to flowers (MB Lavish Branch) + Butterfly.
Snippets used in making of this card!


EDIT: This card -Top 3  on Butterfly challenge :D
 
 Desk 2: TOP TIP - discovery! for Distress oxides. I'd watched a video on sealing Oxides to make colours pop, they used a glaze by Tim Holtz. Thinking on it later (in my prayer time if truth be known, wandering mind) it came to my mind - Hair spray!!
You see when I set Pan pastels I use hair spray, rather than buying tin of setting spray.  

Sorry didn't think to do a before and after shot - BUT before bottom rows of spots were virtually invisible and other tones not so definite. They popped!
Stamp is Penny Black Terraced Lane - one of scene ones. Stamped in Versafine. Inked with ink dusters + dye inks, happy birthday is again Crafter Companion, stamped with Versafine, and on cork.


Thanks so much for popping over for a peek, especially if you stay for a chat!
May God bless your day wherever you maybe!
Shaz in Oz.x 



42 comments:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Shaz! Your stencil work looks so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

mamapez5 said...

Such a pretty card. I love that stencil. I don't usually go for peach, but it goes so well in your design. Kate x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The pastels on the first card are dreamy! I would not have thought that the lavendar would go but it is!

Anonymous said...

hey are beautiful! The view is beautiful as well!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! They are both fabulous! Great results with stencils and Oxides!

Liz said...

Lovely cards, Shaz. Fabulous stencilling and well done on incorporating all the elements in the butterfly challenge. xx

Betsy said...

Shaz, That is a lovely card. My Mother's favorite color was peach and whenever I see it, my mind goes directly to her joy whenever she was given a gift of anything with that color. The simplest things gave her joy. Our children would color her a picture and write "Grandma" with a peach crayon and it would make her SO happy. Thank you for that memory today.
I hope you have a most lovely day my sweet friend. May God bless you and your family abundantly today. For some reason, when I woke up this morning you were in my immediate thoughts so I said a prayer for you.
Blessings,
Betsy

Helen said...

fabulous cards! good tip too, for the oxides. have a great week. Helen #1

Nikki said...

Pretty cards and I love how the hair spray makes your image pop I use the workable fixative on my chalk art
Hugs Nikki 6

Sarah Brennan said...

What a lovely butterfly card Shaz; I adore the subtle colours. Great tip about sealing distress oxides too! Have a good week. Sarah #7

My name is Cindy said...

Beautiful card and thanks for sharing that top tip! Really must play with my oxides, I've had them ages....Happy Wednesday Cindy #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love your cards, especially the pretty soft tones of the butterfly one - gorgeous!
Hugs LLJ 11 xx

Anne said...

I love your stenciling! Both your cards are gorgeous, such different effects! Stunning! Great tip for using oxide inks as well, that would probably work with chalk inks too?

Cheetarah said...

Gorgeous cards!! Love the scenery one the most. Have a wonderful week! xoxo Cheetarah #21

LilArtsyWoman said...

I'm so inspired with these gorgeous cards. Beautiful colors and techniques.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, that is a very useful tip for the oxides. Stencil card is amazing, I admit I too have really got into them since the Sweet Poppy ones came out! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX

Cheryl W. said...

Gorgeous card. Your stenciling is so very pretty. Thanks for the hairspray hint. I'll keep that in mind!

Lindart said...

What a beautiful card! I love all the intricacies, and delicate colours! I will have to try your tip for oxides, I didn't even know they needed setting! Your scenic Birthday Card is gorgeous, once again reminding me I love doing scene cards! Have a great week, Lindart #29

Felicia said...

Shaz, as ALWAYS, those cards are gorgeous!!! I have heard about the hairspray trick, but haven't used it myself! May have to try sometime! :) Have a great rest of the week! Felicia #27

Neet said...

Love that Terraced lane stamp - what a gorgeous card. Thanks for the tip - will have to try it but not got hairspray - do however have some other spray so will try.
The stencilled card is so pretty - funny I have been using a stencil this afternoon - in my journal - it turned out lovely and then ... I made a mess of the page using another one on the top half of the page. back to the drawing board.
Hugs, Neet 9 xx

BJ said...

Love the stencilled background to your butterfly card, really ought to try that myself. BJ#4

Anne said...

Such a pretty card- I really should use some of my stencils. Just not enough time in a day :-) The scenery one is great as well, my favourite though is the first one. Anne x #15

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, love the stencilled card. Beautiful! And thanks for the great tip ... now where did I put the hairspray?? Have a lovely week Heather x #28

Mrs A. said...

Love, love how you have used all 7 elements on the butterfly wheel to make this pretty card. Thankyou for embracing the new butterfly challenge and for coming by again. Hugs Mrs A.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous card Shaz, love the layout and the colour scheme. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x16x

okienurse said...

Beautiful card! I love making cards and trying different techniques...I just have trouble thinking of what to do on my own! I bought a couple Tim Holtz distress oxide pads and haven't tried them out yet...any hints? I will have to remember the hair spray hint. Have a great week! Vickie #36

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, I love what you did with those stencils! Gorgeous. Maybe, I should get mine out! Thanks for the great tip!
Happy WOYWW! #24

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty and cool uses for your stencils, love that butterfly too!
The scene on the second card is just so neat, love the background coloring of it!

sandra de said...

Wow Shaz, you really do create the most divine cards. Love the Hair spray suggestion makes me want to hunt out all those stencils in my cupboard. Then I remember I am meant to be painting a moth! Have a lovely week.
sandra de @19

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, you have been enjoying using your stencils, the cards look pretty. Peach is not one of my most used colours and I have several sheets hanging around. Thanks for the tip on using hairspray to seal distress oxides. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Cara said...

Fabulous cards, I do love a good stencil, they're so versatile x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Shaz, what a gorgeous card! I love the stencil and love the beautiful colors you used! Stunning! Ah, yes, the wandering mind (it happens to us all), but what a great idea to sue hair spray. And what a stunning card with the Penny Black stamp. So dramatic with your sky!! And I always love seeing the beautiful photos of your beach and ocean. Just a bit of God's glory (that now Billy Graham saw when he left this world for his eternal home). Yes, may we wait on the LORD and be encouraged and strengthened today. Thanks, precious sis!! Hugs and love! xoxo

AlisonC said...

Very pretty, that is a beautiful stencil. An ingenious tip about the hair spray too. x

buterfliecrafter said...

Lovely cards, the only thing that pops to my mind is the fact that the hairspray may turn yellow over time. Happy belated WOYWW from cold Belgium, Vicky#31

Di said...

Fabulous card Shaz - and how clever of you to use so many of the Butterfly Challenge elements too. Great tip about the Oxides as well!!

Hugs

Di xx

loz said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz. I LOVE the second one. i have never thought of using hair spray before. A new idea for me..Loz

Pia S said...

Thanks for sharing the hairspray tip, I do love how the colors came out, awesome spotted panel!

Unknown said...

Wonderful butterfly card Shaz, love your stencilled background :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Jules said...

Hi Shaz

Fabby stencil work .. .. what a great backdrop to a gorgeous card.

Hope you had a lovely birthday with your family.

Love Jules xx

Brenda said...

Oh my, your stenciled card is simply stunning Sharon! I love it and love the colors you have used. Yes you did use a lot and that is amazing! That is an amazing tip about the hairspray with oxide distress inks, I'm anxious to try this out! Love the card you made out of the dots stenciled background-just beautiful. Love the ocean picture as well, so beautiful. Hugs, Brenda

Mrs A. said...

Thanks for alerting me. I was sure both posts were scheduled . Now you have insider information.!!! Definetly still on #96 till the 13th.
Hugs Mrs A.

HeARTworks said...

What a pretty butterfly card, and so lovingly made, I must say! :^) patsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...