Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 18 April 2018

Brushos + Penny Black With Scraps + WOYWW

Well, here I am - surprise, surprise! Running tad late, par for course today.. 😀
AND it is total snippety cards today cos am doing some cards for a pressie...
RESULT:  Using up snippets/ half done things, so off to playground, yay!
For WOYWW, as tis Wednesday, pop over to Julia’s Stamping Ground! my desk(s)!
Actually few desks. This morning - front left card almost done but covered up for a reason. Requisite scissors, and assorted tools, to the right are snippets of black ice technique to make into a male card. Monkeys say hi today, too! Will explain now other technique .. brushos on scrap!
Pays to be thrifty, what great watercolour card from a frozen meal box! Left piece used Olive green, Sandstone, Yellow, Sea Green, used slightly different colours, more blue and green on piece laying face down, so you can see back of card. The really light coating on the card stock means it really works well die cutting and holding it's shape.
Added spatters with gold and pearl watercolour - by Finetec.
Finished card - used scrap of white for top, only new bit was base. Wonky rectangles on white card. Stars are set of CCD's from eBay. Saw idea by Sharlene, not a blogger, but a very good friend, a great cardmaker. Changed it of course! Below is layered greeting, slightly offset with gold.
See shimmer in this card.. real texture!
 
Here a watercolour - Penny Black "Trailing Vine" gold embossed - used DI to colour.
Also stamped Hero arts Linen background, "Just for you" a Sue Wilson die.. my only set. Love the gold embossing! Slightly offset greeting again to give it more pop!
 Was sure I'd blogged a card with this inked! Image was for pink, black and white challenge ages ago on OSA, but maybe made but not shared! Inked with duster, or maybe sponge, then stamped, found in snippets drawer - added bits from stash. Stamps are all discontinued - by Artneko.
Aussie shot when out on beach walk.. not time last two days .. walked but at shops not quite same view.
Thanks so much for popping over for a peek, especially if you stay for a chat!
May God bless your day wherever you maybe!
Shaz in Oz.x

Love this verse ! Our God never fails, He will not forsake us, when we are His own by faith in Jesus.
Joining up with:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au

30 comments:

Claire said...

What a lovely array of cards, my favourite is the stars with the fab bold green background and simplicity of the white die cut stars x

Claire said...

What a lovely array of cards, my favourite is the stars with the fab bold green background and simplicity of the white die cut stars x

brenda said...

A beautiful display of cards Shaz and absolutely adore the floral one with the offset sentiment, so very effective. And as always so enjoy seeing your wonderful Ocean photos.

Lovely to see you at the challenges, my thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More, Stamping Sensations and Allsorts.

B x

Mandy said...

Wonderful selection of cards Shaz! Your ink blended backgrounds are wonderful & I love the pretty trailing vine.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, glad to see you! Love the cards, and what you did with the Brushos. Great techniques. The oriental one really caught my eye. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX

Annie said...

Hi Shaz. More gorgeous cards again this week. You never fail do you? Hope you have a lovely week.
Hugs,
Annie x #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, I love that in-your-face green background and didn't make for a fantastic card. It's amazing the way you've caught the shimmer and sparkle, that's so hard to capture in a photo!
Hugs LLJ 16 xxx

Helen said...

I LOVE that green background and the resulting card. As always, love the shot of the beach.. Helen #2

Betsy said...

That recycled box for the card turned out amazing. I love the green. You are so talented my friend.
A beautiful Aussie shot too. I hope you are feeling well my dear sister. You are such a blessing to me and always have a word of encouragement just when I need it most.
Many Blessings,
Betsy

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely cards with your stash!! The Brusho's background looks amazing and love all the sparkling!
hugs

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I couldn’t choose between the cards for a favourite, and I love the twinkle on the brushos background..very clever. Especially as its snippets...it feels like a double achievement doesn’t it! There aren’t many techniques that you dont use, I love that about visiting here, always so much to see! Please dont be too busy for a quiet walk, it’s good for my well being too, to see your lovely views!

Anonymous said...

well you have been busy creating some fabulous cards! the pink/black/white is perfect for our challenge; thank you so much for playing along at the penny black and more challenge.
linda

My name is Cindy said...

Wow what great cards, love the green one. I like the odd bit of re-cycling myself (Well, if you use up all the stock you have there'd be nothing to stroke and droolover). Great beach shot! You sound pretty busy, Happy Wednesday Cindy #20

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, a beautiful collection of cards, the use of the inside of the box has given me an idea to try out later, maybe over the weekend. Love the inverse star panel it looks great. Congrats on getting the Aussie pic complete with in focus seagull... Have a wonderful week... Megan

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That green background is marvellous, the stars are a great focal. What a beautiful photograph of the beach, how i'd love to be there right now.
Thank you for sharing WOYWW.
Wishing you a creative day Tracey #13

Neet said...

Lovely array of cards as always Shaz, and what a lot of glimmer - it really shows up too on here. Must try this new technique of yours - still trying to get a good result with the black ice one but not being very successful. Not sure what I am doing wrong - might end up emailing for advice.
Hugs from me - and God Bless
Neet 3 xx

glitterandglue said...

Beautiful cards there Shaz. Lovely colours - brushos really are fun, aren't they! Great Aussie shot, too. How precious it is to be able to walk along by the sea.
Will get round to your emails, honest - it's just been a bit crazy here. Thanks for them.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Cheetarah said...

Fabtastic cards! Love working with pigment powders, it's always a great surprise what the outcome will be. Hope you're having a fantastic day! xo Cheetarah #24

Craftnut said...

Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts this week Tracy

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, loving your cards. The shimmer is amazing. Have a great woyww and happy crafty week, Angela x18x

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning cards Shaz - love your background on the scrap cardboard - I have collected quite of bit of it to use for layering images and layers - I must have a play with it with my brushos! thanks for the inspiration.
Blessings
Maxine

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow Shaz, that is an amazing array of projects this week. It is surprising sometimes how a cheap substrate can produce such fabulous results. Happy belated WOYWW. Saarh #17

loz said...

Fabulous cards and brusho colours Shaz. I eat a lot of Healthy choice meals so I must remember to keep the packets now..Loz

Mrs A. said...

Your star cards are fab but my favourite is the penny black flower spray. That looks do pretty . Hugs Mrs A.

Joan said...

A lovely set if cards, love the star ones but the floral one us my favourite

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

Joan

LilArtsyWoman said...

A beautiful display of cards. All are very pretty.

Darnell said...

Super terrific array of snippets cards, Shaz, and as always your post is educational and inspirational!! Beautiful photo of the sea! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Fabulous card Shaz - what a busy bee you've been! Lovely to see you in the Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Kelly said...

Good morning, Shaz! Such lovely work with the Brushos. I need to play with mine more. I've had them out of the box twice since ordering last fall. Sad? yep, very. Did you primer your frozen food box first? Doesn't appear so but wanted to ask anyway. Love the colors you worked with and such lovely background for the negative space of the star. Thanks for the pop 'round last week. You thought you were late? LOL Here I am just getting here before we start again tomorrow hehe Creative Blessings! Kelly #27

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW love the way you used the stars
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...