Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 11 June 2018

Scoring Washi Tape Simple Cards

Hi there. Another quick post on phone. To help with posting from mobile device:
Tip 1: If you use Google Chrome, Blogger (also Google owned) co-operates best. A blessing indeed!
Tip 2: resize photos taking by sending them as MMS to yourself, then save attachment to Download on mobile.Upload from there.
Made some cards using washi and scoring and washi die cuts. Very effective! Inspired by card from Margo a kind friend, simpler than mine but her washi was wider than my standard one!
Tip: Added top diecut to card backing as shown in photo, and die cut.. doubled layers .. white one then washi. (Used snippets on die cuts plus on spotty card)
 Add layers while still inlaid in base piece makes it easier.
Used an old disc. CB die for thanks. Three different standard width washi used.
 Two of four cards made. :D
Now to Aussie shot.. taken later in afternoon when squashing in my walk in end of day. Our shortest day of year is coming soon. Can't wait!
May our dear Lord bless your day in all its doings.. here is precious promise from God's word to cheer your heart. When trust is in our God.. we shall not be moved.. spiritually.. no matter what comes our way, trust in Him. "All may change, but Jesus never. Glory to His name!"
A special thanks if you take time to comment. Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x
Joining up with following:
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2018/06/pixies-snippets-playground-challenge-328.html
Bright beautiful washi - https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=13094

18 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Shaz - love how you have die cut the 'thanks' from multi-layered washi tape - very very effective.
Thank you for the encouragement - I needed it today
Blessings
Maxine

Mrs A. said...

Wow, these washi tape cards are ace. Thanks for those tips too. Hugs Mrs A.

newbie85 said...

BEAUTIFUL cards, Shaz! Love the nice bright colors and the design!!! And thanks for the tip on how to make the washi tape sentiment!!! That is sooooo neat to match with the colors and strips on the cards, and I love the scoring! They really are beautiful!!! Blessings

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, I hope all is well with you, your cards are fantastic and make a great set together. Hope you have had a wonderful long weekend... Megan

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very pretty cards and love the idea to use washi tapes!! I have some very unused and think that I will try a go! ;D Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn Mathis said...

Thanks for the examples of a beautiful, but simple card to make. Love the idea. Love the Aussie shot. Looks relaxing. Hugs

Maura said...

The Thanks are fun in the pattern! I'm glad you joined us for our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Maura

loz said...

Fabulous card and thanks for the tip on die cut words..loz

Anne said...

Such delightful cards! Top tips too! merci bien!

Betsy said...

Beautiful cards. I love using washi tape but I fear I’m not very creative with it. Our longest day is coming soon. I know I should rejoice in ALL seasons, but I dread the coming winter and snow again. I am thrilled g to enjoy every day we have of warm temperatures. Thank you for your lovely photos my dear friend. May God bless you each and every day. I have been praying for g for your Dad daily.
Blessings,
Betsy

Brenda said...

I am loving these thank you cards Sharon! That washi is some really pretty washi and they make for lovely cards. I so love the simplicity CAS design of them and the beautiful colors. Love, love, love!!! Love the Aussie shot too.Hugs, Brenda

Di said...

Great cards Shaz - as well as some really useful tips about die cut words! Lovely to see you in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

What super cool cards, Shaz! Thank you for all the fantastic tips, beautiful photo, and prayer!! I hope you are doing well! Hugs, Darnell

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love the patterns and the scoring done on either side of the tape!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful set of cards!!

LilArtsyWoman said...

Beautiful cards using this technique.

Janet Christensen said...

Once again you have created some beautiful cards and inspired me. I love reading your inspirational messages. You are such a wonderful servant of God. Your praise of Him (in words and in crafts) is so uplifting. Thanks for sharing your love of the Lord and your talents in card making (and your beautiful Aussie scenery).

Tesse said...

I guess I'm dense, but I don't understand the whole process! I really want to make these as I have lots of washi tape! Help!❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...