Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 27 June 2018

WOYWW desky share + Scrappy Mo’s Christmas Challenge

Well, yes, it IS Wednesday again!! Weeks are flying by.. in a few days we’re into second half of 2018!! That's as maybe, but it’s time for WOYWW.. so let’s pop over to Julia’s Stamping Ground  for desks of the world!
To my desk:
So busy again, finished on left are Christmas cards for Rudolph day or Scrappy Mo’s Christmas card challenge. The card on right is in process with mask and TH Oxides, they’re fab on stencils, perfect blending with the ink tools. Don’t have a sponge for each of my Inks. Have too little pennies to do that and wash the sponges out each time and use foam applicator near colour of ink pad.
Store them in an old Video case. Use those Video cases (Note: video not DVD, as deeper + no bits needing removal) on my mini Inks pads, too, they fit perfectly in my freebie long narrow bookcase, was DVD holder I think. I’ve bought old cases very cheaply for .10c or .20c at opportunity shop. Perfect for unmounted stamps too.
Here are cards finished.
The Christmas card has been de-bossed or recessed into back of base, by running in through embossing sandwich in C'bug .. I actually was really disappointed on one aspect of this gorgeous Sugar Pea Nativity scene die (a very kind gift from Miss Di ❤️). I’d planned to use this snippet of alcohol ink smooshing top and bottom, top on one and bottom on another. But you can’t!!
See that star die, near stable in top?
Wondered why they didn’t attach the star by wires for easy removal then you can reverse the scene.
 Because of die design it can’t be done sadly. That being said I totally love it. So easy to use with a quick card made, I’m probably the only one who thinks of it that way. Used snippets the top white piece, a snippet as well as blue silver alcohol piece on gloss card, made last Christmas. Stampendous wood mount stamp 1994.
Second card is another partial masking card, shown HERE.. do love these little hedgies from Lawn Fawn!! Mask is by Artplorations. A NBUS to my shame!!
The colours chosen are because they’re my Aunty Helen’s very favourite colours.. she’s very dear to me. Those of you who pray, please pray for her. She is so very bravely fighting cancer with hubby uncle Ted standing by supporting.
So now sharing the Aussie shots. Truly live in magnificent place. First shot shows moon rising, almost full moon. The second shot called out to me, was on other side of street and looked saw this and quickly crossed over... such amazing colours!!
Thanks so much to each of you for popping over especially if you say hi. May our dear Heavenly Father bless you all in all your doings,
Prayer Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x
This verse is so precious.
 We have Someone watching out for us that we will never clearly understand in this life. I have a friend who says  that “Coincidence is God’s way of  anonymous “. It’s truly wondrous to me that He gives His angels watchcare over us. However help is there for the asking - we are made with a free will, it is our choice ... it is not forced upon us. He is a God of Love. His love is always reaching out to us.

Joining up also with:
1. Snippets challenge http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2018/06/pixies-snippets-playground-challenge-329.html
2. http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/
3. http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com/2018/06/june-anything-goes.html
4. http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2018/06/chnc-challenge-391.html

37 comments:

Ellie said...

Ahh Christmas cards, you are so organised ! The hedgehog card is adorable
Ellie #21

Annie said...

Hi Shaz. Love your cards esp the hedgehog one. Really sorry to hear about your Aunt...will keep her in my thoughts. Biggest hugs.
Annie x #14

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Shaz, love the hedgehog card. The sentiment is amusing! I will pray for your aunt (and uncle). I can't think of Christmas right now; it's too hot! Have a good week. Sarah #5

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Shaz, Love your post this WOYWW, well I love all your posts! great tips and your cards came our super! Happy WOYWW, Ginny #30

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, like you I often try to get as much mileage from my stuff, so it's annoying when the design limits that. Great tip about the old VHS cases, never thought of those. I'll be on the lookout now. Silly thing is, we got rid of loads a year or two ago! Please send my love and best wishes to your Aunt, I know how hard this journey can be.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

Jan S said...

Hi Shaz, gorgeous scenery shots. I love the card, it's so cute and the BG colours are great, looks like my favourite, Peacock Feathers and Broken China?
I never thought of buying old DVD cases but can the centres be taken out?
Happy WOYWW Jan no29

brenda said...

So pleased you managed to sneak in before the challenge closed Shaz, lovely creations and those Hedgies are so sweet, many thanks for joining in our June challenge at Stamping Sensations. Super scenic photos again, I see just what you mean about the colours in the second.

B x

Anne said...

Lovely cards Shaz. Not got into Christmas yet. It is very, very hot here ( well it is for the UK) the water in your photos looks very inviting. Will include you Auntie in my prayers. Thanks for popping by. Think you were saying I had some repeat photos ? Lol - think I've sorted it, but only on my phone at moment so could have messed up more :-) x Anne x 10

Anne said...

Lovely cards Shaz. Not got into Christmas yet. It is very, very hot here ( well it is for the UK) the water in your photos looks very inviting. Will include you Auntie in my prayers. Thanks for popping by. Think you were saying I had some repeat photos ? Lol - think I've sorted it, but only on my phone at moment so could have messed up more :-) x Anne x 10

Di said...

Wonderful Christmas card Shaz - and I'm delighted to see you using the die. Even though you wanted to push it even further than the designers reckoned on :) The sentiment goes so well!!

Hugs

Di xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a clever way to reuse those old VCR cases. Plastic is SO hard to recycle here in the states, anyway, so love your clever use of them.

Great Christmas card and love the hedgehog. Thanks for visiting me already. Happy WOYWW from #3.

Diana Taylor said...

Your cards are lovely - the hedgehogs are just adorable. I can't think about Christmas while the weather is this hot, but that is a really gorgeous die you've been given though!
Your aunt and uncle are in my thoughts,
Diana x #17

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely Christmas card Shaz. Blue and white is such a great colour combination. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Helen said...

I can't believe the year is half over either.... love the cards. LOVE the Aussie shots this week. We did all enjoy my birthday, thank you! Helen #2

Caro said...

Gorgeous Aussie shots and love the Christmas cards. That die is fab. Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#42)

Betsy said...

Your cards are beautiful as always and your Aussie shots are stunning. I am so grateful to God for providing His angels to watch out for us. So often I feel their presence near me in times of great need, even if I can’t see them. I hope you have a lovely day my sweet sister. We’re preparing for our 26 hour drive to go the Mike’s memorial service. We leave early tomorrow morning. I know you will be praying for us and I greatly appreciate.
Blessings,
Betsy

Hazel said...

Love the cards, Shaz and the use of that mask if beautiful - love the colours. Thanks for sharing - Hazel WOYWW #8 x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

More Christmas cards, getting worried now that I should start making! Gorgeous photographs and love the card done with Oxides but then I love those too, very much. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x13x

LilArtsyWoman said...

Your cards are beautiful. They always are!!. The images of your surroundings are so serene and peaceful looking.

Neet said...

Will definitely pray for Auntie Helen and can I ask you to pray for our dear friend Bill who is also battling cancer. He was free then another tumour came and now faces an 18 hour operation on this or the next Monday and doesn't know if he will make it or not. So brave, been to see him tonight in hospital.
Your cards are wonderful, can see what you mean about the die cut one but it still is a lovely die. But I do like the heart background on the cute little hedgie card. Lovely colouring.
Blessings, Neet 9 xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Shaz, what a super way to store your blenders and pads, i'd never have thought of using those cases, thank you for the idea.
Beautiful cards, and good to see those sweet little hedgehogs.
Your photographs are wonderful, what an amazing skyline.
Thank you for sharing along with WOYWW have a wonderful week.
Tracey #4

loz said...

Gorgeous cards and colours Shaz...Loz

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, beautiful cards, love the hedgehogs with the sentiment and the love heart background for your Aunt. The nativity die is so cute and looks great on the card, its a shame it can't be used the two different ways though. I use old VHS boxes for storage too, they can hold an amazing amount of supplies and are easy to stack and store. I think my google+ was out of date as I have been making my DT cards in advance and scheduling the posts and must not post on both blog and google+ when scheduled... Have a wonderful week... Megan

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Shaz, and I hear you on reversing the die cuts... pity about the star.
Thanks for your storage hints, and also washing the sponges - I do that with daubers too!
Your hedgie card is beautiful - may it bring your Aunt some comfort in her battle - and praise God for the power of prayer!!
Blessings
Maxine

Julia Dunnit said...

That’s a lovely card for your Aunty, and I do indeed hold her in my thoughts and wish her strength in her fight. I havent got around to using the Oxides for stencilling, your lovely result will definitely hasten my doing so. I like the Bethlehem die too, am perfectly sure you’ll get over the star not being removable...bet it didnt occur to the designer/manufacturer. And lets face it, if it came off, it’s so small, you’d lose it wouldn’t you - or is that just me?!

pinky said...

Two gorgeous creations Shaz!! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Brenda said...

I see a lot of goodies on your desk Sharon! I am loving the inky panel. Your Christmas card is just beautiful! I am loving that die, but like you wonder why they attached the star that way and not on wires to be cut off later like most dies are now? Still a fab die though! And your card is stunning. Love those sweet hedgies and the inky background. The Aussie views are beautiful, loving the sky. I definitely love the angles that watch over me, God is good! Hugs, Brenda

Conniecrafter said...

Love your nativity scene and the blues you used with it, pretty shading of the hearts with the cute hedgehogs how fun!
Love your sunsets, I just love all the different colors there are in sunsets!

flossbite said...

Great Christmas card!Love the hedgehog too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge. Good Luck!

Whisper said...

Oooo I'm loving how you have de-bossed the die and inked it, such a perfect sentiment too and thanks for joining us at June's Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

cotnob said...

Lovely cards Shaz, I especially like the sweet little hedgehogs.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

MaryH said...

Hi Shaz, Thanks for popping over, and it reminded me to pop over to Oz. Always love the beautiful pictures you share of your part of the world. How cool you were able to use a nice Playground gift, and what a lovely card it made. If you wished to reverse, perhaps you could just 'cut off' the star part in the finished cut piece? The stenciled rainbow hearts made such a lovely & cheery background to the darling hedgies, and a delightful card. I pray your Aunt will be able to keep fighting, and God will see fit to heal. It's very heartbreaking to watch these cancer struggles and we always hope for a miracle. Sometimes we get them, but not always the way WE asked for one. God bless her and all her support team. Hugs & TFS.

scrappymo! said...

This Nativity scene card is so beautiful. Loving the inky background and the beautiful die.
Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

As always, your photos of Australian scenes are beautiful. Sorry to hear of your aunt's struggle. Will pray for better health for her.

Shoshi said...

I love the Distress Oxides stencil card and as always, the Aussie photos are so stunning. Thank you for your visit, and I'm glad you liked the things I made for the 100th birthday. Yes, our kitties are cuteness overload and they are so much fun!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #43

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous Christmas card and your hedgehog card is so cute! I am sending lots of positive vibes to your Auntie! Lovely photos. xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely both your creations, the nativity is delicious with alcohol inks! The cute hedgies looks so sweet with that masked oval full of hearts!
Hugs

Betsy said...

Beautiful cards as always Shaz. The hedgehogs especially made me smile. They are so cute! What a brilliant idea using old VHS cases. I gave dozens of those to the thrift shop a couple of years ago and now I’m wishing I had kept a couple for myself! I need to start thinking “outside of the box.” I hope you have a most lovely day my sweet friend. May God bless you abundantly and give you good health. I’m praying for you and your dad.
Blessings, Betsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...