Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 18 July 2018

WOYWW + Watercolour Penny Black Trailing vine

Hi there! Popping in with a quick post. Another on mobile, lots going on here, and so little time to blog. Things I’m making I can’t share most of them.. for coming birthdays, except today’s, a friend who doesn’t look at my blog. My darling dad isn’t at all well either which is a prayer point.
And it’s What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday for WOYWW.. so let’s pop over to Julia’s Stamping Ground  for desks of the world!    To my desk:
Some painting going on, on left pencils are water colour, Caran D’Ache .. so using them as base, paint tin on right was for another project, not this one, but using topping with glimmer very small paint colours in centre.
Assembling the card... trying to work out layout. Do you ever have a plan for a project or are you like I often am.. just jump in and see where it leads? I’ve made this PB stamp Trailing Vine a few times in other styles and today I wanted something different. So after spending time watercolouring the whole panel I cut it right down! Don’t you hate it when Die sets go walk about???.. that’s what my favourite ovals have done. Mercifully there’s a similar sized one in a card creator set SB. Here is the finished card.
Happy birthday is Elizabeth Crafts favourite, offset to left by .05mm. Cut in base of cream, then lay gold on top and deep sheen blue on top, and used double sided tape on back for easy adherence. Lacey die is a CCD... also a NBUS. 😊 Corners fav. Lala land filigree corners, EF is Embossalicious A4 Orchid? Folder
Now to Aussie Photos taken this afternoon on walk around hills then creek which runs along for while. Shows a winter sun setting. God’s glorious creation... and the flower looking down to creek is a flowering tree, Bauhinia.. a very pretty tree commonly called butterfly tree here in Oz, because it’s leaves are shaped that way... but China in origin.
Thanks so much for popping over for a peek and chat. I’ll do my very best to return your kind comments. And appreciate your patience and kindness in this busy period.
May God bless your day, wherever you maybe!
Hugs and prayers , Shaz in Oz.x

The verse for today, I read this chapter in today's chapters (read four chapters day, you read through Bible in a year, good to do each year). I love Isaiah and this verse in particular. I need God’s strength at the moment through each and every day. It is there for us, if we but ask.

Joining up also with:
1. Snippets challenge http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/
3. Penny black for July. Anything goes optional Baby http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/

22 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great post Shaz. Have a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x11x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your card is just stunning! As to your question, every once in a while I work with a layout in mind, but usually it just evolves as I go along. You've got some glorious scenery during your walks, and that flower from the tree of Chinese origin is just spectacular. Happy WOYWW and blessings!

brenda said...

I'm pretty much like you Shaz, I have an idea in mind but invaribly the design takes several turns before I get to the end product - and I will confess sometimes at that stage the bin is the recipient. But at the end of the day it's only a piece of card.

Onto your creation and it is lovely with the rich golds and pretty blues, perfect for our 'In my Garden' theme at Stamping Sensations, lovely to see you there and my thanks for joining in.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a lovely card Shaz. The blue flowers and gold embossing work together beautifully and I like the embossing in the background too. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x. PS. Hope your Dad gets well soon x

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, sending good thoughts for you and your Dad. A beautiful birthday card, love the embossing and lacy diecut you added to the gold image. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Sarah Brennan said...

Lovely card Shaz. Healing hugs to you and your dad; I hope he is feeling better soon. Have a good week. Sarah #15

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, lovely cards. I particularly like that Oval die with the fancy edge. It's beautiful. Glorious scenery, as always. I do hope your Dad improves, sending hugs. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxX

Di said...

What a lovely card Shaz - and beautiful photos as well. Sending healing thoughts for your Dad.

Love and hugs

Di xx

Natalie said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the embossed outline and the pretty color you've used to bring it to life! And yes, I don't like it at all when a die goes missing :-(
Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Word Art Wednesday! God bless!

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Shaz, so elegant and I love the embossing. I lost a die from a set back last year and it turned up this week! I really thought I'd lost it forever. Thinking of you and your Dad. xx

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Sharon! i love that oval die you used in the blue. The stamped and painted/color image is stunning as well. Love the embossing too, altogether it makes for one beautiful card. Beautiful sunset photo too. How cold does it get in your winters??? Love the beautiful flower/tree. Stunning in it's own! I'm sorry about your dad, prayers are being sent! Hugs, Brenda

Conniecrafter said...

so sorry to hear your Dad is not well, hope things improve soon.
That stamp is gorgeous embossed in gold with the blue, lovely embossing with it! I haven't had a die walk off but I have had a stamp set leave :(
Beautiful sunset.

Helen said...

am up early before my trip away and just catching the last few desks. Hope your dad recovers soon. Sending hugs. the cards are of course,beautiful as is the sunset! Helen #1

Anne said...

Hi Shaz, a lovely collection of photos. I will keep your dad in my prayers. Anne x #3

Anne said...

Hi Shaz, a lovely collection of photos. I will keep your dad in my prayers. Anne x #3

loz said...

Stunning card Shaz. Wii be praying your dad gets better soon..|Loz

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

hi Shaz, sending good wishes to your Dad so sorry to hear he is unwell.
Your Birthday card is a beauty, so many wonderful creative pencils and paints to play with...! Your photographs are beautiful.
Thank you for sharing WOYWW.
Wishing you a super weekend Tracey #7

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Shaz it is so hard when our parents are unwell - prayers for you all.
Love your card - it is so elegant and textural, and the image is beautifully coloured and mounted - the lacy die cut behind is perfect.
Blessings
Maxine

LilArtsyWoman said...

Beautiful posts...prayers going up for your dad. Thanks for sharing your amazing work of art.

Lynne K said...

Love the combination of that gorgeous blue with the gold embossing, it's quite stunning. Such a lovely design. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations. I hope your dad gets well soon.

Lynne

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your beautiful card- the shimmer from the embossing and the pretty blue are just lovely! I usually pick a stamp and just go with it, or often start with a sketch and the stamp has to fit into it..... Prayers for your dad, for God's will.... we just moved my mom into a Memory Care unit- she decided she wanted her own apartment : ) 89 years old- she should have just what she wants! And, I love Isaiah- beautiful scripture : )

Pia S said...

My cardmaking process sounds a lot like yours. When I play with sketches it’s a bit different, but more often than not my card comes to along the way:) your card turned out get classy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...