Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 1 August 2018

Male Birthday card + Penny Black +WOYWW

Hi there! and so little time to blog, so another quick post. Making lots but can share. My dear Dad is still very unwell so prayer appreciated. And it’s What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday for WOYWW.. so let’s pop over to Julia’s Stamping Ground  for desks of the world!    To my desk:

As you can see lots hidden + two completed cards! Hidden? It's for birthdays yet to come. Two cards on top will share below; more watercolour cards, the Penny Back Vine stamp is done in yet another colourway, did three in all, one blue, last post, one in mauve mailed, and one in rose red. To colour them I use a base colour of Tombows (water based marker) then with Pearl-Ex mini watercolours in shade closest to it I pull colour out from dark to light and achieve a glimmery effect. Love it! See below. Also a vague hint re coming event of great import for WOYWW - on Sat 8th. God willing, someone maybe there, namely yours truly. Please keep it all under thick wraps for mo, so please NO commenting of it on interweb (it's also dependent on family situation). You may of course email contact Margaret or our wonderful leader Julia!
 Finished card - used same pattern as one on last post with same dies and embossing folders, so scroll down. The photo below gives the sheen
 This is the mauve one in same stamp etc.

Here is last card for today. it is a male 90th. 

Stamp is a clear set from China. Its for a friend's dad.. not mine. Stamped it on watercolour paper, then sponged sky with hand cut mask, coloured the boat with mixture of Tombows and Pearl-Ex water colours and same for sea. Papers are unknown bargain ones. Die for frame is SB Labels 28. The flag die set is a CCD. Digi for sentiment. "90' is from Disc CB alphabet die set.
Some Aussie shots now of course!
 In winter we get lovely colours on the hibiscus flowering in our front garden. I call it Marnie's, because it is from a cutting of her plant, she is my BiL mother.
 This is sunset at the beach north of here where my family live... love the soft hues of God's canvas!
 Thanks so much for popping over for a peek and chat. time very limited to return your kind comments. So appreciate your patience and kindness in this busy period.
May God bless and keep you safe in your day, wherever you maybe! 
I am praying for rain for us, ALL of NSW in drought, no fodder for sale for farmers to feed their stock in all of our state. It has to be trucked in from interstate. A big brown land desperately needs rain, please LORD.
Hugs and prayers, Shaz in Oz.x

 Verse for today is one of my illuminated ones, done quite a few times. I love the promise of hope in it!! PEACE - real, fair-dinkum peace!
PEACE with God, through our LORD Jesus Christ, our gift for all eternity through faith in Him. How precious is that?!
Also joining up with 

24 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz- wow, what a wonderful surprise to read in your post. Never, ever thought we'd get to meet you, so, so happy!
Love the cards I see, I too have masses to make for this month- August is totally crammed with birthdays of friends and family.
That hibiscus is so beautiful, what a wonderful shade.
I'm just so excited now, lol. Not long now either! 5 weeks. Can give you a real, in person hug. XXX
Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

Neet said...

What's this about your dad? I had no idea he was not well, Prayers indeed will be said, you must be worried. How come I have missed previous postings from you? So sorry.
Beautiful cards as always and I love the hibiscus you are showing. The beachscape photo is beautiful and so serene.
I see you are hinting at something I have kept secret for so long and still am doing. Just hope your dad is well enough for your travel.
Blessings to you and your dad
Hugs, too, Neet 4 xx

Frayed Round The Edges said...

Such pretty cards you make . Karen 26

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Shaz, it would indeed be fabulous on 8th September if things go to plan; Eva and I will be there. Keeping you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Beautiful cards. love the idea for the layout of the 90th birthday card. Sarah #19

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing the scripture verse. love the cards you've shown - beautifully crafted. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good day - Hazel, WOYWW #15 x

Betsy said...

Good morning sweet Shaz. I have been in prayer for your Dad every day. I know how worried you must be. I pray that our sweet Savior will touch his heart I bring him to Himself.
Your cards are beautiful today as always. You definitely have a gift.
Much love and blessings, Betsy

LilArtsyWoman said...

Beautiful cards to view. Love your creations.

Claire said...

Our prayer group meets tomorrow - will mention your dad in our prayers. Sending love x
Claire no.6

Shoshi said...

What beautiful cards, Shaz, and as always, stunning Aussie photos. The sunset one is sooo beautiful! I am so sorry to hear about your Dad and I hope he feels better soon. Lifting you all up in prayer. It's a difficult time. Thank you for your comment and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit! I a overjoyed to hear of the success of your 5:2, and thrilled that you got the inspiration to do it from me! It's the only diet that's ever worked for me. I've put on 1/2 stone since coming out of hospital and can't seem to shift it but I'm feeling much better these days, mostly from the kefir and sourdough I think!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #25

Helen said...

I am so sorry to hear your Dad is still so unwell. Hope he recovers soon. The cards are fabulous, as ever. The Aussie photo - I always look forward to those! Helen '1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your dad is still poorly Shaz - I sincerely hope he manages to recover his health. It will be amazing to meet with you in person, I really hope it all comes off. Those cards are fabulous by the way, you always do something fresh and beautiful.
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Sending get well wishes to your Dad Shaz, so sorry to hear he is still unwell. Both in my thoughts and prayers. Your cards are as always beautiful.
Creative wishes Tracey #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I always love your photos. I hope your dad is feeling better soon. Loving the cards especially the one with the ship it's a great masculine card. Have a great woyww and a lovely crafty week, Angela x17x

loz said...

Stunning cards Shaz.. I will be praying for your father. Hugs Loz

Carmen said...

Hope your Dad feels better soon and that your situation lets you visit a certain somewhere. What a huge trip!

Your plant and sunset are just so beautiful - what a place to live!

Carmen x #35

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. Have said all in the email - but just to say I really like that card - it's beautiful. You are so creative with them.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #11

Marit said...

It's weird to think you have WINTER now while we are suffering from another tropical day in the Netherlands... but I wanted to thank you for your visit to my desk the other day and pay you a visit back so here I am, sweaty and all, sending you a hug from Holland. (And no, not Amsterdam ;) but a little town in the South-West of the Netherlands that is even more beautiful: Middelburg. See this blogpost here: https://www.maritspaperworld.com/blog/a-tourist-walk-and-woyww-466/ )
Marit #23

Cheetarah said...

Beautiful cards and great sunset view. Sorry to hear about your dad, but hope he feels better soon.

Happy weekend! xo Cheetarah #30

Di said...

Beautiful card Shaz. Still thinking positive thoughts for your Dad here. It seems there's a lot of excitement about your other news! Shame I won't be around but am sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Hugs

Di xx

Anne said...

Hi Shaz. I have not joined in this week as I have been looking after our grandsons for most of the week.
So sorry to read your dad still so poorly and I will continue to keep him in my prayers.
Of course I knew about your special news :-), fingers crossed! Anne x

Anne said...

Hi Shaz. I have not joined in this week as I have been looking after our grandsons for most of the week.
So sorry to read your dad still so poorly and I will continue to keep him in my prayers.
Of course I knew about your special news :-), fingers crossed! Anne x

Mrs.D said...

Hi Shaz, Sorry I am so late visiting, life is busy round here, decorating and gardening, and just doing.
I love that Penny black die, and it looks go good in different colours, and I like the die you cut the bottom of the panels with, lovely cards.
Still praying for your Dad.
Chris #9

Pia S said...

I love making male cards but for teenagers as well as the very mature men I find it tricky to make cards for. The nautical design I think is spot on for a 90 year old.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful job on your cards and I think your friend will be thrilled with the card you made for her Dad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...