Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 29 August 2018

Stencils Oxides Inky Embossing + WOYWW

Hi everyone.
Glad to be sharing today's crafty desk at WOYWW over at Julia's Stamping Ground. 
For those of you who are regulars to this blog, and wondering what's been happening please read this Post over here on vale Mike in Oz.
A quick post because I've been crafting with a very dear friend.. how wonderful!!
 Using Oxides here blending on top layer of EF for gentle shading underneath then loads of smooshing ink on top as well for real dimensional pop!
Then below is a stencil with blending of Oxides for a wonderfully fun background.
 Loved this result .. stencils and inks all supplies are my friend Anne's..  so can't give details sorry!
Rubbing wax on triple embossed craft cardstock.
The oxides were great on gold cardstock here too!! More wet amd dry embossing.
Finished result certainly worth it! Used silver rubbing wax on dragonfly.
Finished Desk. The plain brown check were simple dry wet embossing combo. Inked up top side of folder and emboss really well with number of passes through cuttlebug to give more dimension.
Card made with Washi tape, peel offs and scored lines. China H.B. die is triple cut in red gold and top layer is washi, all slightly offset for a shadow effect.
A tranquil photo from springtime Oz today after an afternoon's walk. Note wattle flowers in foreground.
Thank you to all who pop over and say hi. 
You really do bless my heart. 
I pray God may bless yours, also. 
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x
A favourite verse in times of trouble but also good for every single day of our lives . 
A proverb to live by, for us all:

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe."
Proverbs 18:10
Linking also over to:
1. Snippets Playground. Happy Birthday card is snippets
2. Word Art Wednesday

30 comments:

Pia S said...

Lots of interesting pieces on your desk this week. Very much like the feathery embossed and inked backgrounds.

Betsy said...

Oh how beautiful Shaz. I love all of the cards you made this week. The feathery colors are just so pretty. I have lots of washi tape and I’m never sure how to use it. I need to go online and try to find some ideas. You have been in my prayers often my friend. I hope all is well with you.
Blessings,
Betsy

Cathy said...

Lots of wonderful eye candy there in those pieces Shaz, and your washi tape card is so pretty too, Cathy x

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what fun to craft with a friend Shaz, and you have some amazing results there!! Love love love the deep embossing, and I recognise some of the folders you have used.
Blessings
Maxine

glitterandglue said...

Morning Shaz. What a fantastic time you are having with Anne. Restful - just what was needed. Popped over to read the post in the link - beautiful. Well done.
Not long now until...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Neet said...

Are you here? Or there? I am so looking forward to next week when, hopefully, we meet up again. Still cannot believe it and have to pinch myself.
Love what you made with your friend - you have certainly used the Oxides in a different way and the results are beautiful.
Too excited to write more - see you soon my friend.
Love and Blessings, Neet 4 xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I popped over to read your other blog - sending you big hugs Shaz. Those cards you made are really lovely, I especially like the one of the bid sitting on the reeds. I'm looking forward to meeting you very soon - safe travelling.
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Love all the experimenting with the Oxides and embossing folders/stencils Shaz. The birthday card is so simple but beautiful . That washi tape is gorgeous. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #18

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, still can't believe we get to meet you next week! Love all the cards and experiments on your desk this week,the wax on the triple embossing is on my to try list! Have a lovely week,Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. Thank you for all the inspiration for Distress Oxide usage. I am particularly loving it on gold card. Ali x #22

Ellie said...

Lovely stencilling, I adore the result of oxides on coloured card.
Happy woyww
Ellie #26

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, great samples with the Oxides and thanks for sharing your experiments. Happy woyww, Angela x9x

Dorlene Durham said...

I may be the only person left who does not have these oxides. Your cards and samples are gorgeous as always! Have a great week. Dorlene #31

Helen said...

wonderful rainbow distress colours there! Helen #1

Caro said...

I love the use of the oxides - I've never tried them but am very tempted to buy some now I have seen your great results. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Caro x (#35)

Frayed Round The Edges said...

looks like you have had a lovely time with your embossing folders. They often get forgotten about. Karen 21

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, there is certainly a lot of interesting items in your post today. The cards are all beautiful. Have a lovely week Heather #11

loz said...

Hello Shaz. I Love all the different makes on your table.. I have never seen oxide inks here.. have to have a look..Loz

Sharon Madson said...

Fabulous inky projects! Love my oxides! Lovely walking area you have near you. I am currently virtually walking the city of Sydney! On Walking4Fun. Happy WOYWW! #33

Brenda said...

Oh Sharon, I'm so happy to hear that you are crafting with a dear friend! I am loving what you ladies have been up too, such beautiful inkiness! I did not realize that was washi tape on the card, it is stunning and so CASalicious! What a beautiful photo of a beautiful day and beautiful scenery!! You do live in a beautiful area of the world my friend. Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers your way! Brenda

Conniecrafter said...

good to see you crafting again, such pretty cards, my favorite is the one with the dragonfly, I love the colors!

Dotty Jo said...

Good to see you rocking the Oxides! Love the effect against the gold cardstock. I'm not really getting into Oxides, I don't seem to be able to get the effects that I see others achieving - more practice needed I think! Have a happy week, TFS, Jo x #36

Shoshi said...

Gorgeous projects, Shaz. I love what you've done with the Distress Oxides and the embossing folders. Fabulous colours too! That verse from Proverbs is one of my favourite verses, too. I used it in one of my little books (the mixed media one I did about a walk in the woods that we did with some Christian friends).

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #37

Di said...

Beautiful work Shaz and I do love your snippets card, very pretty! You've been keeping busy before your trip it seems.

Love and hugs

Di xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lovely to see the different ways you have used the Oxides, love the effect on gold card. Thank you for sharing WOYWW, creative wishes Tracey #8

LilArtsyWoman said...

Great pieces of art...fabulous.

Jo Ann said...

Beautiful cards. Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday. I would like to share with you God's Word in John 8:12 which says, "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” God's Word is timely and timeless. Have a blessed weekend!

JO ANN
https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

glitterandglue said...

Just testing Shaz

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, some beautiful background pieces using the distress oxides and embossing, love the stencilled design.... have a wonderful week... Megan

Dorlene Durham said...

So pretty! I love these embossing plates and they turned out great. Dorlene #28

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...