Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 20 January 2019

CAS Christmas Challenge - Blue + Silver

A few firsts for me this year. This is another. An entry in the CAS Christmas Challenge over here! Loll Thompson is an inspiration. Her blog is a crafty instruction fest! And I love her posts in my inbox... I decided to go smoochy with inks and sprays. It wasn’t my first choice but second as couldn't find Kaisercraft star die or metallic paints I wanted to use ..so chose a CCD and inks and sprays to create the blue silver. 
Here’s the snippets sheet used, once nicely inked up. Used Chipped Sapphire, Silver Cosmic shimmer, Turquoise sprays and shimmer spray. Hard to believe this sheet was a discard from another card, with unwanted digis printed out out on other side. I then made four cards with this sheet.
It was a base sheet on each card of the lovely 3D Textured Swirls 5 x 7” embossing folder by Crafters Companion, which I bought when with Margaret in Wales. Love this folder, but they aren’t cheap here, so glad I bought it in UK. The die is a CCD and cut nicely despite the double sided adhesive tape I used on all die cuts. A number of passes and turn it around was necessary though. 

Here are the completed cards, the silver blue has a lovley uneven tone to it that I really liked.
Here are some more photos to share from Norway trip. I’m not out and about here yet, due to health, so digging into past photos 😊 this was in early Sept 2018. However although late summer early autumn it was 14c Max each day, too cold for me, okay for a visit. The first is for knitters especially my friend Betsy in Spokane. 
We visited a fort on the hill above their flat in Trondheim. 
The last two are flowers on the walk home.
Thanks everyone for popping over for a peek and chat. You make me smile. I pray every blessing upon you and those you love too.
Hugs Shaz in Oz. X
My new blog over here at Wonderful Words of Life. I’d love it if you’d pop over, join and say hi there too. 💕

Today’s Bible thought comes from a favourite of mine. We have no might... neither know we what to do, but our eyes are upon thee. 
In God our darkness will become light, we see as we wait in faith.

Also entering these cards in the following challenges:
https://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2019/01/pixies-snippets-playground-challenge-344.html?m=1
*http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/ A = anything goes B = Berries
2.http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2019/01/chnc-challenge-421.html Anyhitng goes as long as it is Christmas.
3.https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-clean-simple-2/
 4. https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=15322 Recycle it! The blue coloured inky cardstock was actually a reject sheet from another card. 
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2018/12/anything-goes-weeks-364-365.html?m=1

19 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous die and amazing cards
so great organizired closed
and fotos of history, nature, place that you see wauuu
have a great weekend
Tamara

loz said...

Fabulous card Shaz. I hope you get better soon... fabulous photos of your trip..Hugs, Loz

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing diecuts with your own paper, love the cards! Beautiful shots, too!
Hugs

Pia S said...

Great idea to use your own made paper for the die cuts instead of as a background. Stylish design, great for mass production.

Betsy said...

That knit shop looks wonderful. I would love to be able to browse through the shelves. Thank you for the photo my dear friend. The other photos are also lovely, as are your beautiful cards. I hope you are feeling better and will keep you in my prayers.
Blessings,
Betsy

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that lovely background is just perfect for you word tree, love the watercolor feel to it, pretty shimmer and that embossing folder is a great background for it.
Neat pictures from your trip, looks like a great place to visit

Loll said...

Love the blue silver panel you created, Shaz! Gorgeous mix of colours and I love the variations of shades. Such a beautiful tree die-cut that looks fabulous on your textured white background. What a great way to repurpose that used piece of card stock. I'm starting to do that more and more ... and repurposing paper towels too! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Shaz these are beautiful cards - love how you have coloured the snippet for the die cuts, and the textured backgrounds are wonderful.
Gorgeous photos from your trip - I pray you recover soon and can be out and about again
Blessings
Maxine

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

A really brilliant example of why we should never throw apparent failures away. You repurposed that perfectly. Thank you for your visit today. You are right and we all had a great time. Looking forward to the next one. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter)

Anne said...

Love your cards! The die is lovely,(CCD?) and as usual you are ever resourceful! Bravo you! It is so good of you to share not only your creations but the beautiful photos of where you have been and what you have seen. Superb! Although it is cold here at the moment, I can't be thinking about Christmas yet!!!! Carry on getting better, prayers abound xx

oldpunca said...

You have created wonderful blue and silver base for cutting out the sentiment in the shape of the tree. I like embossed background too.
Photos from your trip to Norway are great.

Brenda said...

Loll is a lovely talented lady and has all kinds of awesome challenges! Such a dear person for sure. I love your inky goodness and I love that die. It cut out so beautifully. I love the embossing folder as well, both together makes for a stunning card! Loving those photos, especially that yard shop even though I haven't knitted anything since high school. lol A cool fort and beautiful flowers, you have it all in this post my friend! Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

Love your card and most interesting photos...keep well.xx

Sandra said...

Wonderful cards, the embossing is amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

cotnob said...

Super Christmas cards Shaz, your inky die cuts are fabulous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lin said...

What a great way to recycle that unused panel, and wonderful to get 4 cards from it! Love the embossed details, too - thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge! (I enjoyed your photographs, too - thanks!)

Di said...

Fabulous Christmas cards Shaz - I do love the EF you paired with that gorgeous tree die. Perfect cards!

Lovely photos of Norway as well. I love Scandinavia - so clean and fresh everywhere.

Hugs

Di xx

Bonnie said...

I love this beautiful blue and silver tree of Christmas words, Shaz! It's so pretty on the embossing that looks like swirling snow! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

flossbite said...

Wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Good Luck!
Love your photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...