Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 9 January 2019

CAS Stencil Challenge, Snippety Christmas + WOYWW

Over HERE at the Snippets Playground, Miss Di and gang are celebrating their 8th anniversary, 7 for Di, and one to Jules, who ran it for its inaugural year! Congrats one and all. My makes are below. Hint: green leafy ones!
Also Wednesday again! So desky share time... pop over to head desker Queen Julia of the Stamping Ground
My desk doing some Bokeh technique -> different sized stencils. Still card detritus around from earlier works. Stamps at back right, dies to left, glue of various assortment. BTW if you're thinking of getting the "Best Glue Ever", I wouldn't. I bought some plus the Gina K Connect glue with my Simon Says voucher. Gina K is 10/10 = excellent. Bad thing is haven't found it available in Oz yet. "Best glue ever" = 0 Used it twice, made mess both times. Too slow to set up. My usual glues Tombow Multi Mono Liquid and Ranger Matte medium both sit up, hold fairly quickly. I like that. Whinge over 😊 it was great to try both. Now for my makes, I've been busy! There's new CAS Stencil Challenge by Loll Thompson's -> stencilling with sponging!!! Warning Christmas cards too!! 
 Inked up.. used my Christmas inks from dear bloggy friend. Used new stencil Shazsilverwolf kind of enabled me to buy. Hers wasn't available here but this one by Echo Park 6 x6" was 30% cost of hers, made two cards. Digi sentiment on first, Poppy Stamps Joy set on second.
These are both entries for Loll Thompson's CAS stencil challenge.. Sponging is needed! The Bokeh might make it too! We'll see.
This base was on desk last week.
The stamp set is by Sweet n Sassy, a Christmas goodie. Love this set. Bought it in Oz
 Not available any more, die is CCD.
Have more but will save them as long enough already! I tried the encrusted jewel technique oh I love it, going to try more of it!! Here are are Aussie shots..
We had a ride on the rainforest rattler. I did take photos of rainforest but binned them. Too blurry. It went really fast! And a real rattler too, really noisy! Views from train .. was 5pm so not bright sunshine.
Pineapple update- as you can see the baby pineapple is getting bigger. Maybe ripe by March? They're slow growing especially with zero rain at moment. It only gets my weekly water.
A bit of news - I've started a new blog called "Wonderful Words of Life" over HERE.
I'd love if you're interested to pop over to say hi.. thanks for calling especially if you say Hi! And may God richly bless your day where ever you maybe.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x.
Thought for the day comes from my card. The Wait on the Lord set by Sweet n Sassy is part a favourite Psalm 37. When it says "rest" its the same word also translated "Be still" and means a cessation of activity.. including worrying, fretting... So often we expend fruitless energy thus. We need to be still, rest, fret not, trust more often. For more on this see HERE
Linking up to:
  ** http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/ Anything goes
** http://casstencil.blogspot.com/2019/01/january-cas-stencil-challenge.html?m=1
** https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/ both Christmas (2nd) and Sweet n Sassy card
** https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/ Some things new on all cards! Inks, Stencil, Dies, stamps all new.. wow!
** http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/01/january-fabulously-feminine.html?m=1 silver purple glitter card with silver stamped embossing.

40 comments:

Helen said...

Love the stencils you're using for the Bokeh technique! Great cards for your challenges too.
Hope your pineapple grows fast!
Helen #2

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy WOYWW Shaz. Love the cards made with the new stencil. (2nd attempt to comment). Sarah #3

Cathy said...

Hi Shaz, you've been busy! Lots of interesting things on your desk. I want to try the bokeh technique too, gorgeous makes once again, Cathy x

Betsy said...

I love the card with Psalm 37:7 on it. Beautiful. Your train ride looks like it would be a big adventure. Even if the photos didn’t turn out, you still have them in your head and that’s important. Thank you for sharing your beautiful country with us. I also thank you for your encouraging words on my blog. You are a dear sister and I appreciate you. Thank you too, for the beautiful Christmas card. I will treasure it always.
Blessings,
Betsy

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's a great technique is Bokeh gives a stunning effect bringing images to life. Nice Christmas card too Shaz. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that baby pineapple will get plenty of extra water from underground to make it big and juicy.
Happy woyww Tracey #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Loved the cards Shaz but the real stand out winner is the Rairoad Rattler, great name for a brilliant train. I'd had loved to go on that one! So glad you had a good time :-D
HUgs LLJ 5 xxx

Shoshi said...

Lovely cards, Shaz, and I particularly like the Scripture one - the text surrounded by the delicate gold die-cut is gorgeous. What is the encrusted jewel technique? That sounds very interesting! The Bokeh looks fabulous too - never tried that but I love the effect always. Your rainforest adventure looks marvellous, and the train extra fun! I love seeing your Ausie photos, and how exciting to see the little pineapple grow!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #18 x

Annie said...

Love the latest cards. I especially like the fact you have all the gear and know how to use it too.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

kiwimeskreations said...

What great cards Shaz - as usual, your work is wonderful. Love how you have used the green inks through stencil on the two Christmas cards - the holly leaves look quite dimensional.
Blessings
Maxine

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz. I am loving those Christmas cards so much. I love the Bokeh technique too, one of my favourites. Makes great photographs too. I understand now why you prefer this type of comment box as I've just been somewhere else and half way through just lost everything, this is much more stable. Sending big happy woyww hugs, Angela x10x

Marit said...

We in the Netherlands grow Kale and you have pineapple in the garden... how wonderful this world is and to be able to see (and talk!) to each other at the other side of the world! It still amazes me, this online world and group of 'friends' we make! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Happy woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #20

brenda said...

A beautifulcreation for our 'Fabulously Feminine' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, good info on the glue. I've seen Jennifer Macguire highly recommend the Connect glue. Not seen the 'Best Glue Ever', but sounds like I'm not missing anything. Gorgeous Holly stencil Shaz,Does a fab job. Now I have to go and research the Encrusted Jewel Technique- sounds very interesting. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

Di said...

Super cards Shaz and I love the stencil work. Perhaps that ought to be a goal for me to get my head round this year? Your results are so pretty.

Great to see you in the Snippets Playground and don't worry about the Grand Draw. It ran for two weeks over Christmas and New Year AND you added your name for a chance of at least one of the prizes - I just did a very quick check of my lists!

Love

Di xxh

Shoshi said...

Thanks for your return visit, Shaz, and for your prayers and good wishes! So glad you enjoyed my post this week. Funny you thought of wearing the jumper inside out too! As for Ruby, I often think that, how protective she is of Lily when she's the one that needs protecting when they are out! I came to the conclusion after a lifetime of sharing a house with kitties (i.e. being allowed to live in the same house as them) that you will never fathom them out. I suppose that's why we find them so fascinating!

Hugs,
Shoshi x

craftyani said...

Thanks for your visit will try and remember to show more of my garden next week. haven't tried to go pineapple. Love the holly Christmas cards and the religious sentiment, not so many religious cards around these days, but that one is great for religious and non religious people. Ani 14

J said...

Hi Shaz, I love your stenciling, much more successful than mine!!! I love that stencil too.
I wonder if we could grow a pineapple in Spain? We grow citrus fruits and Peaches, Apricots etc, might have to look into that seeing as our son bought us a Pineapple corer and slicer.
Jan S no 23

Caro said...

Gorgeous cards and i love the little WOYWW note on your desk. Your stenciling is fab, Happy WOYWW, thanks for sharing. Love and God Bless, Caro x (#27)

Marilyn Mathis said...

Love your cards. Haven't tried the Bokeh technique yet. Thanks so much for the tip on the glues. This was very helpful.
Hugs, Marilyn

Cardarian said...

Hi Shaz!

Lovely cards! And thank you for always showing us a bit of your country! It was so dull here today there was no point in taking a photo!😊
Have a lovely week!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Dorlene Durham said...

I love the stenciled holly card and I can't believe you're already starting on Christmas...so fun. Happy WOYWW! Dorlene #30

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, The cards are lovely.

Thanks for sharing your photos. Beautiful scenery.

Bet you are looking forward to eating that Pineapple.

Thanks for stopping by my6 blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #16

Loll said...

Hi Shaz! You've been busy getting inky ... whatfun!! LOVE your two holly sponge stenciled cards. The holly and berries are beautifully coloured. Not sure if you got both cards from the same beautiful holly sponged card, but they are so pretty and I like how you've finished them differently. The first one is so pretty with the added texture in the background from your embossing. The second one is wonderful with the white framing. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

Your third card is gorgeous. What a beautiful background die and so pretty from the silver foil card. And your start of your bokeh card in your WOW picture look amazing. Loll xx

Julia Aston said...

Lots to read about on this post! I love your holly stencil and the pretty mix of greens and red inks on it! Lovely framings on both versions - I like the embossed sentiment and JOY on the 2nd one and the lovely Bible verse on the 1st. thank you for joining us in the 1st CAS Stencil challenge! xx

loz said...

Fantastic cards and I love the stencil Shaz..I have never heard of the rainforest rattler. Sounds like fun. I have been on the Kuranda railway several times 40 yrs ago...Loz

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You stencilled background looks just amazing and love the touch of inka gold!!! Love also the encrusted jewel technique on you second one, I have to try this!
Beautiful aussie shots!
Hugs!

Neet said...

I just love that train. Once saw one with the cattle thing on the front in America and have tried to see one ever since - not a glimpse. Ambition was always to photograph one - but it had to be in use and not in an exhibition.
Great cards my lovely, I do like the Bokeh technique but have never heard of the encrusted jewel technique - will have to look that up as to how you do it.
Have a lovely week, take care and stay well and safe.
Blessings & Gentle Hugs, Neet 6 xx

sandra de said...

Lovely to be back Shaz and hope I can keep it up. Gorgeous card your skills are truly amazing and now you can add pineapple grower to your list of talents. Have a lovely week.
sandra de

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful cards, I so love the shading you achieved on the holly, the embossed framing of it is so pretty, the second card is so lovely with it's sparkle and mirror die cut background!!

nancy littrell said...

Thank you Shaz for your 2 Holly stenciled cards with the dry embossed background and simple framing. So pleased you joined us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge:Sponging. Beautiful 3rd card too. TFS Hugs...Nancy

Twiglet said...

The little holly stencil is lovely - Christmas will come round all too quickly!! lol xx Jo

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous cards...so sweet. Your photos are wonderful, love that baby pineapple!

pinky said...

Love your take on our challenge. I don't use stencils often but really love the effect. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations!
Hugs
Pinky

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Shaz, I love your embossed holly.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Linda said...

Lovely holly stenciled card. Thank you for the comment on my blog. Lin's Craft Corner from a Fusion card. You asked what CP inks are. They are Catherine Pooler inks and are fabulous. https://www.catherinepooler.com/ They give you a great coverage the first time you ink up.

Lindart said...

I love the holly stenciled card and how you framed it, it doesn't need anything else! Lovely train ride - sounds like an adventure! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #26

Annie Claxton said...

Hi Shaz, sorry to be so late to return your visit butbetter late than never I guess :o) Love the look of your bokeh effect - I keep meaning to try that out. The cards lookfab too, I especially love the holly one, the way theframe sets it all offso beautifully. Have a great week! Annie C #19

Barbara said...

Beautiful card! love your step by step, thanks for sharing ! thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Di said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz and I totally love the jewel effect - ages since I did similar! Love a prompt! Also, your holly leaves/berries cards are super - really fresh looking as well.

Sorry to take so long to comment - blame a white fluffy bundle called Dudley!

Hugs

Di xx

LesleyG said...

Lovely cards Shaz, great techniques, thanks for sharing xxx train looked like fun, and wish it was warm enough for pineapples here, I'm freezing! Xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...