Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 11 March 2020

Snippets + Spellbinder Borderabilities Heart Wedding card + WOYWW

Well, everyone, it’s desky share time over at Julia’s Stamping Ground. My desk shows two cards in the making!
On the right is bird stamped in Memento Sand ink, from an image by Joanna Sheen, I'm trying out a technique by Beccy of "Beccy's place", which will share more fully next week, God willing.
On the left side is a wedding card, an order for a friend, also have started mine for the same couple. I will share it next week too, hopefully!
This Wedding card is finished - the greeting is printed on the computer in French script and cos this sheen soft pink card embosses well, I also heat embossed it while ink was wet.
The top layer of lovely embossed paper, is from years back in Syd store now closed. Used Spellbinder borderabilities on the bottom, and die in centre is one by Impression Obsession called layered hearts, have it because was sent by mistake so sent me right one, allowed to keep two dies.
This card was made first in May 2015. The lower two linked hearts are from very old c.2010, CB set called Hearts, die and EF set.
Next card is similar to last week's aunty Elsie's card. I gave my sister a choice of two bases, as she wasn't sure what she wanted. I made up this simpler one too. Die used is ODB lacey Squares extended to be rectangle. 
(Thanks Marilyn😊 a gift a while back). Image a disc digi.
Aussie shots - When coming home on Sat thought of the icecream drives with dad, so called down to the jetty homemade icecream man for usual passionfruit icecream! love it!
Anyway here are two photos of the marina and jetty...
Lots of action at weekend if weather is good!
Well, that is it for today... pray you're all well!
Praying for each who visit here and their families too to be well.
So let's keep calm, carry on and wash our hands!
Prayer Hugs, 
Shaz in Oz.x 
PS apoligies for being a bad blogger re comments,  trying to do better. Very sorry.
Thought for the day:
This verse is one that over the years has come to mean a lot to me!
And it certainly applies to today.
In the world we will have tribulation, ie trials trouble,cworries...
BUT 
Be of good cheer is what the LORD Jesus says! 
or CHEER UP! 
I have overcome the world.
This cartoon agrees!
Linking up to the following:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes. All cards   http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au
2. Snippets Playground. Snippets used on both cards, all die cuts are snippets, best thing as can use snippets for them! http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2020/03/pixies-snippets-playground-challenge-373.html?m=1

20 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, love the cards. Especially that embossed paper on the wedding card, it's gorgeous.Lovely scenic shots. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Annie said...

Love the cards esp the wedding one. The views of Oz just show your country at it's best...I love them.
Hugs,
Annie x #1

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. The cards are lovely and will be much appreciated, I'm sure. Great papers and colour mixes.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #15

Pia S said...

The wedding card is so elegant, it looks like you’ve combined gold and silver, I usually use either or, but they really look great together.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely!

Diana Taylor said...

Your cards are lovely - the wedding card is stunning and the embossed paper you used is gorgeous on it. Love the little bird stamp too.
Have a great week,
Diana x #9

StampinCarol said...

The wedding card is so elegant with the hearts and embossing. And I love the frame around the photo in your card, really adds some pop.
The bird stamp is so cute and inked in brown then colored, very pretty!
I have memories of going with my gramps to get an orange sorbet at a drug store in his little town. Great memories!
Have a wonderful week!
Carol N #17

Helen said...

Both cards are amazing, but especially the wedding one. passionfruit icecream sounds fabulous, we don't see flavours like that over here. Have a great week Helen #12

okienurse said...

Nice cards...I love all the new cutting dies and how it makes doing easier. Being from landlocked OK I am always glad to see ocean photos. As a kid growing up we lived near water most my young life then moved here...big transition. Have a great week. Vickie #26

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, loving cards and gorgeous photos. Hope you're keeping well. Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x2x

Betsy said...

Beautiful cards and Aussie shots today Shaz. I just popped in at Wonderful Words of Life and left a longer comment.
I've never had passionfruit ice cream. It sounds lovely.
Blessings,
Betsy

Conniecrafter said...

wow that wedding card is just stunning and I love the embossed paper that was a great find, love the hearts entwined.

sandra de said...

Hello Shaz, I'm with you "keep calm, carry on and wash hands" perfect motto. Stunning cards and as always beautiful pics of your beach. Lovely to see some rain fall on our land. Stay safe and keep crafting.
Sandra de @8

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving that wedding card Shaz - that is exquisite, and the birthday one is a beauty too.
Fabulous Aussie shots... we were anticipating Aussie family coming over next weekend, but the trip is now in doubt, thanks to Covid-19 :(.
Blessings
Maxine

Sarah Brennan said...

Such lovely cards as ever Shaz. Look forward to seeing what you do with the stamped bird. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #13

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, I love the embossing on the wedding card, and the entwined hearts. Those are some lovely photos of the marina and jetty, I would love to sit there and enjoy an icecream - never had passionfruit icecream but there's always a first time for everything. Have a lovely week Heather xx #21

loz said...

Your wedding card is so beautiful and elegant Shaz. The 2nd card is gorgeous..Loz

Gail said...

The wedding card is beautiful!
Can't wait to see more on the second one!
Ice cream sounds marvelous!
Hope you are well!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, Shaz. John and his bride are receiving some wonderful cards, that I know. And you sure are nice to your sister. I am curious what Beccy technique? So I will be waiting for that. I do pray this virus spares you guys as much as possible since Aussies have already been through so so much with all the fires. We are completely on nonessential personnel lockdown here in the greater Houston area. Restaurants with pick up and delivery can stay open, gas stations, grocery stores and the like. If it's not essential to living, close up and go home. Even the banks are closing their lobbies and doing drive-up only, as I'm glad they realize we still have a right to our money, lol. I'm heartened and thankful that most people are complying and wanting to do their part. You take good care and have a good weekend, XXO

Di said...

Gorgeous card Shaz - and I do so love the Wedding one as well. Both very elegant, The icecream sounds yummy - I adore passion fruit.

Hope you're keeping well.

So sorry I've taken ages to comment.

Hugs

Di xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...