Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 25 March 2020

Mo’s Christmas Challenge + Robin card WOYWW

Hi there everyone,well amazingly we are into our third Rudolph Day of 2020, at Scrappy Mo’s from 25th to 31st March! 'Cos it’s Wednesday, time too for WOYWW or What is on Your Workdesk Wednesday at Julia’s Stamping Ground. 
Now to desks .. cards below.
Firstly my desk this morning, this was after a quickly whipped up Christmas card last night as suddenly realised it was 25th today!!! Want to join in every challenge of Mo’s each month, so had to do it. The card caused most of mess. At back left almost hidden is the finished 70th Robin card, which really love. The rest is what was on desk before started or Christmas card detritus. Had a wee gift card for ages on desk from two Christmases ago, so decided to use it as greeting. Everything took off from there, the CB EF Gracie’s Frame was chosen cos was going to use the nativity stamp, then decided greeting would swamp the small stamp, so then thought of Kaisercraft Star Die or perhaps the coloured Bugaboo nativity images at back, star die won 'cos was easiest! Time short and all that.
This afternoon’s desk here is way more boring. Paperwork (mostly hidden for privacy) is being done ready for mailing as consequence of CV-19! Our church is in shut down like everything not essential. Usually *print off bulletin of our older group and hand out at church. No church = so no hand out.
Am finding this being at home avoiding people is taking more time! Certainly zero spare up my sleeve! Good to be busy.
Being me, can’t mail something without a note, so everyone is getting snail 🐌 mail! 😃.
(*BTW Neet, Eco printer on last week does have scanner).
Well, last week back HERE on last week’s post I shared this card in step by step detail of image creation. Finally happy, two days I was all sixes and sevens in deciding.
When that happens I hide it for a day or two, ie turn it all over, pray and leave ... come back and try again and it usually wonderfully works! The stamps is Sheena Douglass Little Bit Sketchy 2 - Faith.
And what a 
beautiful sentiment for Today! My sister (who gave me Prismas), is a real critic, and loved it. Cut image with Wonky rectangles largest die, inked up edges with DI diff colours. Happy Birthday Die Is Elizabeth design and greeting is assorted SB circle dies, disc. On this image below you can really see the WOW copper glitter EP. Had for years & still NBUS amazing colour!
The 70 die is free number set with my machine, lots of snippets on this card.
Christmas card is simple, snippets too, as EF piece is left over bit as are Die cuts. Silver red Shimmer card is cheapie, but good one is new sheet.
Now to Aussie shots, or some Aussie and some Brittany spring.
The flowers are from Anne in France’s garden - though we cannot mingle in person we can share beauty over the net!
I do adore both daffodils and tulips (incl. pink flamingo). They don’t really grow well here, but planted my sweet peas for our spring yesterday!
We had a lovely day today but couldn’t enjoy it really except to put washing out early and bring in late cos was so busy. Autumn is really lovely here! We are so blessed.
Here are two beach shots to cheer you up, do love the seagull parade there on the rocks don’t you? 
May our wonderful loving Father God bless your day wherever you maybe, and keep you and all those you love safe and very well!
Thank YOU especially if you have time to comment. I did nearly all last week except Aimslee she’s not WOYWWer. 
Also couldn’t comment on Shoshi’s blog, it said I was locked out of commenting on this blog!!! Wrote nice long comment, but it was gobbled all up!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 🙏🏻🤗
Thought for the day:
Few things I would like to share.
Firstly this one from Anne Frank really put things in perspective!
This hugging Snoopy (virtual hug 😉) Snoopy I loved too.. sending 🙏🤗 hugs your way!
 I’m a real Snoopy fan, and think this is very apt for WOYWW and blogging bonds of friendship.
Last one is designed by young friend here, she has a blog here  but though she sent to me not up there yet. I loved this so VERY often in life I feel OVERWHELMED! When my heart is overwhelmed... then lead me.. ie guide me to the Rock.. Jesus is our Rock. In every moment of life, IF we are anchored in HIM we will HOLD FAST!!! How blessed, here is my Christian blog .. I’ve done some encouragement over there too. 
Linking up to the following:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes. Both cards  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au
2. Snippets playground,  all card snippets except base. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2020/03/pixies-snippets-playground-challenge-374.html?m=1
3. Allsorts Challenge. Anything in Animal Kingdom .. bird card
4. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas card challenge. Anything goes. http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/?m=0

38 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the finished robin card Shaz, especially the sentiment. Glad you are keeping safe and busy. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #10

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m so glad you’re well and that isolating isn’t boring! I too don’t have any trouble filling the days. Miss visiting Mum very much, that did create a noticeable gap in each day but I’ve filled it after a weeks practice, amazing how much we all fit in and around when we want to! Autumn is looking quite serenely beautiful with you. Made me smile about the sweet peas...ours will be started next month for summer! Love how the one Christmas card took up all the desk. Happens so often, and I liked the thought process..use the greeting, intended image too small...it’s like reading my own thoughts as I make a card! Great result, you sure have made some lovely cards. That robin is a ‘gasp’ card.

glitterandglue said...

Morning Shaz. I love that robin card. It's beautiful. Well done on getting it finished. The start of the Christmas cards, too - I have thought about it, but not done anything about starting them yet!! Still trying to tidy a bit after the marathon card making fest!!!
Great shots of Anne's garden and of your beach.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #8

Twiglet said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely post - it certainly made me smile - especially your beautiful robin card. Lovely day here too - washing out and the sky seems a brighter blue and the air seems fresher. Take care. xx Jo

craftyani said...

I love that Robin card one of my favourite birds. I have one that somes and visits as it is passing through Spain! Love the daffs and tulips,something we can grow here but with the weather we have had the last few days all the flowers have been flattened. ANi#13 now was 14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm so glad that you're doing ok Shaz - and I am very grateful for this technology that makes keeping in touch with friends and family so much easier. That Robin card is a triumph, I'm sure the recipient will be chuffed with it - I would! I hope that your'e managing to keep in contact with your church family, are they screening services from somewhere? That's what they're doing in the UK.
Take care lovely gal and keep safe.
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love your gorgeous Robin card and you've show that a Christmas image can also be a Birthday one too. I also love the simpicity of the star card.

Keep safe and well
Sue xx

Annie said...

It's good to hear you're keeping busy my friend. Fab cards and stunning flowers....it as if nature is doing it's best to find us something to smile about in this mad world we are living in.
Stay safe and keep crafting.
Hugs,
Annie x #15

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, lovely card, and agree the coper EP is gorgeous. Love the EF used on the second card. Don't think I've used mine yet either! I'm a fellow Snoopy lover, I used to have loads of the little paperback books.Stay safe,Have a good week, Huge hugs, Shaz #1 X

Sue Jones said...

Stunningly beautiful card!! Lovely photos- i miss the beach. Take care - keep safe. Soojay#21

Jenny L said...

Hi Shaz,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What very brilliant cards and I love your super designs.
They are so wonderfully created.
Love the Robin sitting on that branch.
Love the Anne Frank saying it does put perspective on our situation.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

mamapez5 said...

Wise words on your cards today Shaz. I do like the little robin and his quote.
I also print off the bulletin for my church but I do not know who has given permission for digital copies to be sent, and none of us share our snail-mail address. In fact lots of my friends don't have a proper one, and don't get mail delivered. They have to collect it from a central office and of course, they cannot go out to that right now, so my printing is on hold. We do have a good Facebook page though, and our minister posts regular messages.
Hope you are staying safe. and well. Kate x

Betsy said...

Such beautiful cards dear Shaz and the flower photos make me long for spring. We woke up to a couple of inches of snow that was completely unpredicted. It was supposed to be 57F today! Thank you for your tidbits of sharing. I'm feeling overwhelmed often during these days too. I'm so glad we have the Rock to cling to. Praying for you my dear sister.
Blessings,
Betsy

Glenda said...

You are so very creative and your finished robin card is amazing! I love seeing the outdoor shots as well...I'm on day 8 of not going out at all...no shopping at all and I'm good until one day next week when I will need to visit the drugstore. Stay safe my friend!
Glenda #17

Shoshi said...

Lovely cards and photos as usual, Shaz. The reminder about Anne Frank is brilliant. I must say I'm getting a bit fed up with people on YouTube continually moaning about how bored they are, stuck at home! When you've been pretty much housebound for over 10 years it puts things into perspective a bit. When you can't get out and about, you find other things to do. The trouble is, many people only get their happpiness from going out drinking with friends, and being in the limelight (some of the worst moaners have been so-called "celebrities"!).

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #35 (joining a bit late in the day this week!)

Helen said...

loving the cards! also the sunny flowers from France. Very wise words (the Anne Frank one is going the rounds on FB) and we all need to do our it. Sounds like finally people here are behaving abit more responsibly when shopping for food, not that I've been out for a few days. Have a great week Helen #5

StampinCarol said...

Gorgeous cards! The Faith sentiment is perfect with the little bird (love the coloring). And the star card is beautiful!
Love the daffodils and tulips. The ocean scenes are so calming!
I do get out to get our mail (almost daily, 1 mile drive) and groceries (weekly). But tomorrow I have to run for equipment parts for hubby's work. Most will be curbside service.
Love the quotes, especially the Rock.
Thanks for stopping by and God bless!
Carol N #28

Kathleen said...

A really super image and a lovely background EF, love the colours too. Thank you for joining our 'Animal Kingdom' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Dorlene Durham said...

Beautiful card I love the robin. So pretty. I’m working remotely from home so I am trying to actually work, but it’s hard when I don’t have my files or all the equipment. I am getting a lot of my UFOs completed in between answering emails. Stay safe and healthy.
Dorlene #32

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the robin card. I'm with you, if you can't decide hoe to complete a card it's better to leave it for a while something nearly alwys comes to you when you rest your brain. I noticed what you said about Shoshi's blog, it doesn't like me either but I went back a few hours later and it allowed me in, can't make it out but not been on today yet. Take care, keep safe and craft on. Sending hugs, Angela x3x

kiwimeskreations said...

Exquisite cards Shaz - that robin one with the copper is stunning, and I love the elegant design of the Christmas one.
Thank you for the floral and beach scenes. - I have been busy weeding the vegetable gardens and cutting back growth that is dying off etc. Yesterday I cooked up another batch of (home grown) courgette ad tomato to puree and freeze.
Yes, time is still at a premium even though I am in lock down! My DIL called by this morning on a walk with the children - so hard not to give the littlest one a cuddle :( - we had to stand either side of the fence to chat.
Stay safe
Blessing
Maxine

sandra de said...

The quote re Ann Frank does put it all in perspective and just highlights how self obsessed we have become as a culture. Love the cards and beautiful flowers and a beach photo...... all stunning. Have a safe week.
Sandra de @6

Neet said...

Good to see you are keeping well Shaz. I was wondering about you the other day so it is good to see you on here and know that you are keeping busy. Gosh you are one of the first people I connected with on woyww and I remember vividly how you used to post pictures of your cards surrounded by pebbles on the beach. Speaking of beaches, I bet you are missing being able to visit yours and go for a swim now that they are places we cannot go to. I think we will have to make do with the photos you post of your lovely beaches whilst this ban is on.
The robin card is lovely and I did look at how you had done it last week. I rarely use kraft card but this is so nice that it is in use from now on. Love the star card that is a beautiful die and is simplicity at its best in the way you have used it. So clean looking and beautiful.
I find I am buying a bit more over the net than usual, (stamps) natural way to cheer me up I guess but if I find we are not over spending I think a new printer will be on the horizon. Shopping is being delivered in a couple of weeks time so that is costing more with rising prices and delivery but hey ho, we are not using the car so petrol is a money saver and also we are contributing to a cleaner air.
Well, my lovely friend, I will leave it there. Think about you often and holding you in prayer
Lots of Love and Blessings, Neet 7 xx

Diana Taylor said...

The Robin card is beautiful Shaz, such a lovely image and gorgeous colouring. Well done for getting on with Christmas - I suppose if I buckle down and use this lock down time wisely I could be completely sorted for Christmas cards before the summer is out - that would save the usual mad rush and panic a week or so before Christmas!
Love the flowers - such brightness to cheer us all up,
Stay safe and well,
Hugs, Diana x #22

loz said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz. Love the robin one. I do remember the movie of the dairy of Anne Frank and yes, I think a few weeks in isolation is a lot better than that..P.S. was it you who has the eco printer. I purchased one and did not know it had to be connected by wi-fi which I have no idea how to do it...Loz


laurelkerr@ymail.com

My name is Cindy said...

Lovely post with great cards and photos. Think we will all be organised for Christmas this year. Happy WOYWW (I know I'm late!!) Stay well, stay safe, Cindy #23

brenda said...

This is such fun and perfect for our 'Animals' theme at Allsorts challenge and a super post as always Shaz, thanks so much for joining us this week. Keep well and safe.

B x

Ellibelle said...

Such beautiful cards and wonderful pictures! Those flowers are gorgeous!
Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge!

Caro said...

I love that Bible verse - so perfect for the occasion. I also love the tulips and daffodils; my parents ran a bulb nursery so I grew up surrounded by fields of miniature daffodils. I so love your beautiful surroundings and your gorgeous cards. Happy Belated WOYWW. Stay safe my friend. Take care, with love & God Bless, Caro xx (#15)

Anne said...

That's such a lovely card!I love the shots of the beach too. Reginald the flamingo is very happy to be famous! We have visited Anne Franks house and know how confined a space she had to live in.Lets continue to focus on what is good and lovely out there and remember to lift up the vulnerable people specifically in our prayers.

scrappymo! said...

Your Rudolph entry is a stunning card. That star die is wonderful!

The mirri card looks great here. Mirri is usually a fortune over here. Every now and again I find some at a dollar store and try to buy 5 or 6 packages. I do not like to clear a shelf as that is greedy, but if there is a full shelf, then I will grab the half dozen...

Your Robin birthday is also very pretty. I love robins as they herald the start of the new season!

Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.

Conniecrafter said...

I am so thrilled that I am actually caught up with the amount of cards I wanted to have done for Christmas by this time, I hope I can keep that up throughout the year. I love that bird, so cute. It sure is weird not going to church but thankful that we can get together over the internet and keep in touch that way, years ago we wouldn't be able to have a service on line. You take care!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards for the Rudolph challenge and I love the words of wisdom and encouragement you have added to your post as well. Stay healthy.

Robyn Oliver said...

Great post Shaz, glad you're keeping busy and staying home. I'm just loving your robin card, it's beautiful. Stay safe and hugs Robyn

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Shaz, good to see and hear that you are keeping well and very occupied during these times of isolation. The 70th birthday card for Robin I could look at all day long, so lovely and creative. A beautiful selection shared again along with the blooms from across the miles although thousands of miles apart we have all never been so close.
I've seen so many services posted online how wonderful that we can all share these without missing out on something that's part of our lives.
You take good care of yourself & stay stronger than ever, we can do this!! Creative wishes & blessing sent your way this Sunny Sunday Tracey #19 xx

Di said...

Gorgeous card Shaz - and a very thoughtful image/theme too. Glad to read you're coping OK - and it's lovely that you came to play with us!

Hugs from afar


Di xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hello Shaz, I reduced my social media time for Lent and am horribly behind but making my progress through everyone's posts. I love that birthday card and your combos of the circles for the quote. Lovely silver card too, and flowers and beach and inspiring quotes to remember. I'm on my 43rd day straight of self-isolation aka home duty. REALLY want some fast food or restaurant food, but Honey says no, we will cook our own. Otherwise, I am just gaining weight, lol. Stay safe! xoxo

sweet art designs said...

Great CAS design. I am sorry I am so late commenting but I have and computer issues and no one available to fix it. Thank you for joining us at Crazy Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Myrna S. Design Team Member.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...