Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Pokémon Peek-a-boo Card + WOYWW

Well, it has been a long week, the past week, hasn't it? 
Many unusual adjustments to be made. 
However, some constants, the LORD God ... and WOYWW!! 😉😊
As 'tis Wednesday, so it’s time to pop over to deskland for WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday at Julia’s Stamping Ground!
My desk is midstream from yesterday as have been so busy today haven’t even made it to crafty place for today’s photo, it’s after 10pm as type this. Here I’m making a peek-a-boo card, aka Jennifer McGuire, and also used this Splitcoast Stampers video, too.  Latter video was helpful in making me realise a dark coloured background would blend better with mechanics. Am no mechanical engineer like JM is, so made two prototypes, see on desk top left. First one is teeny US size that JM uses, just so had details all correct. Second one was actual size I wanted to make it. Third time, the actual card was really simple to put together. I’ve learnt the hard way don’t waste good card on first or even second attempt! Save prototypes in drawer!!!
Made this card on 300gsm , it’s very sturdy card. Had to change printer settings otherwise it just spat it out. 
Background of lovely greens ( for Mr 7, who is a Green addict) is from Mr Google, as are other Pokémon images. Card was mailed yest and Master 7 doesn’t look at blogs.
Finished card, on outside... used oval Die as needed it to fit image, should’ve made it with a smaller Die, as it was borderline fitting it across width with sliding mechanisms of images 😉 praise God it made it by skin of teeth, but not ideal.
Outside close up... font is a Pokémon font, from download from Dafont, coloured it in yellow Tombow water colour pen.
Inside of card opened.
Now up close (See slight edge on far right of second oval is almost visible, attached it on back with “blue tac” and kept moving to till was just right, tad tricky ‘cos had made fraction too big an oval). 
Well, here are some Aussie shots.
We aren’t allowed out except for essentials like everywhere else, but daily walk is included so wandered to beach for you 😊 our weather is superb autumnal days, so blessed.
Last one is a rose, Mr Lincoln. We’ve 8 cases of CV in our town, as of today 21 died in Australia.
Lord bless you all, dear ones, pray for you every evening that the Lord would watch over you and keep you and your dear ones safe, ..” we have no might neither know we what to do, yet our eyes are upon Thee.”
Prayer hugs
Shaz in Oz.x
Thought for the day:
 Very apt, the Lord Jesus Christ is our All in all.

Linking up to the following:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes. All cards  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au
2. https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/ Simon Says Wednesday  Challenge - Birthdays 

26 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad that the beach is close enough to walk to Shaz. Love the peek a boo card! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, oh I bet he loved his card! Fabulous job. Lovely scenic pics, and that rose is a glorious colour. Stay safe and have a good week,Hugs, Shaz #7 X

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. A really cute card there for Mr 7! I'm sure he will love it. Great sun-filled Aussie shots. You have been fortunate so far in Australia - only 21 deaths. Already the number in Britain is well over 1000. I don't know what today's figure is, haven't had the news on. I find I can't keep listening to it - there's no-one here to talk it through with, so it becomes too much - I listen to the headline news, and the actual articles, but once they get on to discussions, I switch off! I like the four essentials!!
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #8

Sue Jones said...

what a great card - I bet he loved it . As for your morning walk ....sigh ...truly Beautiful. Take care and Keep safe Soojay#21

Diana Taylor said...

Wow the card is amazing, I bet he loved it. What a blessing to have that wonderful beach right on your doorstep during these strange times. Beautiful photos.
Hope you have a good week, stay safe and well,
Hugs, Diana xx #13

Annie said...

Hi Shaz. Love your card....you are so clever. I feel so blessed for my crafts and this wonderful group we belong to...we have so much to thank Julia for don't we?
Stay safe and keep busy my friend.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Thank goodness for online friendship, crafting classes and all round support - this crisis would have been very different without it. I'm grateful for all the love from my bloggy buddies around the world! The Pokemon card is awesome, my boys would like that as well!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Betsy said...

That is a great card Shaz. I'm so glad to see your post today and know that you're doing okay. Thank you also for the photo of the beach. Those of us stuck inside really appreciate it. I'm keeping busy with my yarn and watching lots of utube videos. Much love and God's peace to you my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Caro said...

Love the Pokemon card and your beach photos - so pretty. The two quotes are fabulous as well. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay well, With love & God Bless, Caro x (#17)

Helen said...

I do envy you the beach being within walking distance! The card turned out really well. Stay safe Shaz Helen #3

Stacy Sheldon said...

HI Shaz, that is an amazing card :) I love that you live close enough to the beach that it can be part of your walk too :) ~Stacy #29

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Shaz how fun n fab is that card, my eldest Son is 26 but would love that card Pokemon is still his favourite hee hee.. Glad you can still go for a stroll along the beach, now that is something we could all do with.
What a beautiful rich red is that rose.
Stay safe on those walks & keep crafting Shaz, sending blessing your way this woyww Tracey #25 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, pleased to hear you're okay. Loving the card, what fun. Beautiful photographs and loving the rose it's a beauty. Just off to bed now so guessing you'll be up soon. Take care and have a lovely woyww and a happy creative week, Angela x18x

StampinCarol said...

What a cool card! I think I need to pop over to Jennifer McGuire's and Splitcoast Stampers and check out the directions!
Beautiful beach, such a nice place to walk. And love the rose.
Love the quotes. I had a moment of anxiety when I first woke up today but got my eyes back where they belonged.
Have a blessed week!
Carol N #27

sandra de said...

Now I know why your cards always turn out beautifully. You make prototypes unlike me who rushes in with gay abandon. I am sure Hudson will be thrilled. Gorgeous photos of your beaches and hopefully this arvo I will try to get out for a walk while they are still open. They close one beach and the hordes just move to the next beach..... strange times. Gorgeous rose almost tempted to paint something serious again. Stay safe and the essential elements are spot one. Must remember in these strange times he has a plan.
Sandra de @16

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Shaz - love it = I must go and have a look - good on you for persevering with the prototypes, before making the final one. Love the theme and how you have managed to get the backgrounds, type and images off google!
Loving your 'God thoughts' at the end of your post, and thank you for the prayers. Our lock down allows walking/open air exercise for health too.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

lisa said...

Love your card, Shaz, that made me smile.
How wonderful to be able to walk to the beach for your daily exercise. Your photos of such blue sky are indeed a tonic, as is that gorgeous rose. We are just getting the spring flowers and blossom opening here and it's lovely to see it. Definitely makes you feel better. I heard things are improving in Australia, I hope that's true for you. It's all pretty dire here, I've stopped listening to the news, it is very depressing.
Take care and enjoy your week
Hugs Lisax #19

Belinda said...

Love the card! Jennifer McGuire is a magician when it comes to card making. Just brilliant. I am glad to hear you are well and what a lovely place to walk each day.
Thanks for the visit and stay well.
Belinda #31

loz said...

He will LOVE this card Shaz. Fabulous design..Loz

Shoshi said...

I adore mechanical cards and pop-ups, Shaz, and I'm a great fan of Jennifer Macguire as well. I've got some of her videos favourite'd for future reference! Love the Aussie shots too, as usual, and I'm glad you are able to get out and about a bit. Your quotes and Bible verses at the end are so appropriate and so lovely!

God bless, keep safe and well and keep smiling,
Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #26

Gail said...

Great card!
Love the beach pics!
Spring is procrastinating here!
It's lovely for a few days, get going like crazy in the yard, then it gets cold, and snows!
Wash your hands & stay safe!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is a great job on that card, I am sure it will be very loved!
How wonderful it will be to go to the beach, ours are all closed :(

Julia Dunnit said...

‘M so late, honestly dont know why. Now I’ve bust my ipad and so...am closeted in a room without daylight so I guess that may be why I’m visiting slowly! Fantastic card for MAster 7! Just amazing, you really are so patient...printing a background is beyond me, but altering printer settings and working out the aperture and slidey bit amazing. He’ll be so utterly chuffed with it, well done! Wish you could see the faces when they see what you’ve made! Gorgeous beach shots and am so pleased to read that this horrible pandemic isn’t ravaging your nation, what a year. Being able to take a walk to the beach everyday would most certainly encourage me to use my exercise time. Today I tromped round the block and walked to our local Co-Op store to get a pork chop!! I had been on the phone to my Mother In Law and she had expressed a fancy for a roast pork chop because when Poppa was alive they didn’t have it much because he didn’t like it, and so, all of a sudden, she realises she can have it! Made me laugh! So Bart took it to her after lunch, one of the easiest shopping trips I’ve made these last few weeks! Keep well dear gal. X

Neet said...

Beautiful Aussie shots as always, you are so lucky to have such beauty around you. Bet you are missing your swimming, but how lovely to be allowed to walk down to your beach. Is it quite secluded?
The card you have made is magnificent. It is so professional looking and I would not have a clue where to start with something like that. It will be a firm favourite when it goes in the post.
Thanks for the info re the freezer and fridge. Flour now in the freezer for 24 hours or is it 48, must check and the one I used today is in the fridge and I will do a bit of baking tomorrow.
Stay safe and well
Hugs and Blessings, Neet 2 xx

craftyani said...

You are so lucky to still be able to walk on the beach, our beach and paseos have been roped off for weeks now and we are not allowed out for exercise, but if you have a dog you can walk near your home. Keep safe. Ani #1

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Shaz - I had one child, a daughter, and she never got into those pokemon things so I applaud you for even knowing who is who. Your card is delightful and so is that rose. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...