Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 7 October 2020

Oxides NBUS Christmas + Birthday Cards + WOYWW

 Okay, another has week gone... be warned from hereon in there are Christmas cards, it’s hit me suddenly less than three months, so the multi card baking has begun.

Here is first batch .. 15 were stamped in April, did two designs here and here.. but definitely today’s was favourite, so did the others making a total of fourteen in this pile here. Techniques shown Here.

Cos it’s Wednesday it’s time to pop over at Julia’s Stamping Ground, where we see desk of marvellous inspiration worldwide. 
My desk as was this morning, there was part of a 2am batch baking going on left. If I can’t sleep I get up and craft or pray read etc., or all three, always go back to sleep after that. This was technique saw on here. Googled night sky video, as that’s what I wanted, and found it there. Colours are DI Chipped Sapphire, Seedless preserves, Salty Ocean. I used MB stars mask, long disc. .. sorry! Have almost finished first card but not quite, are ten or twelve backgrounds though. On right of desk are two new stamps, Kaisercraft, splatters stamp and fine mesh stamp plus new pads same brand tried the white very nice, love the size, in between big standard ones and ink spots size. Here is card made for birthday in September, for a very special family member, the digital image was google freebie.
Used last week’s Grand Calibur dies for this also with A4 spots EF. Alphabet with EAMON on side is NBUS will need to check brand as I’ve forgotten (yay, off to NBUS challenge!). Had for years unused!
Next card is also a NBUS Stamp by Stamptrap. This birthday was a couple of days ago. Inks are Distress Oxides masked strip. Now Aussie pickies, firstly my Italian 
lavender. Under our tiny lemon tree, I think it’s the biggest lavender I’ve ever seen. It surrounds the whole tree.
 
This one above here is one of its babies. The bees love it.
This is a bunch of our very fragrant sweet peas.
This rose is five large blooms on one stem, called Smooth Serenity because it’s a thornless rose.
This was taken on my walk this afternoon, as you can see it’s quite warm, but not hot really, everyone is enjoying the weather but we do need some rain.

Well, thanks for popping over for peek and especially if you stay to chat. I shall try to return your kindness, you are very much appreciated.

May the LORD bless and keep you blessed in all things, and those you love also.
Prayer hugs, πŸ™πŸ»πŸ€—❤️
Shaz in Oz.x
Thought for Day:
This bookmark is a special gift made for a dear friend who’s really had it really tough this year. 
Psalm 142:3
When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, THEN thou knewest my path.
A beautiful verse to remind us when it's tough going, our God holds us even closer. 
May this verse bless you also.
It will be worth it all when we see Jesus!

Linking over to:
**Word Art Wednesday - anything goes. Both cards  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/
** Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is Anything Goes

Edit: First comment by dear Jan below alerted me to fact that yet again Blogger ate ALL my photos. Truly the new blogger is "hair-tearing-out" sometimes. So half hour redoing one by one saving as go... even in upload a number still needed multiple adding. Sigh.

27 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I don't know if you posted any photos Shaz, but I couldn't see them - if you didn't, well, I'm an idiot then! Glad you're keeping busy with the crafting, I've been making Christmas cards too - I know we've got more home time recently with all the COVID restrictions but it seems to be whizzing by!
Hope you are keeping well and safe,
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

Cathy said...

Wonderful Christmas cards Shaz, time is flying by and it will soon be here! Your lavender looks amazing! Hope we all get some much needed rain soon before the heat picks up, take care, Cathy x

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Shaz, I love your little cottage card and the dragonflies.
Your lavender is magnificent
Take care, stay safe and happy WOYWW
Lynnecrafts #19

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shqz. Yay! The pics are there now - well done. Those Christmas cards are lovely. I really should start to be more adventurous with my Christmas cards!!! I love the dragonfly birthday card - and a cute toadstool house for Eamon. Lovely warm looking Aussie shot. It has been really cold and wet here - so much so, that on occasions my heating has cut in automatically - and it is still on its summer, very low, settings!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, wow, so many inspiring card designs! Love the Christmas one, and the dragonfly one is truly gorgeous. The toadstool card is fab, very pretty.I do love lavender, we have a bush in the front garden, just have to remember to cut it back to stop it getting woody and leggy.Stay safe, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, looks like you're having some nice weather at the moment. It's not been too bad here though it's starting to cool down now. Loving your cards, I'm sure I have that dragonfly stamp somewhere.....you know hidden away among all the other forgotten stuff! The garden's looking good and the Lavender is beautiful. Have a lovely week and a very happy and safe woyww, Angela x16x

Twiglet said...

You have been busy with those lovely cards Shaz. The lavender bush is a big bold variety - we have the tiny traditional English lavender in our garden. The bees love it throughout the summer. Take care - hope you are well. xx Jo

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Shaz, lovely cards, your garden is lovely and oh my that beach looks good! Hoping you are keeping well x Angela #25

Sarah Brennan said...

Some great batch making there Shaz, always good with Christmas cards. Great NBUS use too! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Felicia said...

Shaz, your cards are gorgeous! They always are! Such a gift for that! I could lie down in your amazing garden!! I could almost smell all that goodness! Just beautiful! Blessings for the rest of your week! Felicia #27

Diana Taylor said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz - the little toadstool house is adorable and I love the dragonfly one - so classy. Well done on all the Christmas cards, I really need to get into the Festive card making mood but it's just eluding me at the moment - perhaps nearer the time panic will get me moving!
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #14

Betsy said...

Blogger has not been kind lately. The blog I wrote yesterday deleted itself three times before I got it posted. I'm about ready to give up but I'll persist for awhile yet. :-)
Your cards are great. I really like the one for the 5 year old. It's so special and made just for a special 5 year old!
The lavender is gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen that variety in person before. And the rose! It literally took my breath away. It's so delicate and pretty.
We're going into our cooler season and I think snow could arrive soon. It's 82F today but by Saturday we'll have rain and in the low 50'sF. The weather person says that our warmth is over for the year.
Wishing you a wonderful remainder of the week my dear sister. I'm not feeling too well today from my flu shot. Low fever, headache and body aches. I do this every year with the shot and always think about not getting it but then give in.
Take care and my God bless you abundantly,
Betsy

Helen said...

you've been busy with cards! I absolutely love your lavendar! it's huge, and gorgeous. I bet it smells fantastic too. Have a good week, stay safe. Helen #1

loz said...

Gorgeous set of cards Shaz... I am not ready for christmas this year...Your lavender is stunning..Loz

StampinCarol said...

WOW! Your night sky cards are fabulous! Love the stars and colors! Beautiful Christmas cards. I've started on mine but not to the extent you have. Cute birthday card. And your lavender! Oh my!! So many gorgeous plants! Mine are just about done for the year. My rose had a disease so will get another.
Love the Scripture!
Have a wonderful week!
Carol N #24

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, the lavender looks stunning, we have a couple in our garden too, the bees are busy here all day. I hope you get some soaking rain soon, the weather seems to have gone into a La Nina pattern for our summer, Warragamba is 96% full after our extreme rain in Feb. Your cards are stunning, love the backgrounds and the starry night skies look great. Have a wonderful week... Hope you are starting to feel a lot better... Megan

Gail said...

WOW! You've been busy!
Good job on the Christmas cards!
I have not started!
I will make a few Halloween cards, then maybe Christmas!
You cards are lovely!
The birthday cards are delightful!
Love the toadstool, the dragonfly is awesome!
Your lavender is HUGE!
So is the rose.
We have a few different lavender planted & I'm always rubbing them when I go by!
Stay safe!

Conniecrafter said...

I know what you mean the time is just flying by, Christmas will be here before we know it, sounds like you are making the most of your time, and even getting pretty birthday cards done too. I bet it is hard when the weather is so nice out there!

Susan Renshaw said...

Loving all the batch baking!
That card for Eamon is delightful - love the story! Wishing him a very happy Birthday!
Super sweet peas - I love the fragrance!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #7

kiwimeskreations said...

I have not had much difficulty with the new blogger at all Shaz... sorry to hear you are being totally frustrated with it.
Loving your batch baking backgrounds - they look stunning.
Your birthday card is so special and absolutely gorgeous.
The roses are exquisite, and I am impressed by your lavender!! Your beach shot looks perfect! We too are also needing more rain - things are quite dry already...
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Kellie 0:) said...

Loving those Christmas cards and how they echo the real reason for Christmas. I should get myself organised too it will all be with us as the end of the year is coming up fast.

Brenda said...

Christmas will be here before we know it that is for sure! So good for you for the multi card baking sessions. I love your cards, I have this same stamp set and it is a NBUS for me. I need to get it out and make some batch baking myself! I love the way you highlighted baby Jesus and the star, so pretty. Might have to CAS you! It's a beautiful stamp set isn't it?! Love those starry backgrounds you have on your desk, so pretty! The little mushroom card is just adorable, loving that card base shape! The dragonfly card is so serene, love the blue ombre background. Had a dragonfly that followed me back and forth in the pool this past summer, love them. Wow, that lavender is gorgeous! It must love it in that spot. Those sweet peas are so pretty, I bet they smell great! I've never seen a rose like that before, it is stunning! I love that it is thornless too. Beautiful shot on your walk, it looks like perfect weather there. We need rain too, really bad. I mowed dust yesterday, it seemed that way. I think everyone around the world needs rain it seems. That's not good. Love that bookmark for your friend, I think it has been a tough year for a lot of people. So sweet of you to think of her in this way. Sending blessings, prayers and hugs, Brenda

Lindart said...

Hi Shaz! Love the night sky colours, I did one of my cards in those colours too! I have a hard time making batch cards for some reason, but I really should take a couple of cards I like and batch make them. So nice that you are going into Spring and Summer while we are going into Fall/Winter. It's like having summer all year round! I love your lavender bushes! Have a great week! Lindart #28

Ellie said...

Adorable toadstool card! Bet that will be very well received, the masked off inking birthday card is so simple but effective. I need to give that a go. Gorgeous flowers!
Have a safe and crafty weekend!
Ellie #14

Anne said...

Love all your cards! Thanks for the technique tips too! Your flowers are just gorgeous, I so love spring and summer when all the flowers burst forth! TFS xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Hi Shaz... thanks for your visit - we live in Melbourne. We moved back to Australia in February after a few years in the UK (although we are originally from there). Our 4 kids and families all live in Victoria - basically the boys
wouldn't leave when we did in 2004, for work in Hong Kong, Abu Dhabi and then India. At that stage we had been in Melbourne for 6 years.

Shoshi said...

Lovely cards, Shaz, especially the dragonfly! Gorgeous photos as well. Sorry for the late visit. I've been very busy this week getting the needle books finished in time for the deadline.

Happy belated WOYWW and God bless,
Shoshi x #18

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...