Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 18 November 2020

A Twofer Christmas with Snippets + WOYWW.

(If you haven’t - please also join in my 10th Blogaversary candy over HERE!)

Well, yes it’s Wednesday, my desk share day, with cards and Aussie fun photos, too! Over at Julia’s here you can see worldwide Workdesks for What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday! And of the wonders of Christmas Twofer?? .. see more below, because desk must come first! 

Really this is what I’m supposed to be making a birthday card, with one of those very pretty digi papers and a birthday for the 2nd Dec., since it’s going to Victoria I need to mail it ASAP.. however last night I headed off on another tangent. You see, I added two more folks to my card list. They’re missionaries away over the sea in Africa, who can’t come home as planned for Christmas because of our closed borders, so I decided two more cards last night.. finished them this morning.
Over at Darnell’s Twofer (over here), and just cos it’s Christmas, you’re allowed to make two Christmas cards, not necessarily two different occasions as it is normally! and those stars grabbed me.. with the help of a google search I adapted two card designs I found, to things I had in stash.
Namely a star mask by MB, heat embossed with Versamark in silver EP and some CCD stars  were cut in assorted sizes. I used Poppy stamps “Joy to the world” stamp die set for greeting.
On this card on piece with "Tidings of Comfort and.." I used a NBUS Not Used Before Schtuff (so joining NBUS Challenge here). It's an Avery Elle set of Simple Sentiment dies. Love them and see those Courture Creations glue pens? they're brilliant, larger than most others, never  block and at under $4 in Oz, they're a bargain!
Second card super simple, a star decoration with my totally favourite “Stampendous“ verse, "For unto you is born this day in the city of David is a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:12 and as both of these cards used snippets.. I’m off to the playground too, Snippetty playground challenge here .... AND Miss has a bad shoulder so I’ve lots of prayers for her healing and big bunch of our roses, virtually! due to lockdown... wouldn’t it be grand to really visit! Playground open week longer and we may enter twice! 
Now the Aussie shots are courtesy of a grey nomad in our family, remember this rock platform a few week’s back?
 
Lunch Lady Jan asked how big it was? Well, that piece was relatively small but there were many other parts to the rocky headland at Woody Head.. as these photos show! Have a clamber over it with me 😁
Also someone else asked how big the tree goannas or lace monitors grew, usually they’re 1.5 to 2 metres or approximately 6’.
Not things you argue you with, but usually leave us alone, my BiL had a photo of my sister in her chair reading with one a little to her left behind her. Hoping no doubt she’d be eating and drop something! 
Above one checking put a BBQ...
... and one up a tree, hence tree goannas.
Above - these palms are in Whian Whian State forest. 
Here below are the willie wagtail fledglings on their beach front yard.
It's spring here, and there is also in their nesting box a fledging rosella, very shy.
This is what rosellas look like, this is courtesy of a SA friend.
Well, that’s it for today, I’m hoping, God willing, to finish my overseas mail today. Done USA, doing UK and Africa!
Praying much for all in USA, UK, France and many other countries to be kept safe and for God to watch over all whom you love.
Thanks for popping over and saying hi, am hoping to do better this week in visiting, God willing.
Prayer hugs,
Shaz in Oz.x 
Thought for the day:
 A favourite verse of mine (one of many!) is:
"Thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall."
Isaiah 25:4
Are you labouring long in prayer, is your heart heavy, your spirit overwhelmed?
Remember the battle is not mine, yours, ours or theirs.... 
But the battle is the LORD's. 
Rest on His might.
 Not resting in self, but resting, really resting in surrender.
For He "hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall. " 
Praise His glorious name, how He loves us!
 
 Linking up with also:
**Word Art Wednesday - anything goes. Both cards  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/
**Christmas card is linked up to new challenge We love Chocolate Baroque, theme is Christmas, used Stamping on greetings on both cards.. and embossing and masking on first card.

 

39 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the star cards Shaz. Hope you get the birthday card posted in time. Amazing Oz photos as ever. So different to the UK. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

Darnell said...

Your Twofer star designs are Christmas perfection, Shaz! You know I love all the glimmer and schparkle on both! Your gold star is beautiful hanging from a pretty ribbon on your CASlicious design with a wonderful classic sediment! And your blue and gold star-filled second design is festive and beautifully composed! Thank you for playing in TCC #33!

And thank you for including all the incredible Oz photos of the sensational tidal pools and local flora and fauna! I love lizards, but not so much these giants. Eek! The darling birds have a nest similar to what a hummingbird builds. Are they that tiny? Keep safe and well! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

p.s. And thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS, too!

Helen said...

Fab stars cards, I love them. You are organised but sounds like you have to be! great Aussie shots too. Helen #1

brenda said...

Goodness those Tree Goannas are big fellows Shaz, I can't imagine seeing one of those going up and down the trees in the garden, but I guess it's what you grown up with an it's normal. Moreover, I can't begin to imagine what the dogs would make if it, they get worked up enough with the Squirrels.

Two super cards, the silver and blue very striking and the gold one oh so elegant. Many thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate baroque again, love to have you join in.

B x

craftyani said...

Love your star cards hope you get all the others finished and posted in time. Notice here in Spain they are saying 2nd December latest posting date to UK this year - I had better get a move on. Have a good day and stay safe. Ani. #5

Suze said...

Two lovely starry cards Shaz.

Chrissie said...

I love your star cards Shaz, absolutely fab! Your photos are wonderful, we were so in awe of so much that we saw on our trip to Oz!
Chrissie #6

Betsy said...

Shaz! I recieved your lovely, lovely card TODAY! Before the USA Thanksgiving, so in plenty of time for Christmas. It's so pretty and the letter was wonderful. I finally got to see your beautiful face. Thank you so much.

I had no idea the goanna's were that big. I though 1 or 2 feet. But 6 feet! I think I would stay away from them.

Take care my dear sister. All is well so far with Dennis and I. We're isolating as much as possible, although he is still going to work everyday.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Julia Dunnit said...

Brilliant twofer Miss Shaz, quite beautiful cards. I too am rushing about a bit to get long haul cards sorted. I expect your missionary friends will be delighted that you made time to think of them as they have to stay away at a Christmas. And yep, I still have a few birthdays to recognise in card form too, so my desk is a real cross over of stuff. Not as pretty as yours though, that digi paper is very sweet. Good luck with it. Fascinating Aussie shots this week, isn’t it amazing how plain old rocks actually are anything but plain old rocks.

Neet said...

Had no idea those critters would be that long - wow that is some scary animal. I can't imagine him climbing up a tree.
Beautiful cards as always Shaz, it would be hard to choose a favourite and I am in awe of the way you have used that star so effectively so many times.
Changed my comment box as you instructed, now it is easier for you to comment, hopefully, but not sure about the way I use it myself.
Will keep it like it is, especially for you my lovely friend.
Hugs and Blessings to You, Neet xx 10

Spyder said...

Lovely Star card Shaz, and you've reminded me, I have a star die cut. whoooho. Another idea for a Christmas card. Lovely pictures, doubt very much if we'll ever go abroad again, so it's lovely to see where woywwers live! Hope you have a great week. Stay safe! Happy WOYWW?! ((Lyn)) #12

kiwimeskreations said...

What exquisite star cards Shaz - they are two beautiful cards, especially the one with the gold star!
Fabulous Oz photos - those rocks are amazing, as is your wildlife.
Thank yo for sharing your beautiful cards with us at Word Art Wednesday
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine WAW DT

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It was so interesting to have that walk around the rocks with you and to see the relative sizes of what you’d showed, so interesting but then G and I are rock geeks - when we lived in Northumberland, we’d go and find geodes and amethyst in the rivers up in the Cheviot Hills, still got them around somewhere! I LOVE those two cards equally, you have such a sense of style with layouts and colours - gorgeous!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Anne said...

I always love your creations and don't know how you manage to come up with such lvoely designs so quickly! Your missionary friends are going to feel very blessed when they receive them! Your Oz shots are always a delight and I look up to find out more about the animals and plants that you mention. God's creation is amazing! Isaiah 25:4 is such an encouragement and keeps our focus on God. Thanks for sharing this on your blog!xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I don't know where to start you've been so busy you must be tired out Lol! great card collection. The photographs are brilliant. The Rosella used to be a popular bird kept by breeders in the UK. I used to see them quite a lot at the bird auction where I used to sell my Lovebirds. I used to breed them and they were popular pets as well as Budgies. You set me thinking when you said "God Willing". I said this to some Dutch friends when we saw them in France in January, they were asking if we would be back again for the next season (skiing) little did I know at the time how things would change this year but "God Willing" things will get better but no skiing this season I'm afraid. Take care my friend and sending woyww hugs, Angela x14x

Annie said...

Gorgeous cards again. I really love the rock formations...isn't nature amazing? Oh I really can't wait til Spring now. Love all your photos.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. Firstly, those huge lizards is one reason why I could not live in Australia! Literally have nightmares just thinking about them. I cope in Spain with the small lizards/snakes you see quite regularly. Thankfully nothing like that in Wales! I loved all the rock photos. Just beautiful. I love geology and often find myself fascinated by rock formations in our beautiful area. Your cards are gorgeous. Ali x #25

Twiglet said...

Your stars card is lovely - Mum and Dad used to sing "Comfort and..." as their Christmas party piece - happy days. Your rock and goanna pics are amazing - what a magical world you live in. xx Jo

StampinCarol said...

I, too, get side tracked when I'm supposed to be doing/making something! But your Christmas cards are gorgeous! Love that verse, too! Great scenery! Those goannas are huge!! We have little geckos at our place. And a great verse to end your post. Thanks for sharing!
Have a wonderful week!
Carol n #26

Caro said...

I love the star cards, especially the clean lines of the second one - so elegant. Love the goannas as well! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#13)

Felicia said...

Shaz, love what you did with those cards!! So, so pretty! Those rock formations are amazing and that tree goanna looks way too scary to me!!! And toooooooo big!!! LOL Lizards I can handle, but that guys is huge!! The birdies, however, are just my size and too precious!! Beautiful pictures! Have a wonderful Wednesday and rest of your week! :) Felicia #32

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Always love seeing the flora, the fauna and the strange places in your zone, Shaz. Thanks for sharing!
Two fabulous star cards, so different but both impressive!
Hugs!

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, love the star cards. Hope they reach the recipients safely. Wow the tree goannas grow big - not sure how I would react if I saw one in my garden! I think I'm going to check out the NBUS challenge- I might not join in online, but will do my best to join in remotely. Have a lovely week and stay well, Heather xx #22

Crafting With Jack said...

Your photographs are fabulous, love them all. Australia is such an amazing country to live. Hope your week is blessed x Angela #33

Beccy said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz, I love the different ways you used the stars. I particularly like the second one with the gold star and the large sentiment. So lovely.
Thanks for sharing the photos too, those rocky structures are amazing!
Cheers,
Beccy

loz said...

Gorgeous cards Shax. beautiful Aussie photos. Not sure I would want to meet a Tree Goanna...Loz

Lillianb said...

Two great cards and the rocks are great and I would love to explore them that's for sure, Great photos, that Rosella sure is colourful,

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #15

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

And thank you so much for joining us again at We Love Chocolate Baroque!!

Shoshi said...

Busy as always, Shaz, and some great cards again! I have been thinking I could do with some of those sentiment dies. Cutting them out by hand is always time consuming and a bit hit or miss. They are a great idea. Your Aussie photos are great - those rock formations are truly amazing, and I loved seeing the iguanas too. I expect the BBQ was still warm and a nice place to take a nap! You have such fantastic wildlife, something I would dearly love to see one day (with the exception of the poisonous spiders and snakes and box jellyfish lol!). My favourite, of course, is the Platypus. An example of God's sense of humour in action, created to sow confusion among those who don't believe in Him lol! My hubby and I love these extraordinary little creatures. They are shy and don't travel well so we'd have to come down to Australia to visit them, which is something else I love about them - they are not 2 a penny in every zoo in the world.

Happy belated WOYWW and God bless,
Shoshi x #19

Happy Dance said...

Your Christmas cards are a delight, Shaz. There is just something special about silver and blue together, and you've highlighted that 'something special' perfectly here. Those stars in stars next to stars look amazing, and I do like your sentiment, too. I am particularly smitten with your beautiful CAS second Christmas card. The glitter gold star with its festive ribbon draws the eye right to your sentiment. Having taught Sunday School for many years, the account of Jesus' birth was something I had them all memorize for our Christmas Eve Service. So your card has extra meaning for me and it warms my heart. Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe. Bev

Conniecrafter said...

I am sure those families that will be missing out on coming home will be thankful for any cards and letters they do receive, I love them both but the one with the single star is my favorite.
Cool pics, spring is so great to see everything come back to life!

flossbite said...

Wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Good luck!

Crafty in the Med said...

Hello Shaz Thank you for following me and many thanks indeed for the advice given. Reciprocally I am following you and have placed you on my blog list. I have been reading some of your posts....amazing and beautiful cards...very impressive. I thought the last one on this post the one you call "super simple" really lovely! Thank you also for sharing these photographs. Is this where you live? Personally I would have jumped a mile if I had one of these goannas creep up behind me. keep well Amanda :-)

Ellie said...

Beautiful cards and photos, such a shame the friends of yours cant come home for christmas. Sending hugs
Ellie #8

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Frustrating how easily a comment maybe deleted instead of published when they cone in email.
Sorry Aimslee.
Aimeslee Winans has left a new comment on your post "A Twofer Christmas with Snippets + WOYWW.":

Hello Shaz. A wonderful assortment of cards and photos. I learned a lot! Take care and enjoy your springtime! XOX

Susan Renshaw said...

Terrific twofers!
Love all the rock photos and then the monitors and other Aussie photos!
Sorry I am late again...
Happy WOYWW!
Susan Renshaw #23
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Di said...

Beautiful star cards Shaz! And such a kind thought. Huge thanks for your sweet words, thoughts and prayers progress is slow but sure here. Gosh what wonderful photos - although I'll pass (or pass out) on the goannas though. Am such a wimp really!

Hugs

Di xx

Linby said...

Fab stars cards - the silver and blue looks wonderful. Great pics too! thanks for sharing with us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge.
Lynn x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...