Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Beccy’s Digi in Christmas + WOYWW

 Hi there everyone, yippee, another Wednesday, please hop over to WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday at Julia’s

Desk sharing time... okay desk isn’t very riveting, in fact it’s from a few days back as no crafting this week, but have things to share.This was at my computer where I’d put Beccy’s images into a Word doc ready for a few cards as I’d run out again. 😃 this the lovely Silver bell by Beccy, added the digi verse is one of Karen’s from Word Art Wednesday. Love them together and had great fun making these cards below.

I’ve been busy as summery visitors arrived on Sunday for week, however have had a truly wonderful time in spite of the weather, which I shall mention below.

These are the cards which I made with this silver bell by Beccy, EF is Swirls by Embossaliscious, plus SB ovals and ribbon etc. quite simple.

Aussie photos - first of all, a couple of birds, one by a friend, a blue wren caught mid flight, very skilful, I thought.

Secondly a very unusual bird rather owl-like but not actually an owl, a Tawny Frogmouth on family’s fence in Brisbane. The first one shows how well camouflaged they are, look all the world like a part of a tree when in a tree. 
Second is up closer.
Another photo below ..

... taken  by a nephew out gardening. How is this for a bromeliad? Huge!

Talking of huge, we’ve had a huge amount of rain, over 400mm in past five days, that’s 16+inches. Here’s some photos to show you what a rain, low depression on NSW coast is like. Quack, quack! First few are in hinterland up in mountains overflowing waterfalls.

 Above photo.. that is a mountain road halfway down that the waterfall is roaring across!
Lavenders bridge, only moderate , as its often under water.
.... and then some ocean ones to share.
To cheer you up I’ll leave you with a couple of sunsets.

From our What’sApp, one by BiL 30 mins north of here. The other by his eldest son in Norway, both show that “ the heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament shews forth His handiwork”. Ps 19:1.

Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

Thought of the day.

The Christ of Christmas is front and centre here!

 An exquisite card has just arrived from France! 

Announcing "Born is the King of Israel".. Jesus , our Saviour!

Yes, it's for us, you and I, that LOVE came.
Came as a little, tiny baby, born in a lowly cattle shed, a babe... 
Yet a King, the King of Kings born to die that we might live by faith in Him, and know the true joy of sins forgiven, and a home in heaven!

Hallelujah,  what a Saviour!

Linking over with:

1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes. Both cards  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
2. Beccy's lovely digi is one I won on her xhsllenge last month,  and is also a NBUS, so off to the NBUS Challenge too.
Joinging with  Beccy's December  challenge,  too, here. And please check out the freebie digis that Beccy  has there too. 



31 comments:

brenda said...

Lovely cards, especially drawn to the Christmas wreath and so many great photos, that bird is awesome.

If I'm not by again before, I wish you and yours a peaceful Christmas, stay safe and let's all pray 2021 is a better one for everyone.

B x

Betsy said...

Good morning Shaz. I hope you are feeling better and better. You have been in my prayers. That frog mouthed owl like bird is amazing! I've never heard of it before and it certainly does look like part of a tree. The scenery photos are so beautiful. The wondrous beauty of His creation always fills my heart with joy.
There is snow in big flakes falling right now here outside my door. Meanwhile, it's summer for you. That always strikes me as so odd and I don't know why.
I love all of the cards. I'm so grateful He came and died for me. This world is not my home. I'm looking foward to Heaven more with each passing day.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Sue said...

Thanks for sharing your fab photos. They are a real insight into the scenery, with gorgeous colours. Your digi cards are inspired too. I’m just getting to grips with simple pictures. I’d love to have the skill to add text etc. Great message too. Have a blessed celebration with Christmas hugs from Sue #20 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Thank you so much for my gorgeous card which arrived yesterday, it is beautiful and shall take pride of place! Amazing pics today especially of the bad weather, I’d read that you were getting storms but that pic of the road submerged under the waterfall is quite scary!
Keep safe and well lovely gal,
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. Those bell cards are lovely - a beautiful design. That Tawny Frogmouth bird is incredible - so well camouflaged indeed. Took me some time to find him in the first photo! I love seeing waves that tower so high - the power of the sea is awesome!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Talitha said...

I love seeing your cards and the photos are fabulous. I look forward to your blog posts each week. They are so uplifting and are “keepers”! I share them with my friends and encourage them to pass them on, too. Have a blessed Christmas and stay safe and healthy. Praying that we will eventually get back to some sense of ‘normalcy’. God bless us everyone!!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, lovely cards, the bell image is so pretty. Lots of lovely scenic pictures,that waterfall over the road is incredible! the bird is amazingly well camoflaged, isn't he?Stay safe, have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #6 X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, that is a very unusual bird but then you have some of the most fascinating animals and birds where you live. Gorgeous cards too. Stay safe and have a very happy woyww Angela x12x

Karen said...

Beautiful cards and so many lovely photos too! The tawny frogmouth is wild looking ~ and I love the water falls ~ Enjoy the season ~ Love, Karen #32

Darnell said...

It's always a pleasure to visit you, Shaz! Your batch cards with the digi are so beautiful! And so is the card from Anne! I am mesmerized by this week's nature photos! Wonderful waterfalls and ocean scenes with those crazy crashing waves. But for me, the scene stealers are the birds! Great shot of the blue wren in flight and that strange and fascinating Tawny Frogmouth is like nothing I've ever seen before! It really does look like an owl did a no-no trying to kiss a frog!! Nature is awe-mazing! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Caro said...

Love your cards and the Tawny Frogmouth is amazing. Love the photos of the sea and your final statement is so true. Hallelujah - what a saviour indeed! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#13)

Helen said...

the cards are all gorgeous, and the bird is huge, I've never seen a picture of one before. Have a great week. take care. Helen #2

Felicia said...

Shaz, I was so thrilled to read your blog this week! I COMPLETELY love your sentiment of remembering the Christ of Christmas! I know its celebrated in so many ways around the globe, but as for me and my house we WILL serve the Lord and there is NO Christmas without Christ!! And......that card from Anne is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! What an amazing card!! Your photos were wonderful and I especially loved the OWL photo.....Oh WOW! I have never seen an owl like that! Truly amazing and a total testimony of how God didn't create anything without a purpose!! The Merriest of Christmas's to you and yours! Blessings, Felicia #31

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Shaz!
Your cards are pretty! I love the nature shots, just so beautiful! The Tawny Frogmouth is amazing!

Be well,
Chana Malkah, #34!

StampinCarol said...

Love the Bell cards! That Frogmouth bird is truly strange!
I love your scenes!! That highway would be scary to travel during any rain! Absolutely LOVE the King card and your quote. Thanks for sharing Jesus!
God bless you!
Carol N #29

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You always have a great card or two to share with us Shaz along with those super photo's hope the rainfall is just enough to water mother earth without causing any damage. The sunsets is stunning. Sending WoywW blessings your way.
Stay safe Hugs Tracey #8 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Gorgeous cards and such neautiful photos of your lovely country - The frogmouth is a strange looking guy! I adore the cloisone effect on that last card from France - no wonder it is a favourite! Have a good week, stay well, stay safe, Cindy #26

loz said...

Gorgeous cards and stamp Shaz. Beautiful aussie Pic's and the Tawny Frogmouth is gorgeous..Loz

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your cards are so elegant with the bells into the ovals, those swirly embossed backgrounds, and the verses inside!! The double ribbons look great!
Awesome picture of Aussie nature, and LOVE that bluebird in flight!!
Hugs and blessings on your way!

Conniecrafter said...

Your cards are so pretty, love the pretty pop of color in the ribbon.
Wow, can't hardly believe you all were so dry not to long ago and now you have more than enough water.
That bird is so cool, can't get over how close he is to the fence color!

Beccy said...

Your silver bells cards are fabulous Shaz, I love the embossing folder you chose, what a gorgeous pattern. I also like the double ribbon along the sides, great choice of colour.
Thank you for sharing the photos. We also had a lot of rain from the same system, but thankfully no flooding. I think everything was too dry to flood... the water just soaked right in!
Cheers,
Beccy

Sarah Brennan said...

Lovely cards Shaz and amazing Oz photos. That owl like bird is amazing. Glad there has been rain thinking back to this time last year. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your cards with the silver bell image. Amazing photographs, I got distracted by the tawny Frogmouth and went looking for more photographs. It really does look more like an owl from the front. Australia does have some amazing creatures. I was hoping they would be able to bring the Tasmanian Tiger back, but I haven’t heard anything about that for quite a while. Yes, Hallelujah and Amen. Wishing you a blessed Christmas Angela #5

Shoshi said...

A very pretty digi image, Shaz, and I love what you've done with it. The oval frame is a winner. Your Aussie photos were fabulous as always but the two bird ones were amazing - the wings of the one in flight, and that extraordinary bird that looks like a log - I couldn't see it at all to start with, until I enlarged the photo. It looks as if you've had a lot of flooding. I was rather amused at the "no vehicles beyond this point" one!! I love the card you received - so beautiful.

God bless, and happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #21

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m late. Again! a I LOVE the card from your friend in France, beautiful. It might very well be my favourite of the season too! Thank you for your card and calendars, already in use in the workshop next to the phone points and above the job list so that we can panic over dates when we thing we’ve got a week in hand. Like I did yesterday, got it into my head that I had all of next week before Christmas week! Gosh you’ve had a lot of rain, all useful really, but just when you’ve got visitors, slightly typical! Hope you’re having a lovely time with them. Your Oz shots are amazing, that owl-y bird is really quite amazing!

Anne said...

I love how you have used the bell and it is beautifully coloured! Your embossing folders are always so pretty and you use them to such good effect. Lovely card! I always enjoy your photos, love the blue wren, what a beautiful colour! God is so amazing! Sunsets and sea scapes...wish I were there....!!!

Spyder said...

Love the pictures this week. That Owl! I had to enlarge the picture he looks like a tree stump. Cards are lovely. think I've got all mine away now...but theres always one I forget! Have a great weekend. Happy WOYWW!? Stay Safe,
((Lyn)) #24

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, I once caught a family of three tawny frogmouth's preening as I walked to work, when they saw me they all became statues... A fabulous set of last minute cards and just as well your relatives arrived early, as I write they are considering more restrictions.... a stunning card by Anne in France, love the sentiment. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and a happy, safe and healthy 2021... Megan

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely cards - but the photos are brillinat - especially the one of the wren!
Sorry I am so late commenting...
Happy 602nd WOYWW!
Stay Safe and Keep Well...
Susan #23
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Crafty in the Med said...

Wonderful photos Shaz. Very much like the one of the blue wren quite impressive caught in motion like that. However,what I do find fascinating is that bird that looks like the trunk of the tree. Incredible camouflage.... The photo of the bromeliad is fabulous when I look at the miserable specimen I have on my balcony...well in comparison its a joke. Keep well Amanda x

MiamiKel said...

How lovely, Shaz! I love your card and the white with the pop of color is just so beautiful - that bird is amazing! God is so wonderful in His creations! Hugs! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...