Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 2 December 2020

WOYWW 600 + Christmas NBUS Embossing folder

(EDIT: CANDY DRAW below)

Hullo, amazingly yet again - it’s Wednesday here, which means WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday at Julia’s YES, WOYWW 600 is here! Shouldn’t be here as super busy and as write this it’s late on Tues, but as it’s WOYWW 600 Felt that I must join.. even if quick lob in! Hoping to catch Beccy’s November bonanza post too over here.

Here is my desk at midnight, yes it’s still Christmas.. as I keep adding to my card list. I visited nursing homes yesterday as we’ve not been allowed in some for ages so it was grand to see some, and will be again today. 
So making more nativity here, on the wee πŸ‘ sheep, I used the Woodware Fluffy stuff that’s in the white tube in shoebox lid. All the images laid out ready to do with heat tool .. this is a Sweet n Sassy nativity image stamped and die cut kindly for me by Marilyn in USA. 
The verse stamped on vellum is Our Daily Bread... here it is above, up close!
I had this lovely 3D Gemini embossing folder of “Hark the Herald angels sing” so multiple embossed it for extra pop, adding some gold brilliance inks highlights. 

Now to Aussie shots, first from walk last week, down at our main sweep of beach’s there are surfers πŸ„‍♀️  in those waves.

Then next ones are courtesy of the grey nomads in our family. The white sticklike flower is the head of the grass trees as shown in collage, grass trees were once called black boys too.
The beautiful Christmas looking flower is a a native flower of NSW called Christmas bells, they flowered here in the wild on our block, when we bought it in 1969 but no matter what dad did he couldn’t keep them flowering once not in bushland. They like grassy, marshy or damp areas but zero cultivation.
I hope to pop around but maybe next week, also hope to zoom on Sat. for the virtual crop, but as think it’s 8 or 9pm and maybe for me even later - I’ll be at a Christmas function till 9.30pm I’m not hopeful. I put it on my phone in case, but don’t know how to drive it yet! Learn on fly. 

God richly bless your week and keep you in the days ahead.

Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x πŸ™πŸ€—

Thought of the day

In light of 600 WOYWW thought this rather apt.

 Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” 

It’s  something I need to remember, I may not know what tomorrow will hold, but I know Who has it all safely in His hands! 

Praise God for that!

I often think of that saying on the American $ note, “In God we trust” in light of current events on a number of continents, it’s something we all do well to trust in!

(Arghhh boy blogger drives me nuts. It’s eaten my edits again!)

Candy draw... done published earlier, and still showing on my iPad..  but blogger ate it. So sorry.

 
Two draws as two prizes.
 
Alice and Sunshine...
... please email me, my email link is on my sidebar.
 I will need both your addresses. Thanks so much everyone who entered.
I really appreciate you all so much. God bless you all!
*****
Linking over with:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes. Both cards  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
 2. https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-79/
3. This embossing folder is also a NBUS, sometimes I’m a bit ashamed how long I take to use NBUS, so off to the NBUS Challenge too.
3.**Christmas cards linked up to new challenge We love Chocolate Baroque, theme is Christmas.

42 comments:

Betsy said...

Hi Shaz! What beautiful cards. I really like the music score and the nativity. You are so talented with your beautiful cards. I have the one I receieved hanging right over the fireplace where I can see it every time I look up from my knitting or my Bible.
Your Aussie shots are beautiful too. Our snow didn't melt yesterday like I had hoped so today it's very icy outside. It was an adventure taking Chloe for her walk this morning.
Take care my dear friend.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Suze said...

Lovely card Shaz. I like the music background. The "fluffy stuff" on the sheep looks great. The contrasting blue on the sentiment is a good idea to bring the focus to it.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous Nativity card, that EF really pops!! Love the blue tones you choose!
Beautiful Aussie shots! Here it's cold and rainy today, so I'm glad to see green and sunny places!
Hugs

Helen said...

the cards are as always, delightful.. so glad you were able to join in WOYWW today, can't miss week 600!! take care and stay safe. Helen #1

Neet said...

Hope you do make it for the Zoom, it would be lovely to see you.
Another beautiful card from the desk of Shaz - I love the colour and the musical background but the parchment piece and the image really are the show stealers here. Beautiful.
Thanks for the Oz photos - I bet it is lovely to see those Christmas bells growing here and there. Such a beautiful colour.
Take care my friend
Hugs and Blessings
Neet 7 xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving your Aussie Shots Shaz - those Christmas Bells are beautiful, but they are surpassed by your stunning card in this post Shaz - that is one amazing card! The verse is one I need to take more heed of too.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 600! I still remember meeting you in Llandudno, what a wonderful time that was and we launched straight into conversation. That’s the great thing about knowing everyone through the desks, you already have their backstory and don’t have to start from scratch! That card is glorious and I absolutely love the music embossing, don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Gorgeous!!
Have a good day and I really hope to see you at the weekend on Zoom!
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. 600 - pretty spectacular, huh? So good to "meet" each week, and glad we had the opportunity to meet up in reality - goodness, all that time ago.
The cards are beautiful.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh wow, such a lovely surprise!!! I'm the lucky winner of the sentiment die!! Yay! :D
Thank you Shaz!! I will email you immediately! :) Congrats to Sunshine, too!!

Annie said...

I'm doing a quick whistle stop tour of all my fav blogs today. I'm in the middle of making two bears and an elephant so can't stop long today but I needed to pop by to say happy 600th celebrations to you and thank you for your friendship over the past 11+ years. Long may it last eh?
Stay safe and well.
Hugs,
Annie x #13

Spyder said...

Love the embossing on the card, must do more of that! Still not crafting as much as I did, but its getting there. I hase five monkeys...they get very jealous of each other, I usually find one or two on the floor...of course it could be Jinx the cat! Have a fabulous 600th WOYWW, STAY SAFE! Keep crafting!
( Lyn) #18

Glenda said...

I love the music embossing folder and it made a lovely card! Also love all the wonderful photos of your homeland!

Diana Taylor said...

Gorgeous card Shaz, as always. Lovely that you are now able to visit nursing homes, it's been a tough year for a lot of people but looks like an end is in sight, fingers crossed.
Happy 600th anniversary, hope you make it to the Zoom meeting,
Diana xx #27

Anne said...

Such a beautiful card and I love the embossing folder! Bravo! Gorgeous Aussie photos too, I always love seeing these! Psalm 90:12 is apt for any day, may we learn to be thankful for each day and to make it count! Congratulations to the candy winners too!

Julia Dunnit said...

I spent way too long trying to work out what the white things in the box were...lesson learned...read first!! I love the card with the embossing folder background, how beautifully you managed to highlight it, my attempts at that sort of work with an ink pad do not end well. Good old Brilliance, that gold is still one of my favourites. Love the a Christmas Abel flower, how interesting that it won’t take to being looked after, I sort of admire its stubborn streak! Hope Saturday is a fun event, if we’ve packed up and finished zooming before you get home it will be a shame, but don’t change your plans....if this works as well as I hope, we can do it again during Christmas week when most people are less busy!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You make the most beautiful cards, Shaz and your music card is wonderful. I also enjoyed the photos from where you live. I remember those were always special to see. Happy 600th from #6.

My name is Cindy said...

Beautiful card, the gold on blue is so effective. Hope you can make the zoom, not sure when I shall be about and shall also be learning on he fly as I have only tried it unsupervised once before. Happy 600th WOYWW, have a good week, stay well stay safe, Cindy xx #30

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

The embossing on that card is just wonderful! Lovely textures all over! Happy #600! zsuzsa #34

Felicia said...

Shaz, I absolutely love the Christmas Card. It's so beautiful!! And, I love that Christmas song, one of my favorites along with the verse!! As usual, your photos are amazingly beautiful as well!! Ohh, the Christmas bells! So lovely! Many blessings for your Wednesday and rest of the week! Felicia #39

Lillianb said...

Happy WOYWDW #600

Such a stunning card love it,

What a lovely place to live, Visited Australia in 2004 and walked over the Sydney harbour bridge, Loved it there,

Take care and sty safe

Lilian B#13

Chana Malkah said...

Shaz in Oz,

Your card is beautiful! I love the soft calming colors! The nature shots are beautiful

Your quote brought to mind the words of a favorite song
"There are so many things about tomorrow that I don't seem to understand, but I know who holds the tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand."

Hugz,
Chana Malkah #43

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, gorgeous card. Sounds like you've been busy. The photographs are lovely to see and the landscape is so different from where we live. Wishing you a very happy woyww and a lovely creative week. Angela x19x

Caro said...

Your cards are beautiful as ever! I love seeing your Aus photos as well - so bright and warm compared to here. Happy 600th WOYWW. Stay safe and take care. With love & God Bless. Caro xxx (#14)

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, card with the embossed music is lovely. I have a music embossing folder somewhere- never thought to emboss it more than once for a more pronounced effect, but I will give it a try. Happy 600th WOYWW- it really was lovely to meet you in person at Llandudno - such a fun packed day, my jaw was a aching with talking, smiling and laughing so much! The photos are great- love the flowers and the beach. Have a lovely week, Heather xx #25

Robyn said...

I’ve so enjoyed all of our visits, the gold on your cards and the travelogues,Hope to see you on Saturday
Robyn 11

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Happy 600th WoywW Shaz another lovely person I met through this wonderful group. Beautiful cards, love the blue embossing with a whisper of gold gilding. Wishing you well & the happiest of days, stay safe Tracey #8

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful card! the blue and gold look so good together! Lovely photos of your area - those flowers are fabulous! Hugs, Cjrisxx 44

Chrissie said...

Fabulous cards and really awesome pics, what glorious views!
Happy WOYWW 600 and Stay safe!
Chrissie #12

Elizabeth said...

Happy 600th, Shaz. Lovely to see you joining in today. Your cards are beautiful - I have a soft spot for sheep. The Aussie shots are stunning - gorgeous flowers. Good luck with the Zoom thing and enjoy the crop on Saturday. Hugs, Elizabeth x #36

Nikki said...

Fantastic Card and those flowers are so pretty it's snowing here
HAPPY 600 hugs Nikki #47

Kathryn Frantz said...

Hi, Shaz!

I’m late, even for me, posting to you. So sorry. I’ve been looking at the “world clock “ on my phone trying to figure out the time difference. I’m 8 hours behind Julia. Looks like I’m way behind you, almost a whole day!

Your card is lovely ! I have the same embossing folder but haven’t been as creative with it. What did you mean by triple embossing?

I hope we both make it on the Zoom call. Mine access is dependent on wonky internet.

Stay safe!

Happy 600!

Kathryn ( p.s. the rest of my room is really a mess, a disaster! I’m sure yours doesn’t come close. :)

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the Christmas bells... much nicer than the Christmas Beetle my daughter had visit yesterday...
As a newbie to WOYWW - only 25 desks - I am so impressed that you have all reached 600!
Happy 600th WOYWW!
Stay Safe and Keep Well...
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Sarah Brennan said...

Lovely cards as ever Shaz. Loving that embossing folder! Looking forward to Saturday if my laptop is up to it. Stay safe and happy 600th WOYWW. Sarah #5

Shoshi said...

Lovely cards as always, Shaz. I particularly like the embossed music. Lovely embossing folder.

Happy WOYWW 600 and God bless,
Shoshi x #29

loz said...

Beautiful card and photos Shaz..loz

Crafting With Jack said...

Love all your photographs of Australia. That embossing folder is lovely although I am not sure how to do multiple embossing - do you just put it through twice? You have made a beautiful card with it. Angela #42

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Shaz, that is so smart to have a tray to dry all the lambs in. I was totally taken by surprise that they are letting people into your senior homes there. ( they are all pretty locked down tight here) I am sure the residents have to be thrilled to have some contact though. :) Take care while you are out and about. ~Stacy #48

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, a superb Christmas card, love the embossing folder and the highlights with the gold you added. I've got a few cards left to do hopefully today, a full week of medical appointments this week... at least most have been posted these ones are hand deliver ones. I love Aussie Christmas Bells, we had some down the back, they didn't last more than one season.... Hope all is well, Have a wonderful week.. Megan

Crafty in the Med said...

Very beautiful Christmas card! Gorgeous nativity scene! I just love the fluffy effect on the sheep.The Christmas bell flower is fabulous adorable vivid colours. keep well Amanda x

Darnell said...

Congratulations to the winners of your generous draw! Your Christmas card is so beautiful, Shaz! I love that 3D e/f for the background! As always, the Oz photos are brilliant! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Gail said...

Your card is just lovely!
Great pictures!
Congratulations Alice & Sunshine!

Colleen Dietrich said...

WOW! That embossing folder is AMAZING, and I love how you rubbed some gold brilliance on it to really highlight it. Superb job. The sweet little image of the Christ child in the manger is beautifully colored, too. God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...